PDA

View Full Version : hawaii bike rental

shoe
03-04-2006, 12:12 AM
anyone know of a decent shop i could rent a road bike on the big island. i will be staying above kona working for a week and would like to do some riding when i have some off time. if there are responses forgive me if it takes a bit to check up as i'm off to the nahbs in a few hours and will be away from the computer for a few days, but will most likely check back in on wednesday when i get to hawaii...thanks in advance if anyone knows any info....dave

EdK
03-04-2006, 01:33 AM
B&L May have some rentals. Best to bring your own. Good riding on the Queen K North of Kona on the IM course. Three words to rememeber. Just be nice!

Kevin
03-04-2006, 05:59 AM
Send a PM to Kahuna, he can help you out.

Kevin

bigbill
03-04-2006, 11:19 AM
Try www.hbl.org. That is the Hawaii Bicycle League webpage which is for Oahu but there is a links page that lists all the bike shops on the big island. Aloha. A shop here in Oahu that has trips over there all the time is Boca, www.bocahawaii.com and they could probably point you in the right direction. FWIW, they are a good source of rentals if you visit Oahu.

03-04-2006, 11:30 AM
I assume you are going to be in kona-

www.hpbikeworks.com/
I used these guys when I was out and they are really on their game i rented a Kuota Kharma with ult it was just fine for a couple of hundred miles. Granted with the views off the queen K toward Hawi I would been happy on a tricycle.

K
Speak with linda and reserve before you go they do sell out.

Kahuna
03-04-2006, 01:14 PM
Check out B&L like EdK recommended. That's the only bike shop on the Big Island that I know about.

Send a PM to Kahuna, he can help you out.

Kevin