PDA

View Full Version : Serotta MTB - Is Steel in the Future???

Tommasini53
03-02-2006, 05:52 PM
I am enjoying the Serotta road bike I purchased last year (steel Fierte). Fits great, rides great, what else could a person want. Well, is there any chance that Serotta will offer a steel mountain bike frame in the future??? The Ti-Max looks great, but beyond my pocket book for now. And besides, I really like steel. :banana: :banana:

steelrider
03-02-2006, 07:04 PM
I just took delivery of a 21" Serotta steel mountain bike that I purchased on Ebay. I bought it from the same fellow that Dave Thompson purchased the CSI frame from. Anyway, it's in the process of being put together. She sure looks sweet. I believe the frame and most components are from '98.

David Kirk
03-02-2006, 07:20 PM
It can't hurt to ask...........contact a dealer and see what they say.

Dave

Ginger
03-02-2006, 08:18 PM
Serotta has such great customer service...it's always interesting to see the things that come from Serotta that aren't in the catalog... :)

MikeS
03-02-2006, 08:43 PM
I am pretty sure there will not be one in the near future. While there is a huge difference in a custom mtn - I have a Serotta XC. It is not percieved that way. There is the biomechanical aspect but the boat that is missed is the way it handles. A custom handles way better. Step down from soap box. That being said, MTB is a very small part of serotta, close to less than 3% and therefore you will not see a steel unless people absolutely demand it. There are a couple of parts that are not stocked that would have to be ordered and that will not happen.