PDA

View Full Version : Bike Rental (or Loaner?) in Santa Barbara

Lugger
08-07-2014, 03:51 PM
Anyone our there have a suggestion for renting a road bike for a week in Santa Barbara? I'll be staying in Montecito (8/16-23) and would love to get some rides in. I typically ride a Serotta Legend Ti or a Colnago Steel frame, both 54cm or 54.5cm TT. I saw one shop that advertised a Kona carbon for $75/day. But that's pretty steep!

I don't want to rent a tourist cruiser. I want to put some miles in.

Alternately, if anyone has a road bike that they're willing to lend, I'd be happy to buy them a paceline cap, a case of beer, make a contribution to the forum (whatever suits you). I'm not picky about looks, as long as it rides smooth and fits me.

Thanks to all! :)
jk

rinconryder
08-07-2014, 05:20 PM
call Fasttrak cycles or Hazards. They may have some suggestions for you as to where to rent a bike. 75 a day is pretty steep! I live around there but only have one road bike so I can't loan her out otherwise I would try and help you out.

Waldo
08-07-2014, 05:24 PM
Bicycle Bob's in Goleta (http://www.bicyclebobs-sb.com/) is a very impressive shop. Not sure if they rent but it's worth a visit even if they don't.

chismog
08-08-2014, 12:28 PM
http://www.sbbikestogo.com/road-bikes/

Steep for a day but the weekly rental is a better deal, and the bikes look nice. I think your $75 option was VeloPro- call them and see if they have a weekly rate that makes it more worthwhile.

The riding around here is excellent. You can do anything from a flat cruise to Alp d'huez (Gibraltar). I can basically guarantee the weather will be nice too. It's probably a bit too hot this time of year to do heavy riding in Santa Ynez, but it's another whole realm of riding back there and just a half hour away.

josephr
08-08-2014, 12:43 PM
no ideas on a bike rental place in Cali, but just a suggestion --- make a point to try something different from what you typically ride. My mtn bike is full-squish, however went to Tucson last winter and rented a hard-tail for a couple of days. Considering its been a long, long time since I'd ridden a HT, it was kind of fun riding new trails on a different bike.

Joe