PDA

View Full Version : (Giro Air Attack) ...Would you, Could you...On a bike

firerescuefin
08-13-2014, 08:26 AM
It pains me to post this. I had thought about PM-ing a few folks to at least shield a large part of the populus from my inner Fred, but what the hell.

I need a new helmet.

The Giro Air Attack is on sale.

The first time I saw one in the wild (True Story) was on a bigger guy (politically correct)....at a race....in a smedium skinsuit....on a Dogma.....with deep wheels. Based on the observed gazes, I was not the only one scarred by what I was seeing

So needless to say I still am a little traumatized by my first encounter...and wanted to distance myself from all those things....but for some reason the Aero Helmet really tweaked me.

I'm comfortable with who I am on the bike...I like to mix it up at the Tues/Thurs/Sat WCs with the 2-5s. I'll race occasionally, but being in race shape is more of a priority than going out and pinning a number on. A friend's son was out on the ride last night. He has one...He is really fast....He rides and looks the part. I asked him about the helmet. He likes it. I tried it on. I liked it...enough.

So give me some feedback on this helmet....I will provide a poll. Feel free to make fun and have some fun with it. Just saying that, because when I have had fun in some posts, I get PMs about what an A-hole I am from a small percentage of the forum (which honestly has never been my intent)...So you've got my permission to run with it.

FIRE AWAY......Would you wear this helmet...if so, would it be conditional?

AngryScientist
08-13-2014, 08:31 AM
i just did a google images search because i was unfamiliar with the helmet. personally, one of my favorite parts of riding a bike is the wind in my face, just feels good to be going fast getting hit with the cooling breeze. based on that, i would rule it out for summer riding. it might be very good for cool weather days when the wind is freezing your eyeballs ordinarily.

FastforaSlowGuy
08-13-2014, 08:33 AM
Please don't get the shield. That's just wrong (unless you are on the track and own state/national hardware). And skip it for the Sunday coffee ride. Saw a guy break both these rules a few weeks back. It doesn't matter how fast he is - just wrong. Like commuting in a skinsuit.

45K10
08-13-2014, 08:36 AM
It looks hot, not Paris Hilton hot but temperature hot.

You live it Texas, maybe something to consider

firerescuefin
08-13-2014, 08:36 AM
Please don't get the shield. That's just wrong (unless you are on the track and own state/national hardware). And skip it for the Sunday coffee ride. Saw a guy break both these rules a few weeks back. It doesn't matter how fast he is - just wrong. Like commuting in a skinsuit.

This is good feedback. :)

Lewis Moon
08-13-2014, 08:44 AM

The shield comes off. This one is on my short list for winter/aero helmets. I wouldn't wear it on the Mt. Graham hill climb or other such sparkle pony magic daisy fun rides, but I'd sure wear it any time the ride was short and fast. Helmets will become like wheels; different helmets for different events.

Burnette
08-13-2014, 08:57 AM
First of all, post the sale man!
I need a new helmet too,the shield would allow me to wear clear RX cycling glasses under it, which would help the few times I make a route sheet.
You can easily take the shield off, it's held on by magnets.
I don't care about the aero claims, I do like the shield. Wonder how it would have performed last Sunday when I rode in the rain? Don't know.
Some people just don't like them, it's not to their taste, I respect that.
But if you personally like it, I wouldn't care what someone else on the ride thought. They all look stupid too with their space ships on their head and clown suit made out of spandex. To non riders we are a freak show.
I'm not immune to being judgemental, I think the POC helmets look like butt, yeah, get that thing in blazing orange. Difference with me is that I wouldn't deride someone who showed up with one. Once you're off riding, it's about the ride, atleast it is for me.
Could be an age thing for me too, the older I get the less I care about what someone else thinks about my toys. Seriously, 99.9% of Americans think our whole outfit looks stupid, we didn't care what non riders think, shouldn't care what fellow or lady fashionista cyclist think. Being a sheep ain't no fun, if it's functional and you like it, buy it.
I'll be damned if I'm going to check with somebody to see if the group likes it before I buy it.

justinrchan
08-13-2014, 08:57 AM
Totally agree - no shield. I have one that I use primarily when I do TTs but have worn it a few times on rides in place of my Aeon.

firerescuefin
08-13-2014, 09:02 AM
. Being a sheep ain't no fun, if it's functional and you like it, buy it.I'll be damned if I'm going to check with somebody to see if the group likes it before I buy it.

You're right...we all look like clowns. That look is hard for me to digest, but it's growing on me....a little. I felt the same about the POCs when they first came out, but if you're giving me a safer helmet, then I'm getting a tangible benefit. I would not be buying the Giro because I thought it made me any faster.

firerescuefin
08-13-2014, 09:03 AM
http://www.biketiresdirect.com/product/giro-2014-air-attack-shield-helmet

malcolm
08-13-2014, 09:10 AM
Dude if you like it, rock it.

curlybro
08-13-2014, 09:10 AM
I have it and I love it. I do a fair amount of riding in the woods and taking glasses on and off is a pain. Flipping the shield upside down on the other hand is not. Also it looks totally Judge Dredd.

buldogge
08-13-2014, 09:11 AM
I'd buy the Giro Prolight @ Nashbar for $80 shipped instead…IMHO.

-Mark in Whitehall

firerescuefin
08-13-2014, 09:14 AM
Also it looks totally Judge Dredd.

Hadn't considered that....but VERY good point.

firerescuefin
08-13-2014, 09:15 AM
I'd buy the Giro Prolight @ Nashbar for $80 shipped instead…IMHO.

-Mark in Whitehall

The carbon and red Attack....might be the finishing touch to the Red Star:cool:...just sayin ;)

Lewis Moon
08-13-2014, 09:18 AM
Hadn't considered that....but VERY good point.

I AM the law!
http://www.free-wallpaper-download.com/movie/judge-dredd/jd_1024.jpg

christian
08-13-2014, 09:21 AM
Comparing the aesthetics of bike helmets is a bit like comparing the heights of dachshunds.

I don't have any issue with it. If I didn't have a nearly-new Bell Sweep, I might pick up a white one for that $129 deal. That seems like a solid price for that helmet.

gospastic
08-13-2014, 09:22 AM
I've had one for a while now, it is my favorite helmet. It is fine here in Chicago.

I may look silly, I don't really care, you can be the judge

http://www.snowymountainphotography.com/Sports/Road-Racing/VillaPark-Crit/i-qSRF9J4/0/M/ChicagoCrit%2520161-M.jpg
http://www.snowymountainphotography.com/Sports/Road-Racing/VillaPark-Crit/i-CTgnXWz/0/M/ChicagoCrit%2520123-M.jpg

FastforaSlowGuy
08-13-2014, 09:22 AM
That's a good deal. May think about it myself. If only as a potentially warmer winter option.

malbecman
08-13-2014, 09:26 AM
I could not wear that in a house, I could not wear that with a mouse,i will not wear that in a box, i will not wear that with a fox, i will not wear that here or there, i will not wear that anywhere ... :banana:

all jesting aside, if it floats your boat then wear it. Cheers.

Burnette
08-13-2014, 09:26 AM
Wholy crap, $129? That puts it into more normal price territory, I was looking at some pretty expensive helmets. You could buy the Air Attack and still have money left over to buy a decent Space Ship helmet if you wanted to.
Thanks for sharing. I think. You may have just costed me $129.
Man, I'm going to have to stop surfing the net, you guys are costing me money. They don't have a black/red in small though. I could live with a black/gray.
I think I read somewhere that Giro was coming out with another version of the Air Attack in the fall, may be why these are on sale.

Bostic
08-13-2014, 09:27 AM
I bought one in November of last year, medium size black, no visor. I like it a lot. I've worn it in 105 degree heat in Sacramento along the ARBT and also during 100 degree weather climbing up Ebbets and Monitor passes in June. I've been asked several times if it's hot compared to typical helmets with a lot of vents. I don't know. It is nowhere near as hot as when I had long hair almost to my waist and had it tied back in several hair ties.

Cornfed
08-13-2014, 09:27 AM

To quote the '70s: "If it feels good, do it".

$12 cheaper at WBW, if that makes a difference: http://www.westernbikeworks.com/product/giro-2014-air-attack-shield-helmet

Lewis Moon
08-13-2014, 09:46 AM
I bought one in November of last year, medium size black, no visor. I like it a lot. I've worn it in 105 degree heat in Sacramento along the ARBT and also during 100 degree weather climbing up Ebbets and Monitor passes in June. I've been asked several times if it's hot compared to typical helmets with a lot of vents. I don't know. It is nowhere near as hot as when I had long hair almost to my waist and had it tied back in several hair ties.

Hair matters. Really. That's why I've rocked a brush cut for the last 10 years...that, and I'm too cheap for SuperCuts.

Lewis Moon
08-13-2014, 09:47 AM
I've asked elsewhere but I’ll ask here too: How does the AT fit in comparison to the other Giros? I know it has a bit different fit system.
A few years back Giro completely changed up their head shape and pissed a lot of folks off. I went from a perfect fit to having to source older models to kludge a fit. I have a head that’s egg shaped with a prominent forehead (to house my great, huge frontal lobes). The new Giros seem to be rounder with a lot less room for pointy head intellectuals.

Burnette
08-13-2014, 10:31 AM
Just orderd it, will be here next Wednesday.
Turning computer off, going to ride for an hour.

blessthismess
08-13-2014, 10:41 AM
I would Not wear one, the integrated glasses/lens is too over the top, but to each his own.

EDS
08-13-2014, 10:55 AM
I can't see any reason to get an aero helmet if you are not racing. That said I do have a number of friends that purchased the air attack but they are all uber fast Cat 2s and 3s who often feature in moves off the front in local races. I think they look o.k. if you have a big noggin.

chiasticon
08-13-2014, 11:39 AM
i don't think they look too terrible. i mean, all helmets are hideous really; and this is much less goofy than a lot of semi-aero helmets. the specialized evade, for example, looks way worse to me.

my problem personally would be that i have a huge head and i try to find helmets that make it appear a little less so, not more so. i initially thought it would be worth looking into for a winter option but i have a friend that rides with it all summer in hot/humid weather and says he doesn't really notice a difference versus normal helmets. so maybe something like the lazer helium with the plastic snap-on lid?

also, i agree with what others have said: visor ONLY suitable for track/TT's.

malcolm
08-13-2014, 11:46 AM
I've had one for a while now, it is my favorite helmet. It is fine here in Chicago.

http://www.snowymountainphotography.com/Sports/Road-Racing/VillaPark-Crit/i-qSRF9J4/0/M/ChicagoCrit%2520161-M.jpg
http://www.snowymountainphotography.com/Sports/Road-Racing/VillaPark-Crit/i-CTgnXWz/0/M/ChicagoCrit%2520123-M.jpg

I personally wouldn't wear that thing on a bet, too old, too fat, too slow. I think it looks good on you especially the side shot.

mgm777
08-13-2014, 01:35 PM
El Jefe - Excel has some helmets on closeout right now. Bell Sweep - $59 and Giro Atmos - $128. If the Storm Trooper look isn't doing it for you, you may just want to check out some of the more traditional offerings online.

Vinci
08-13-2014, 01:45 PM
If Giros fit my head, I'd buy that in a heartbeat at $130.

I like the integrated shield, personally, and think it looks cool overall.

Then again, I do occasionally commute in a skinsuit, so my opinion probably isn't valid.

dieonthishill
08-13-2014, 02:17 PM
Looks like a penis.

I laugh every time I see one.

Joachim
08-13-2014, 02:20 PM
It pains me to post this.

That ^^^ should've been your first hint......

This the second...

FlashUNC
08-13-2014, 02:28 PM
I wouldn't.

But considering this is the helmet I'm currently wearing (and love), I'm not going to throw stones out of my glass house...

http://fairwheelbikes.com/c/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/mixino-front-a-550x544.jpg

MadRocketSci
08-13-2014, 02:28 PM
w-the-f it's just a god dam*ed helmet....get over yourself.

(not one who has called FRF an a**hole on PM)

rugbysecondrow
08-13-2014, 02:29 PM
Looks like a winter helmet to me. I like it enough to consider wearing it...enough to pay for it. It would have to be on sale or a smoking hot sales clerk.

Lewis Moon
08-13-2014, 02:40 PM
Looks like a winter helmet to me. I like it enough to consider wearing it...enough to pay for it. It would have to be on sale or a smoking hot sales clerk.

I'd settle for just being able to try it on.

biker72
08-13-2014, 02:50 PM
My only concern is the lack of vents.
I'm not sure I'd like the shield but should be great in colder weather.

Bottom line is that it's your head, helmet and money. Go for it.

firerescuefin
08-13-2014, 02:55 PM
w-the-f it's just a god dam*ed helmet....get over yourself.

Those are fighting words. ;)

Of course....you're right.

firerescuefin
08-13-2014, 02:56 PM
..... or a smoking hot sales clerk.

...another good point.

Lewis Moon
08-13-2014, 03:25 PM
So, here’s my bottom line. I race. It may just be for my own fun but I do it none-the-less. If I’m, racing I want to go fast. I need to wear a helmet.
When I’m on the rivet, head down and slicked up, doing a rather feeble imitation of Jens Voigt, I want to have all the I’s dotted and the T’s crossed.
I’m going to get a slick road helmet…and probably some deep wheels (there goes my daughter’s college fund). It may not be the Giro, and it certainly won’t be the “ode to Shark Week” by Specialized, but it will be slick.
I’d be a bit wary of those that say the Giro is exceedingly hot. They may just be doing it all wrong. The AT is not a helmet that performs well at slow speeds. It needs to be moving at a good clip to vent well. This rules out long, steep climbs and wearing it on summer ice cream rides.

gdw
08-13-2014, 03:49 PM
Is high sticking common in road cycling?

MadRocketSci
08-13-2014, 03:55 PM
Those are fighting words. ;)

Of course....you're right.

tough love ;)

Waldo
08-13-2014, 04:14 PM

The helmet looks fine. Tuxedo kit on the other hand, yeeesh.

Louis
08-13-2014, 05:27 PM
You need these lenses for the shield:

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXmBhReHFOVj6_nfTOj0LjSwigT-7UOM2v_jNOiZP59BqxUCY7

Or maybe these:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-qnKy5aanwG0/Tvmf4IYdAWI/AAAAAAAAX3c/FRsQmrOmRA8/s640/CoolHandLuke_148Pyxurz.jpg

velotrack
08-13-2014, 06:53 PM
The helmet looks fine. Tuxedo kit on the other hand, yeeesh.

Yeah no kidding. You rock the helmet, petition your team for a new design on the kit. ;)

rccardr
08-13-2014, 07:00 PM
Rode with a guy at the recent Centenario Bartali vintage ride up in southern Wisconsin who wore one of those. He had both the clear and smoke shields. Looked extremely cool, not weird at all (although I personally think the white versions may be a little too 'Speed Racer'-ish).

According to him, the suspended head harness system kept his head pretty cool (and it was HOT) We did three back to back metrics that weekend and he wore it the whole time.

PS: He was also rockin' a red DeRosa.

texbike
08-13-2014, 08:01 PM
Ha! Go for it! It looks like something from a Daft Punk video - www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgMjVxk1iYU&list=RDHCEDMX_jSSoxg&index=21 .

OR maybe this!

Texbike

Louis
08-13-2014, 08:02 PM
OR maybe this!

Out of water and thirsty? Take a bite out of your helmet!

All I can say, is Wow! Some people have too much time on their hands:

https://www.google.com/search?q=watermelon+helmet&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=0wrsU6jYFsG1iwK58oCIBw&sqi=2&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg&biw=939&bih=635

texbike
08-13-2014, 08:08 PM
Out of water and thirsty? Take a bite out of your helmet!

All I can say, is Wow! Some people have too much time on their hands:

https://www.google.com/search?q=watermelon+helmet&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=0wrsU6jYFsG1iwK58oCIBw&sqi=2&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg&biw=939&bih=635

It's the 1st line of helmets that tastes great with a little bit of salt on them or soaked in vodka. ;)

ultraman6970
08-13-2014, 09:55 PM
That giro helmet looks a lot like a brancale one that came back 20 years ago, recycling ideas and stuff apparently :P

Elefantino
08-14-2014, 01:02 AM
I would not, could not on a bike.
I would not, could not on a trike.

I would not, could not on my head.
I would not, could not as a Fred.

I would not, could not on a team.
I would not, could not or I'd scream.

I will not wear that awful lid.
I'd really rather William did.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l84/gmmtwo/green-eggs-ham_zps1855081f.jpg

cinema
08-14-2014, 01:11 AM
Get the giro reverb and go full fredtard. Seriously I love it

aramis
08-14-2014, 01:26 AM
I ordered one and it came today. Was going to use it on the track (didn't use it tonight though).

On the road I'm mixed of if I'd use it.. maybe just time trials.

It looks really bad, but I really really really hate the way sunglasses feel that I rarely wear them (I know it's a bad habit).

xeladragon
08-14-2014, 08:09 AM
If I needed a helmet, and it fit well, I'd rock it. It's just a helmet. We already look super cool in our spandex anyway... :banana:

Vinci
08-14-2014, 08:26 AM
Do these fit any differently than an Atmos?

I have an Atmos that I stopped wearing because it was tight front-to-back and loose on the sides. I am reading that those are more geared for a round head, and it seems mine is more oval. UVEX FP3's seem to fit fine, though.

Lewis Moon
08-14-2014, 08:37 AM
Do these fit any differently than an Atmos?

I have an Atmos that I stopped wearing because it was tight front-to-back and loose on the sides. I am reading that those are more geared for a round head, and it seems mine is more oval. UVEX FP3's seem to fit fine, though.

My question too, but no one seems to know.

lookout2015
08-14-2014, 08:51 AM
If you're going to wear basically a full helmet, at least get some additional functionality out of it:

http://linuxgizmos.com/android-based-motorcycle-helmet-gains-funding/

heads up display, rear view camera, blue tooth. $1400

Vinci
01-08-2016, 01:26 PM
My question too, but no one seems to know.
Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but I am hoping that by now someone might be able to comment on the shape of these helmets versus other Giros or other helmets in general.

I keep reading conflicting reports about them being a better fit on round heads or oval heads and it has to be one or the other...

ltwtsculler91
01-08-2016, 02:18 PM
Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but I am hoping that by now someone might be able to comment on the shape of these helmets versus other Giros or other helmets in general.

I keep reading conflicting reports about them being a better fit on round heads or oval heads and it has to be one or the other...

I picked one up with a shield back in october, I find it very comfortable and the ability to easily flip the shield up and down with one hand to be great. Sizing seems to run about the same as any other Giro helmet (I'm medium in everything) but may be a little more sensitive to sizing up if you have a biggish or tall head since the ventilation depends on the top padding and sides not being completely snug onto your head

Like anything else, if you can try one on before purchase that would be the best way to find out.

eBAUMANN
01-08-2016, 02:55 PM
i was actually recently thinking about getting one just for winter commuting/riding...

giverdada
01-08-2016, 07:32 PM
it actually vents really well.

my lady got me one a few years ago, shield version and in black, and it's been wicked. i only use the shield for TT in duathlon or whatever, and once on a super long solo ride in screaming heat. loved it the whole time. very straightforward interface with the helmet, and zeiss optics that my inner hasselblad-coveting photogeek really likes. the visor is also vented, though i've filled one with sweat rivulets on more than one TT occasion.

the helmet is heavy. i'm used to this, and used to have a relatively thick neck for someone who rides road or runs, so it didn't bother me too much. i have a big head on top of my short lycra-covered body, so sometimes i worry about getting neck fatigue with that and a helmet. never been a true problem. necks get tired, and this helmet doesn't make it worse. and it's heavy because it's not obviously vented all over its shell, like a bunch of other superlight helmets, and this makes it super aero.

aero claims i have no data for except this: it is always aero, in any position i can put my head in, on a bike, and it always slips through wind. i only know this because i also have a catlike mixino, riddled with vents. when going forward and looking forward, that thing drags air over my head like you wouldn't believe. when looking to the side or over my shoulder, the vents are all venting wrong, and the helmet literally PULLS my head toward the rear of the bike. super sketchy feeling at 80km/h while checking a blind spot before diving into a corner. ···. the giro just slips through any and all air, in every direction.

oh, and i'm bald. the venting claims on it are pretty true. i got an ice cream headache the first time i wore it on a cold ride with a wool cap. i use it to commute now with a windstopper hat underneath. so it's great for winter commuting because of minimal outside vents, but it still vents so wear something windproof underneath!

bcroslin
01-08-2016, 08:38 PM
looks like a roller derby helmet....

jasonification
01-08-2016, 09:01 PM
As a guy with Rx glasses, the air attack shield is my go to helmet. It fits over a variety of spectacle styles. This saves me a lot of money, considering if I was using RX sunglasses it would cost a bomb everything my prescription changes.

Also, I think the white one makes me look like a stormtrooper :-D

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

Bstone
01-08-2016, 09:17 PM
Living in central Florida, it quickly became my winter helmet after I used it in July.

Its still just barely cool enough (70) to wear it here.

But. The glasses are super sweet.

And I love looking like I have a blue pumpkin on my head.

velofinds
01-08-2016, 09:25 PM
Have this helmet (with the shield) and like it a lot. As others have commented, picked it up with winter commuting in mind. However, I can't use a Belgian-style cycling cap with the helmet because the shield is obviously in the way :( So it looks like under-the-helmet beanies or "skull caps" for me when the shield is used (which is only in freezing temps).

RFC
01-08-2016, 09:29 PM
Not that different from a BMX or skating helmet. I sometimes wear one for winter riding. Better protection. The stylish hammer heads can just pound sand.

bikemoore
01-09-2016, 12:53 AM
I recently bought the high-visibility yellow model on sale. I was very curious, the price was right via Amazon, and I wanted to try something new for late fall / winter / early spring riding. I wanted the high-visibility yellow for the flat, gray conditions of the season. I also hate how head covers and ear covers change how the fit of glasses feel on my face, so I wanted to try the shield in lieu of glasses. My feedback:

1) Get over the Fred / image / would-you-could-you on a bike. That fear is ridiculous. The helmet looks no more silly than every other wild piece of specialty wear that cyclists don.

2) The helmet itself is great. Very well made, very comfortable. My only pet peeve on the helmet is why Giro insists on making the fit adjustment wheel so small and so far underneath the rear rim of the helmet that it is hard to reach. I much prefer Bell helmets for how easy the fit adjustment wheel is to reach and loosen / tighten. Its not that I ever adjust it during a ride, it is just unnecessarily difficult to adjust when donning and removing the helmet. Very small pet peeve, but nonetheless.

3) The shield in lieu of glasses is so-so. I really like the comfort of not wearing glasses under or over whatever I have covering my ears. However, the shield allows a lot of air flow into my eyes when the speed gets beyond 16-18 mph or so. Lot of eye watering. I get somewhat used to it, but that is not ideal. Really makes the helmet good for seasonal MTB riding with the lower speeds. The shield is very well made and easy to put on and off.

4) If using the shield with the helmet compounds #1 above and you still haven't gotten over #1 above, this is not the helmet for you. Which is too bad, because it is a very nice helmet. I guess you'll just have to stick with how silly your jersey, jacket, shorts, socks, shoes, gloves and other helmet looks to the larger public.

Jgrooms
01-09-2016, 05:51 AM
i was actually recently thinking about getting one just for winter commuting/riding...

It is a great winter helmet. Comfortable w just my one heavy cap. Tape up front vents, sub 30 all day.

Above upper 60s, I go w another helmet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brockd15
01-09-2016, 10:38 AM
3) The shield in lieu of glasses is so-so. I really like the comfort of not wearing glasses under or over whatever I have covering my ears. However, the shield allows a lot of air flow into my eyes when the speed gets beyond 16-18 mph or so. Lot of eye watering. I get somewhat used to it, but that is not ideal. Really makes the helmet good for seasonal MTB riding with the lower speeds. The shield is very well made and easy to put on and off.

Can you just leave the shield off and wear glasses like you would with any other helmet?

sandyrs
01-09-2016, 11:27 AM
Can you just leave the shield off and wear glasses like you would with any other helmet?

Yes, I do this.

bobswire
01-09-2016, 11:33 AM
I just purchased an Air Attack, should be here on monday. Anyway got it for $80 delivered,worth a try at that price. Should be able to get my money back at that price if I don't like it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MX378FC?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

bikemoore
01-10-2016, 11:17 AM
I could. The helmet would work perfectly well with shield over glasses. For me, however, I wanted to not have to wear glasses that don't fit comfortably when wearing something over my ears.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

weisan
01-10-2016, 11:57 AM
Fire pal, try it on the crocs and see how it looks...

https://blog.auntybinnaz.com/wp-content/uploads/crocodile.jpg

bikedude
01-14-2016, 02:11 PM
I have one and wore it a little while (2 months or so). Wasn't a huge fan of it. Seemed to just never get comfortable under it.

MesiJezi
01-14-2016, 03:49 PM
I have one, I like it. It's comfortable--a little warmer than some which is fine for PNW riding. I don't love the way it looks, but you can't really tell after it's on your head...:rolleyes:

benb
01-14-2016, 04:01 PM
So this thing doesn't block the wind from your eyes terribly well?

I would almost consider it just for the visor if the visor works at shielding your eyes from wind (especially in winter).

See the thing is I got real used to riding motorcycles where I swapped the visor between clear and smoke and let the helmet keep the wind out of my eyes and my glasses do the job of correcting my vision.

If this thing did a decent job of keeping the wind out it would kind of negate the need to have RX glasses that were shaped/built for cycling.

Right now I really have to be careful descending.. with the combination of wind + cold temps neither pair of my RX glasses can really get the job done. My eyes water enough I have to slow down. Choices of cycling optimized glasses tend to be weak for my prescription, although I have not tried the online vendors.

But using a visor is WAY easier than dealing with Rx glasses if the visor works.