PDA

View Full Version : What do I do with these Zipps?

Spicoli
03-02-2006, 03:03 PM
Hey, I have an older set of 404's that the rims are trashed both front and rear. They have actually been rebuilt with new rims once before and now they are shot again. The rims are still straight but the tire bed (tubs) and brake track is just falling apart (cracks,crushes,splinters, popping tires/ugly scene). I dont want to rebuild again even with clydesdales and chucking the hubs seems like a waste even though they are the old school (carbon tube centers w/oil port on rear) scary light ones with the ceramic bushing as a cassette body. The hubs are in great shape but they are 18/24 hole and other than another deep hoop what the heck can you rebuild with that does not cost a fortune.

SO;
-sell the hubs
-rebuild with clydes
-throw in garbage
-rebuild some other way
-play 404 SUK-A-CHUCK ???

-trade for stuff from other forum member who has crud they dont need

Sad but dont even need them either, Spicoli :crap:

ergott
03-02-2006, 03:11 PM
Hey, I have an older set of 404's that the rims are trashed both front and rear. They have actually been rebuilt with new rims once before and now they are shot again. The rims are still straight but the tire bed (tubs) and brake track is just falling apart (cracks,crushes,splinters, popping tires/ugly scene). I dont want to rebuild again even with clydesdales and chucking the hubs seems like a waste even though they are the old school scary light ones with the ceramic bushing as a cassette body. The hubs are in great shape but they are 18/24 hole and other than another deep hoop what the heck can you rebuild with that does not cost a fortune.

SO;
-sell the hubs
-rebuild with clydes
-throw in garbage
-rebuild some other way
-play 404 SUK-A-CHUCK ???

Sad but dont even need them either, Spicoli :crap:

Clean 'em up and ebay them.
rebuilt with clydes and sell on ebay
give them to me instead of throwing them out
no other rim worth this project
play 404 give to me ;)

CalfeeFly
03-02-2006, 04:25 PM
18 and 27 are not that strange of a spoke count. Find some other rims and use them if they are in such good shape. I have King Hubs that keep moving from rim to rim as I wear them out, trash them out or just want a change. :bike:

If not please include me in your lottery to give them away. I"ve liked Erogott's posts I'd like a shot at them as well. :)

Too Tall
03-02-2006, 05:16 PM
Rebuild with Pave rims and glue on a set of Challenge Griffo 28s SWEET :)