PDA

View Full Version : Bummed - no WCP Tour DVD this year

tv_vt
08-15-2014, 04:32 PM
Not sure if it's economics or technology changes or what, but I just heard World Cycling Productions won't be selling a Tour de France DVD this year. First time in maybe 25 years.

That bums me out. I loved curling up on the sofa with my wife in the dead of winter and watching the race and being transported to summer in France.

sw3759
08-15-2014, 05:23 PM
didnt know that.really is a bummer i gets lots of trainer milage out those DVD's.i know have every year from them since 86'.seems i always get them as xmas gifts from relatives
always loved the Giro and lomabardy dvd's too.not sure why they dont have enough interest anymore but i'd guess it's due to youtube.can people burn dvd's from utube videos?

oldpotatoe
08-16-2014, 07:31 AM
Not sure if it's economics or technology changes or what, but I just heard World Cycling Productions won't be selling a Tour de France DVD this year. First time in maybe 25 years.

That bums me out. I loved curling up on the sofa with my wife in the dead of winter and watching the race and being transported to summer in France.

You Tube and some sort of gig, like Apple TV..and watch away. How I re-watch the old ones..Stars and Watercarriers, Le Course en Tete, a Sunday in Hell...DVDs are so yesterday...kidding..I still have a BlueRay/DVD player