PDA

View Full Version : (DC Metro area) Carl Dolan Race volunteers needed

Too Tall
03-15-2004, 08:26 AM
The forum includes many folks from the DC Metro area and surrounds and I thought you might be interested in road guarding for my teams signature event. Briefly: Carl Dolan was a dear and much loved teammate who collapsed and subsequently succumed to heat prostration at a race in recent past. In loving memory and support of his kids and wife our team donates proceeds for this worthy cause. This race usually draws the largest number of participants and most starts of any area race. The team needs volunteers to guard critical positions along the course and safeguard racers from cars. It is a thankless job with little reward other than a couple sandwiches and a cold drink maybe knowing you did a good thing :) It is ALOT of fun to watch the packs go by and see up close and personal some great racing. If interested pls. contact : bicibill@yahoo.com and reference Josh (that's me TooTall). You can get details on the race at www.dcvelo.com

Thanks for your kind attention. We now resume the regular portion of your pogrom.