PDA

View Full Version : Well, that was a first for me.....

William
08-11-2014, 10:41 AM
On the home stretch of my morning ride ( those of you who have been here know the one by the horse farm near our abode), long tree lined country road, I can see a motorcycle coming up the road toward me. Something about the way the rider is sitting catches my attention...very upright, kind of odd. As the rider gets closer I realize why....he's riding with his hands off the bars, sitting up, texting while he's cruising up the road. Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot!!!

That was a first for me. I see people in cars do it all the time, but never on a motorcycle. What the eft is wrong with people?:confused:

Anyway, other than that, beautiful morning for an early ride.

William

Hepmike
08-11-2014, 10:47 AM
I see hipsters on fixie's texting while riding (no hands on bars, on major roads) all the time. Usually also wearing headphones.

Darwinism waiting to happen.

EricEstlund
08-11-2014, 11:00 AM
It's a thing.

http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/lt/lt_cache/thumbnail/400/img/photos/2014/04/21/40/ec/u9ARejql.jpg

CaliFly
08-11-2014, 11:21 AM
It's a thing.

http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/lt/lt_cache/thumbnail/400/img/photos/2014/04/21/40/ec/u9ARejql.jpg

High Larry Us. :cool:

shovelhd
08-11-2014, 11:34 AM
The Chief Official of the race I worked yesterday said he caught a Master on his phone in the middle of a race this year. Nothing surprises me anymore.

MattTuck
08-11-2014, 12:03 PM
When I drove across the country, I overlapped with the Sturgis bike rally. I saw a bunch of guys on motorcycles, riding with no hands. I even saw a guy leaned back on the saddle, with his feet on his bars.

William
08-11-2014, 02:17 PM
When I drove across the country, I overlapped with the Sturgis bike rally. I saw a bunch of guys on motorcycles, riding with no hands. I even saw a guy leaned back on the saddle, with his feet on his bars.

I've seen people riding with no hands before, it was just the first time I've seen someone texting on a motorcycle.

William