PDA

View Full Version : Extracting Campag SR Jockey Wheel

Splash
08-07-2014, 08:16 AM
Tips and Tricks for extracting this jockey wheel for cleaning and oiling?

Do I apply grease or oil into the centre after i clean it?

I am thinking the SR Campag jockey wheel is ceramic and hence ask if it needs any lube at all?

Not wanting to apply additional lube if not needed because of the potential to pick up gunk on the grease, etc...

Splash

oldpotatoe
08-07-2014, 09:00 AM
Tips and Tricks for extracting this jockey wheel for cleaning and oiling?

Do I apply grease or oil into the centre after i clean it?

I am thinking the SR Campag jockey wheel is ceramic and hence ask if it needs any pub at all?

Not wanting to apply additional lube if not needed because of the potential to pick up gunk on the grease, etc...

Splash

3mm Allen, watch top and bottom orientation and inboard/outboard orientation. Marked upper and lower, wee arrows for direction. Don't lose small inserts, clean, grease under wee seals, reassemble. Easy.

Yes, clean grease. Ceramic balls but steel races. Also grease acts as a great seal as some weeps out, don't wipe off.

Splash
08-07-2014, 09:07 AM
Thanks OP.

Do i need to drop the chain off both front chain rings before I start this task?

is Bel ray water proof grease OK for this task?

Splash

oldpotatoe
08-07-2014, 09:24 AM
Thanks OP.

Do i need to drop the chain off both front chain rings before I start this task?

is Bel ray water proof grease OK for this task?

Splash

Easiest w/o the chain on but take the wheel out, that'll give you the slack ya need. Just memorize the chain path when you put the pulleys back in and make sure chain is all the way thru the cage, not outside the little tab between the pulleys.

Grease is ' Oil in soap', any grease is fine.

Splash
08-07-2014, 09:46 AM
thanks OP -

If i remove the rear wheel - will my EPS alignmnet setting memory disappear?

SPlash

oldpotatoe
08-07-2014, 10:51 AM
thanks OP -

If i remove the rear wheel - will my EPS alignmnet setting memory disappear?

SPlash

No...