PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Cheap ~58cm beater in the SF Bay area for broke friend in school

4Rings6Stars
08-16-2014, 02:24 AM
Anybody have an 80's road bike kicking around they want to let go cheap? My best friend just moved to SF to go to grad school at CCA and is dead broke. He rides about a 57/58 TT and wants something basic he can use without worrying too much about it getting stolen or vandalized...

He is sending me links to 35lb peugeots with steel wheels and I just can't stand to see him riding something like that up all those hills!

Hoping to keep this in the sub $150 range...anybody have something? Let me know and I'll put you in touch with my friend. The uglier the better, but would prefer decent quality (80's-90's Japanese I'm thinking would be best).

This is the sort of thing he is looking for but it's a bit far out of town. http://sacramento.craigslist.org/bik/4616726559.html

If you happen to have a spare bedroom he can rent, he might be interested in that too...haha (he just moved out there this week and is crashing on a friend's couch until he can find something)

4Rings6Stars
08-19-2014, 12:10 AM
Bump