PDA

View Full Version : OT Ronaldinho, Soccer Star Video - Real?

keno
03-02-2006, 05:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRHk8ol0vTw

Quite incredible if genuine. IDTS. A take-off on the Tiger Woods commercial of a few years back in which he bounces a golf ball off his wedge for several seconds and then launches it into the great beyond. That was real, I believe.

keno

loctite
03-02-2006, 06:04 AM
Wow stud

jeffg
03-02-2006, 06:16 AM
European footballer of the year (since he plays for Barca)?

That man has skills ...

Catulle
03-02-2006, 07:02 AM
European footballer of the year (since he plays for Barca)?

That man has skills ...

He´s won the best football player in the world award for two years in a row. Ronaldinho´s leadership results from an extraordinary blend of skill and attitude. He´s humble, always smiles, he´s passionate about his sport, keeps excellent relations with all his team mates, and his skills as a player are at the level of Pele and Maradona. And he´s still young.

Great clip, thank you.

keno
03-02-2006, 07:12 AM
there seem to be an enormous number of them on that site. Also shown is a Japanese player who is also quite amazing. Nike, under various names, including soccer and football (not US), has some interesting commercials as well as Ronaldinho as its star, for example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYhX1raClBE&search=nike%20football.

keno

Erik.Lazdins
03-02-2006, 08:32 AM
I would love to see the kids in my neighborhood try to do that or even ride their bikes. Too many kids inside these days.
Whether the video is fake or not it makes me want to go out and kick the ball around.

Catulle
03-02-2006, 08:44 AM
I would love to see the kids in my neighborhood try to do that or even ride their bikes. Too many kids inside these days.
Whether the video is fake or not it makes me want to go out and kick the ball around.

Word.

keno
03-02-2006, 09:44 AM
if you get them on their bikes, have them do this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PJChhvzkv0&search=bicycle%20tricks.

keno

lnomalley
03-02-2006, 10:11 AM
I hate to be the buzz kill here.. but.. there are some pretty nice special effects going on .. integrated into the dribbling. sorry.

this whole campiagn by nike uses effects.
(i've got 12 years as a tv commercial production designer and prop man under my belt before i switched careers).

Ozz
03-02-2006, 10:57 AM
I hate to be the buzz kill here.. but.. there are some pretty nice special effects going on .. intgrated into the dribbling. sorry.

this whole campiagn by nike uses effects.
(i've got 12 years as a tv commercial production designer and prop man under my belt before i switched careers).
I thought it all looked pretty reasonable, except for the shots off the crossbar...I do like the "dose of reality" where he misses a bit controlling one of the rebounds and needs to chase it down...

Juggling the ball, balancing it on forehead...pretty tame stuff really.

My nephews think it is pretty cool I can catch a ball on the back of my neck. I think it's pretty cool I can still do it and not get hurt... ;)

BTW - Soccer shoes are supposed to be BLACK!!!!

satty tune
03-02-2006, 11:14 AM
I have to agree with Ozz. The only thing that I would have to question about the clip is the three-in-a-row off the cross bar and back to him. The rest of the juggling, while absolutely impressive, is what a world-class super athlete can do if they have spent the vast majority of their life with a soccer ball. I played competitively for a while, my oldest brother was All-American in soccer. What talented people can do (not me, alas) is impressive. My brother still loves to flick a rainbow, catch it in front on one foot, fling that up and catch it in the crook between the back of his head and his shoulder blades. Bastard got the good genes from mom and dad.

keno
03-02-2006, 11:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m78AktVhK5E&feature=Discussed&page=2&t=t&f=b

keno

flydhest
03-02-2006, 11:44 AM
I have to agree with Ozz. The only thing that I would have to question about the clip is the three-in-a-row off the cross bar and back to him. The rest of the juggling, while absolutely impressive, is what a world-class super athlete can do if they have spent the vast majority of their life with a soccer ball. I played competitively for a while, my oldest brother was All-American in soccer. What talented people can do (not me, alas) is impressive. My brother still loves to flick a rainbow, catch it in front on one foot, fling that up and catch it in the crook between the back of his head and his shoulder blades. Bastard got the good genes from mom and dad.

oh yeah? well my big brother could beat up your big brother.

:butt:

keno
03-02-2006, 12:12 PM
Let's be civil about this.

keno

satty tune
03-02-2006, 12:15 PM
Let's be civil about this.

keno

I've no problems being civil. Little Mr. Made-up Name, however, seems to think his puerile sense of humor is shared.

72gmc
03-02-2006, 12:42 PM
I thought it all looked pretty reasonable, except for the shots off the crossbar...

BTW - Soccer shoes are supposed to be BLACK!!!!

I agree, the crossbar shots are suspect. The camera pulling way back before the "unlikely" event is a giveaway, just as it is in the obviously fake Lebron James full-court shot commercial. But this spot is better than that spot and I'd rather watch soccer than NBA any day.

Also agree on the shoe color. White shoes are for soccer pimps with more notoriety than skill (David Beckham). Michael Owen gets a bit of a break on that because he can do ridiculous things.

lnomalley
03-02-2006, 02:21 PM
guys.. the crossbar shots are a special effect. end of story. . i did this for a living a good part of my adult life. it's well done.. the low fi look sells it as well as the not going over the top.

but if i had a dollar for everytime i was on a ladder off camera dropping basketballs in the basket.... you have no idea. enjoy the spot.. it's great.. but yes there is a healthy special effects budget spent on this one.

the whole nike campaign is well done... i'm sure i can make a few calls and find out who did the digital effects.

satty tune
03-02-2006, 02:45 PM
Inomalley,
I don't think anyone was putting credibility into the crossbar part. Your original post made it seem as if you were dismissing the whole thing.

ClutchCargo
03-02-2006, 03:09 PM
guys.. the crossbar shots are a special effect. end of story. . i did this for a living a good part of my adult life. it's well done.. the low fi look sells it as well as the not going over the top.

but if i had a dollar for everytime i was on a ladder off camera dropping basketballs in the basket.... you have no idea. enjoy the spot.. it's great.. but yes there is a healthy special effects budget spent on this one.

the whole nike campaign is well done... i'm sure i can make a few calls and find out who did the digital effects.

What is your take on the chick folding the T-shirt?? Could you make a few calls and find out who did the effects for that one?

;)

satty tune
03-02-2006, 03:14 PM
What is your take on the chick folding the T-shirt?? Could you make a few calls and find out who did the effects for that one?

;)
ROTFLMAO

SoCalSteve
03-02-2006, 03:32 PM
I've worked on TV shows and Movies for the last ,gulp, 26 years and the kicks off the posts and back are definetily not real. A good give away would be the camera angle and zoom....as he continues to kick and rebound, the camera zooms out making it very hard to discern what is really going on...

A bit of (pretty poor) movie magic.

Steve

andy mac
03-02-2006, 04:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRHk8ol0vTw

Quite incredible if genuine. IDTS. A take-off on the Tiger Woods commercial of a few years back in which he bounces a golf ball off his wedge for several seconds and then launches it into the great beyond. That was real, I believe.

keno

i used to work on the nike advertising account and the tiger spot was all real. in fact it was kind of a nice accident. his was screwing around between takes and they filmed him. turned out better than the big ad they were shooting.

:beer:

shaq-d
03-02-2006, 07:27 PM
ronaldhino is the first big time soccer star/player fo the year i've seen in years who actually LOOKS like he's having fun out there and loves the game of soccer.

can't wait for world cup!

sd

jerk
03-02-2006, 08:51 PM
the jerk doesn't care if its real or not. that guy is no eric cantona. that was a real footballer.

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showpost.php?p=152699&postcount=7

jerk

Fixed
03-02-2006, 09:05 PM
bro could pele do that ? cheers :beer:

jerk
03-02-2006, 09:15 PM
kick some drunk fan in the face?

probably, the jerk figures that fat dudes head is at least as big as a soccer ball right? now whether pele would have had the power of eric cantona or would have gone on to bite the fans nose is up for debate....her certainly would have had slightly better form and probably would have led with his left foot. nonetheless, eric cantona defeated demons in his nike ad, what the heck did this ronaldofio guy ever do?

jerk :rolleyes:

ergott
03-03-2006, 05:30 AM
the jerk doesn't care if its real or not. that guy is no eric cantona. that was a real footballer.

jerk

Where's a cross wheel when you need it?? ;)

jeffg
03-03-2006, 06:25 AM

jerk

Cantona was the man at Old Trafford. Now that the posh-spice-marrying pretty boy is off at Real inhaling week-old embryo eggs along with the other "galacticos," maybe Rooney will give us a Cantona every once in a while.

jerk
03-03-2006, 08:03 AM
the unibrow will always defeat that faux-hawk in any battle of style.

andy mac
03-03-2006, 01:19 PM
The Cant is still on the Nike payrole. here's the latest but not the greatest.

:beer:

http://nikefootball.nike.com/nikefootball/siteshell/index.jsp

csm
03-03-2006, 05:30 PM
still cool.