PDA

View Full Version : No. 22 Bicycles

earlfoss
08-05-2014, 02:21 PM
I am in the market for a Ti bike and happened across a company called No. 22 Bicycles. I have read that a bunch of the Serotta dudes work for them.

Their Great Divide model looks pretty nice but I must admit I'm not a pro at deciphering geometry charts. The geo for this bike does seem a little weird to me though. I posted here because I am curious as to what others might think. The bike's price point is just below an Eriksen and countless other better known builders out there so yes I know there are a ton of options once you reach the $3000+ area.
http://22bicycles.com/products/2014-great-divide-ultegra

Northmeadow
08-05-2014, 02:46 PM
I would encourage you to contact them. I received my custom ti bike from NO 22 about a month ago. I'm very happy with the bike and the company; although it's a relatively new outfit there are veterans of the art at work there.

earlfoss
08-05-2014, 11:32 PM
I'm curious to know why you went the custom route with them. Do you have pics of your ride? I emailed them regarding a possible custom order vs their stock geo and they got back to be very quickly. Am planning to follow up with them tomorrow and possibly work out a custom order.

cmg
08-05-2014, 11:53 PM
post a photo......:)

eippo1
08-06-2014, 07:03 AM
Wow, they have great pricing for their frames and complete bikes.

oldpotatoe
08-06-2014, 07:21 AM
Wow, they have great pricing for their frames and complete bikes.

No US dealers, consumer direct..nice to see they aren't trying to make big $-$4800 for a 6800 bike, complete, is a good deal. Maybe as they get bigger and can afford a 'to dealer first', margin, they will have some dealers.

happycampyer
08-06-2014, 07:38 AM
Not sure what you find odd about the geometry—just looking at the 56, which is basically my size, the geometry looks to be very typical road race geometry. Pretty similar, say, to the Look 585/595, which are pretty neutral as far as geo goes. 73*/73* head tube and seat tube angles, 7.5cm of bb drop. 41.5cm chainstays are short enough to be "snappy," but long enough (most likely) to fit a 27-28mm tire, which is nice. The 16cm headtube for an inset headset probably equates to ~14.5cm in a traditional, non-integrated headtube for a standard headset.

The thing that I would balk at is the press-fit bottom bracket. I'm on my second and last ti frame with a PF BB30 bottom bracket—no más for me. What would be interesting to me if they'd be willing to make it is a geared version of the Little Wing track bike. The folks who are doing the fabrication now are among the best of the best.

earlfoss
08-06-2014, 07:59 AM
I admit I am not the greatest at interpreting geometry charts but I had noticed that it is different than my Madone 5.9 with the lower bottom bracket drop and angles. Definitely not weird after some thought but different from what I am riding now.

phcollard
08-06-2014, 08:06 AM
I was on the edge of buying a 54 Great Divide frameset. Geometry was perfect for me and pretty standard too. 412mm chain stays are nice for tire clearance and rough roads. 75mm BB drop is cool for added stability (my take).

The 44mm headtube looks nice with oversized tubing and it's just oh-so-trendy. Same as happy above what I did not like was the press fit bottom bracket. I don't need this, I don't believe the hype and it looks to me just like extra trouble for nothing (my take too).

FastforaSlowGuy
08-06-2014, 08:38 AM
That's a nice looking bike, and I like the geo for my size (52). The lower BB reminds me of Serotta's design approach, which always seemed a touch lower than others. If they'd offer the option of a threaded BB, I would be sorely tempted to give that a try for my next bike. I've been down the road of press-in bearings, complete with endless creaking, and I just don't get the appeal.

David Kirk
08-06-2014, 08:51 AM
Do I remember correctly that they were going to set up production in NY and employ some of the Serotta guys? Did this ever happen? I don't recall every hearing anything.

dave

bobswire
08-06-2014, 09:00 AM
Do I remember correctly that they were going to set up production in NY and employ some of the Serotta guys? Did this ever happen? I don't recall every hearing anything.

dave

Looks like they set up production in NY. http://22bicycles.com/blogs/news/14711313-whats-happening-at-no-22
Like the old brick building, we still have a few left here in San Francisco operating Muni transport facilities.

gdw
08-06-2014, 09:03 AM
The bikes look good and I hope they do well but the name of the company is a poor choice. It's too close to Twenty 2 Cycles of Colorado and might confuse some potential customers.
http://twenty2cycles.com/

Ahneida Ride
08-06-2014, 09:08 AM

dave

I believe they are out by Johnstown, NY about 1 hour west of Saratoga
on Rt. 29.

http://22bicycles.com/blogs/news/14711313-whats-happening-at-no-22

"Our new production home in Johnstown, NY.

As we announced in the spring, we have opened a new manufacturing facility in upstate New York. Occupying space in a former textile mill, we have taken advantage of this fresh start in titanium framebuilding and have assembled the perfect mix of new and old equipment. Mitering takes place on a row of dedicated US-made Bridgeport vertical mills, each cutting as precisely as they have for the last 50 years. At the other end of the spectrum, our HAAS CNC lathe butts tubing with perfect precision, allowing us to remove exactly the right amount of material from our tubing to make sure every frame rides exactly as intended."

David Kirk
08-06-2014, 09:17 AM
very cool - plenty of space available in Johnstown I'd guess and great place to live and ride.

dave

Northmeadow
08-06-2014, 10:05 AM
"I'm curious to know why you went the custom route with them. Do you have pics of your ride?"

I got mixed up in the Saratoga Frameworks mess, in late February 2014; basically Saratoga Frameworks was commissioned to make a custom steel frame for me and they went out of business suddenly:( The guys at Saratoga Frameworks got fired, then hired at No.22. The management at No.22 took me under their wing so-to-speak and produced a Ti frame/bike for me using the geometry they had rescued from the Saratoga Frameworks computer:) They turned a very frustrating experience into a happy ending for me. The build is top notch, the geometry is perfect for me. The "ride" is "different", as I had never ridden anything but Steel. For certain it is lighter and stiffer than steel. I've got about 600-700 miles on it now and love it.

I'll post pics soon, haven't taken any yet.

Yes their factory is in Johnstown N.Y.
I got a tour of the facility at pickup.
They have some real old Bridgeport machinery, all made in the USA:)
Excellent people to work with. Highly recommended.

firerescuefin
08-06-2014, 10:54 AM
Boy....talk about somebody coming to save the day/ creating real customer service. That's a great story!!

"I'm curious to know why you went the custom route with them. Do you have pics of your ride?"

I got mixed up in the Saratoga Frameworks mess, in late February 2014; basically Saratoga Frameworks was commissioned to make a custom steel frame for me and they went out of business suddenly:( The guys at Saratoga Frameworks got fired, then hired at No.22. The management at No.22 took me under their wing so-to-speak and produced a Ti frame/bike for me using the geometry they had rescued from the Saratoga Frameworks computer:) They turned a very frustrating experience into a happy ending for me. The build is top notch, the geometry is perfect for me. The "ride" is "different", as I had never ridden anything but Steel. For certain it is lighter and stiffer than steel. I've got about 600-700 miles on it now and love it.

I'll post pics soon, haven't taken any yet.

Yes their factory is in Johnstown N.Y.
I got a tour of the facility at pickup.
They have some real old Bridgeport machinery, all made in the USA:)
Excellent people to work with. Highly recommended.

22Mike
08-06-2014, 11:45 AM
Hi all,

Mike from No. 22 Bicycles here. Came across this thread this morning—I'm a frequent Paceline reader, but I don't usually have too much to say.

Just wanted to say "hello", and thanks for all of the kind words about our bikes and our team.

Also, a few people have commented on our use of PF30 bottom bracket shells as standard on our Great Divide model. I don't want to open a debate on the merits of press-fit versus threaded bottom brackets here (there's no shortage of strong opinions on both sides), but we are more than happy to build a Great Divide with a BSA threaded bottom bracket on request. We're adding the threaded option back largely due to the opinion on this (and other) forums—we'd hate for people to miss out on an otherwise outstanding bike over something as small as a bottom bracket standard.

Thanks again for the positive response, and for the constructive feedback.

FastforaSlowGuy
08-06-2014, 12:18 PM
Hi all,

Mike from No. 22 Bicycles here. Came across this thread this morning—I'm a frequent Paceline reader, but I don't usually have too much to say.

Just wanted to say "hello", and thanks for all of the kind words about our bikes and our team.

Also, a few people have commented on our use of PF30 bottom bracket shells as standard on our Great Divide model. I don't want to open a debate on the merits of press-fit versus threaded bottom brackets here (there's no shortage of strong opinions on both sides), but we are more than happy to build a Great Divide with a BSA threaded bottom bracket on request. We're adding the threaded option back largely due to the opinion on this (and other) forums—we'd hate for people to miss out on an otherwise outstanding bike over something as small as a bottom bracket standard.

Welcome, Mike, and thanks for chiming in. Great of you guys to offer up this option rather than stake out a hard-and-fast position in the overwrought debate around BB standards. I'm working up the nerve to pitch to my wife me getting a Ti travel bike in 2015, and from what I'm seeing you've got a pretty stellar product. Good luck with everything.

Tom
08-06-2014, 12:31 PM
Don't know if it was related, but I was standing at a Stewart's on 29 out near where 30 comes south last summer about 100 miles into a warm day. I was on the CSi that day and some lady interrupted my zone out to say "Hey, that guy is saying hello". I returned to the local plane of consciousness and a young fellow points at the CSi and says "That's a really good bike", hopped in a car and drove off. It struck me as odd that someone would hone in on the bike like that in a spot where you generally don't get respect without a big internal combustion engine.

cdn_bacon
08-06-2014, 01:50 PM
Had the pleasure of meeting Mike and his Wife at the Ride for Heart.

Great great person to deal with, extremely friendly and knowledgeable.

We shared some conversation for a KM or two and parted ways.. His pricing was ridiculously low when he was trying to break into the market here.

Wish I had the funds for it.

But I would back that purchase 100%

EDS
08-06-2014, 05:03 PM
William - builder's spotlight (cough, cough). :)

William
08-06-2014, 05:18 PM
William - builder's spotlight (cough, cough). :)

;):)

phcollard
08-06-2014, 05:44 PM
... but we are more than happy to build a Great Divide with a BSA threaded bottom bracket on request.

For real?

Damn.

I have to revise my priorities now!

I forgot to say that I got in touch several times with Bryce - the other half of No. 22 - and he has been very nice to chat with. Fast replies. He knows bikes. He is cool.

VTCaraco
08-06-2014, 07:35 PM
My Dad grew up in Johnstown and I used to ride with the crew out of the local shop the (The Bike Works). I'm not surprised at all that a "local" might yell out praise for a Serotta. There were a good number of them in that area when I was there (late 80s, early 90s) with the factory only 30 miles or so away.

I'm curious of the specific location. From the picture on their website, it looks like a place where my Grandma used to work way back when...

So many great options...but the proximity to "home" makes me interested :banana:

beeatnik
08-06-2014, 08:17 PM

We're adding the threaded option back largely due to the opinion on this (and other) forums—we'd hate for people to miss out on an otherwise outstanding bike over something as small as a bottom bracket standard.

Awesome that the option is available. It's not a small thing for people who have had to replace BB30/PF30 bearings every 2000 miles or have to deal with their bike creaking every time they exhale.

Other than that, best of luck on your venture. The bikes look dope.

bobswire
08-06-2014, 08:26 PM
For real?

Damn.

I forgot to say that I got in touch several times with Bryce - the other half of No. 22 - and he has been very nice to chat with. Fast replies. He knows bikes. He is cool.

Yep , food for thought. Frame set with Enve fork, Chris King headset and Thomson seat post clamp $2899.00

firerescuefin
08-06-2014, 08:40 PM
Awesome that the option is available. It's not a small thing for people who have had to replace BB30/PF30 bearings every 2000 miles or have to deal with their bike creaking every time they exhale.

Other than that, best of luck on your venture. The bikes look dope.

Not defending the standard, but I've got 4k on my ck pf30 bb and have had no idea it's even there.

I've heard similar stories about the praxis ones.

beeatnik
08-06-2014, 08:58 PM
Not defending the standard, but I've got 4k on my ck pf30 bb and have had no idea it's even there.

I've had 3 BB30/PF30 bikes. One creaked, one needed a new DS bearing after 1500 miles, the other was fine cept it would hardly free spin one revolution. That said, it's almost worth putting up w/ those issues to run Hollowgrams.

bobswire
08-06-2014, 09:30 PM

For me it's about running my favorite Sugino cranks.

josephr
08-06-2014, 10:12 PM
Hi all,

sweet Pacenti wheelset on the web-model bike, but then list Reynolds wheels in the spec sheet. Just wondering if that's switchable too?
Joe

roguedog
08-07-2014, 12:00 AM
Northmeadow/mike, how did custom cost? This is very tempting..

Would like more info on process...William, eta on guest builder series? 😀

Northmeadow
08-07-2014, 06:37 AM
Here's a few pics..

They are on West Montgomery St., just west of Meadow St.
Thanks again Mike and Scott and company.

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb94/brarmstr/IMG_7596_zps188c9dad.jpg (http://s205.photobucket.com/user/brarmstr/media/IMG_7596_zps188c9dad.jpg.html)
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb94/brarmstr/IMG_7594_zpse3b72b7b.jpg (http://s205.photobucket.com/user/brarmstr/media/IMG_7594_zpse3b72b7b.jpg.html)
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb94/brarmstr/IMG_7592_zps8cc69ee5.jpg (http://s205.photobucket.com/user/brarmstr/media/IMG_7592_zps8cc69ee5.jpg.html)
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb94/brarmstr/IMG_7590_zpsc140e6db.jpg (http://s205.photobucket.com/user/brarmstr/media/IMG_7590_zpsc140e6db.jpg.html)
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb94/brarmstr/IMG_7587_zps4cfff887.jpg (http://s205.photobucket.com/user/brarmstr/media/IMG_7587_zps4cfff887.jpg.html)
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb94/brarmstr/aef05a46-4c6b-4f75-8ec4-ebb6bb907600_zps9367228d.jpg (http://s205.photobucket.com/user/brarmstr/media/aef05a46-4c6b-4f75-8ec4-ebb6bb907600_zps9367228d.jpg.html)

ColnagoFan
08-07-2014, 06:51 AM

Hear to say that the Praxis has been amazing for me. It also helped with an alloy frame that had the BB slightly out of tolerance, so a BB30 bearing wouldn't stay seated. But I was able to mount up the Praxis and haven't had a single issue.

Also, super-massive rad points for the Bob Dobalina signature. Now that'll be stuck in my head all day...

22Mike
08-07-2014, 08:16 AM
Thanks again for the feedback and questions, all. I'll do my best to keep an eye on this thread, but please feel free to email me at mike@22bicycles with any more specific questions. Also happy to do a Builder Spotlight rather than highjack earlfoss' original thread!

sweet Pacenti wheelset on the web-model bike, but then list Reynolds wheels in the spec sheet. Just wondering if that's switchable too?
Joe

Thanks—the Pacenti wheelset is something that we've been building in-house since 2013. Earlier this year we were fairly tied up with setting up our new Johnstown facility, and we decided to switch to the Reynolds wheels in order to free up more time to set up and build frames. We're through that transition now, though, so we're switching back to the Pacenti SL23 wheels as our more permanent solution. We should have wheels ready to ship with full builds by early September.

Don't tell Bryce—it'll go straight to his head.

I'm curious of the specific location. From the picture on their website, it looks like a place where my Grandma used to work way back when...

So many great options...but the proximity to "home" makes me interested :banana:

Northmeadow was kind enough to answer this one, but just to confirm we're in a unit in the old mill building at 309 W. Montgomery. It's a beautiful spot with great access to riding at our doorstep.

Hear to say that the Praxis has been amazing for me. It also helped with an alloy frame that had the BB slightly out of tolerance, so a BB30 bearing wouldn't stay seated. But I was able to mount up the Praxis and haven't had a single issue.

I really don't want to set off the powderkeg of threaded vs. press fit bottom brackets, but I will say that we use Praxis and Chris King PF30 bottom brackets almost exclusively now, and we have been very happy with both. That said, if you prefer a threaded BB for any reason, that's no problem.

VTCaraco
08-07-2014, 09:56 AM
Northmeadow was kind enough to answer this one, but just to confirm we're in a unit in the old mill building at 309 W. Montgomery. It's a beautiful spot with great access to riding at our doorstep.

0.4 miles from where Grandma lived...different building than where she worked, but definitely a neighborhood that I'm familiar with.
I'll have to stop in some time when I'm in the general area visiting my folks...

oldmill
05-04-2016, 07:25 PM
Has anybody seen any ride reviews on these bikes? They look nice, and I like the graphics

eBAUMANN
05-04-2016, 07:39 PM
Has anybody seen any ride reviews on these bikes? They look nice, and I like the graphics

i have several friends who own multiple 22's with nothing but great things to say about em. if i was in the market i would seriously consider hitting them up, their reactor frame looks amazing.

Hilltopperny
05-04-2016, 08:09 PM
Been to the shop and talked with Scott. The bikes all look top level and reviews are favorable. I have been thinking about getting myself a drifter some time this summer.

Schmed
05-04-2016, 08:49 PM
The bikes look good and I hope they do well but the name of the company is a poor choice. It's too close to Twenty 2 Cycles of Colorado and might confuse some potential customers.
http://twenty2cycles.com/

I was reading this thread thinking "NY? I thought they were in Colorado".

Tony T
05-04-2016, 09:10 PM

The Campy cups kept "pulling out" on me on a Ti frame. Installed Parlee cups and haven't had any issues since (this was before Praxis came out with their Campy adaptors)

jwess1234
05-04-2016, 11:49 PM
Spoke with these guys at NAHBS. Really passionate and helpful. The new "Drifter" bike is incredible. I was on the fence between these guys and another builder some time ago, and it came down to steel vs Ti for me and I wanted steel. If I were to go Ti at some point, I would probably go with them--the thoughtfulness and quality, especially at their pricepoint is great.

chiasticon
05-05-2016, 07:15 AM
I skimmed through the beginning of this thread with the complaints regarding use of PF30, thinking: "well there's great adaptors from praxis and wheels mfg that eliminate creaking, and besides I'm sure they'll just T47 thread it if you really want..." before realizing the thread started in 2014 :o

and yeah, looks like T47 is their standard BB now.

Nooch
05-05-2016, 07:29 AM
If I ever sell my Pronto, a No.22 would be next up on my list, if only to maintain lineage and have another bike from Scott Hock :)

Buddy of mine has a reactor and is a pretty big fan.

Happy, I haven't looked into it, but why exactly would you be in for a geared little wing? Just curious :) Wonder if No.22 will ever be able to duplicate that legend rear end (that I know you love).

Oh, and Cyclesport in Park Ridge, NJ, is a No.22 retailer, from the best of my knowledge.

oldmill
05-05-2016, 08:56 PM
Been to the shop and talked with Scott. The bikes all look top level and reviews are favorable. I have been thinking about getting myself a drifter some time this summer.

Keep us posted on this one. I'm interested in the Drifter as well, and would like to hear your impressions if do go ahead with it.

happycampyer
05-05-2016, 09:17 PM
Happy, I haven't looked into it, but why exactly would you be in for a geared little wing? Just curious :) Wonder if No.22 will ever be able to duplicate that legend rear end (that I know you love).I had to go back to the first page to see what I had written. If I recall what I was thinking at the time, it was that the Little Wing comes with a BSA bottom bracket (which Mike from No. 22 later confirmed can be ordered on other models), and it's the only all-ti model with the seatmast, which is very clean looking. I think the Little Wing in a road bike configuration would look fantastic.

soulspinner
05-06-2016, 06:25 AM
I had to go back to the first page to see what I had written. If I recall what I was thinking at the time, it was that the Little Wing comes with a BSA bottom bracket (which Mike from No. 22 later confirmed can be ordered on other models), and it's the only all-ti model with the seatmast, which is very clean looking. I think the Little Wing in a road bike configuration would look fantastic.

And you can get a ti topper..............

mod6
05-06-2016, 07:09 AM
http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y446/K2razorback/IMG_1012_zpsy6pzpxbn.jpg (http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/K2razorback/media/IMG_1012_zpsy6pzpxbn.jpg.html)

Shot of my teammates NO.22 Great Divide Disc. Welds are of equal to my Ericksen. Built up it's rolling about 18lbs with ultegra 6800, I9 wheels and trp spyres. This bike has converted him to Ti and he has owned some nice high end carbon road bikes. Looked forward swapping out bikes with him for a long ride. Will post up a review when EC gloom lets up and it happens.

happycampyer
05-06-2016, 07:13 AM
And you can get a ti topper..............Yeah, I was talking about the whole package. I'm personally not drawn to integrated seatmasts, but I think the Little Wing is one of the nicest examples I've seen.

Nooch
05-06-2016, 07:56 AM
Yeah, I was talking about the whole package. I'm personally not drawn to integrated seatmasts, but I think the Little Wing is one of the nicest examples I've seen.

I'm picking up what you're putting down -- and if I had the means, I think I'd get in line with you for that package :)

Just so long as it clears 28's all day, I think it'd be perfect.

Mzilliox
05-06-2016, 08:33 AM
http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y446/K2razorback/IMG_1012_zpsy6pzpxbn.jpg (http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/K2razorback/media/IMG_1012_zpsy6pzpxbn.jpg.html)

Shot of my teammates NO.22 Great Divide Disc. Welds are of equal to my Ericksen. Built up it's rolling about 18lbs with ultegra 6800, I9 wheels and trp spyres. This bike has converted him to Ti and he has owned some nice high end carbon road bikes. Looked forward swapping out bikes with him for a long ride. Will post up a review when EC gloom lets up and it happens.

thats what im sayin... after getting the eriksen cross, i want a roadie in Ti and these guys name is on the short list with Naked, Eriksen and Kualis.

tumbler
05-06-2016, 09:21 AM
Nevermind. Realized this was an old post and someone already pointed out the T47...

tv_vt
05-06-2016, 09:51 AM
Earl (OP) - what happened to your Hampsten GP ti?

Or is this new bike a disc/gravel bike?

GonaSovereign
02-25-2017, 04:10 PM
First pedal on my No.22 Broken Arrow.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2614/32988247761_6fc395f262_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/Sg4oLr)No22_2 (https://flic.kr/p/Sg4oLr) by Geoffrey Morgan (https://www.flickr.com/photos/geoffrideshisbike/), on Flickr

Black Dog
02-25-2017, 05:15 PM
From what the pic shows, nice looking bike. Tell us about how the bike rides. It is so nice to know that the some of the great talent from Serotta is still making great bikes.

wc1934
02-25-2017, 05:39 PM
For real?

Damn.

I too have had multiple conversations and emails with Bryce Gracey. He spent a ton of time answering my silly questions, etc. A really nice guy - and YES, he does know his craft!!!

simonov
02-25-2017, 06:02 PM
First pedal on my No.22 Broken Arrow.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2614/32988247761_6fc395f262_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/Sg4oLr)No22_2 (https://flic.kr/p/Sg4oLr) by Geoffrey Morgan (https://www.flickr.com/photos/geoffrideshisbike/), on Flickr

The blue stem's a nice touch.

GonaSovereign
02-26-2017, 05:59 PM
Here's the rest of it.
As I wrote across the hall, it's got the smooth ride you'd expect from ti, but the front end is really stiff when you stand and sprint (comparable to the very rigid Focus Mares I have), and it's straight-line sprint stiff as well. But comfy. I attribute the comfy to the 30psi or so in the tires. It'll be even better with 22psi in tubulars.

The relatively long stem (the 3T 120mm is more like 125 ), with paint from Vélocolour, keeps things stretched out a bit and the thing just rips around corners at speed.

I asked for a slightly lower BB, but it's otherwise a stock...albeit a standard No.22 Broken Arrow numbers in a size in between stock sizes.

It's rather light, too. Not as light as my Focus, but there are very few frames as light as that one.

The fabrication is phenomenal. Consider who's building them.

Downside? The internal routing is clean, but it's a chore to stuff all the lines around the BB. Not a major downside, and I asked for the internal routing.

Basically, this is one bad-ass bike. I've got it set up to do some enduro/adventure/fun stuff for the next few months. In the fall it'll get 1x and light wheels for CX.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2203/32750065350_2fd8b99a8e_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/RU1Dr9)No22_3 (https://flic.kr/p/RU1Dr9) by Geoffrey Morgan (https://www.flickr.com/photos/geoffrideshisbike/), on Flickr
https://c1.staticflickr.com/4/3773/33005656751_0cfa9e50f3_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/ShABRr)No22_4 (https://flic.kr/p/ShABRr) by Geoffrey Morgan (https://www.flickr.com/photos/geoffrideshisbike/), on Flickr
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/670/32317235443_386f59e561_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/ReLhbx)No22_5 (https://flic.kr/p/ReLhbx) by Geoffrey Morgan (https://www.flickr.com/photos/geoffrideshisbike/), on Flickr

Hilltopperny
02-26-2017, 07:10 PM
Looks great! I am going to pull the trigger on a no22 sometime this year. Haven't completely figured out which model, but I've been to the shop a few times and really like what they are putting out. The owner of my lbs is having them build him a custom hardtail right now and Scott built him a nice steel road rig a while back. I am leaning toward a drifter, but may go with the great divide.

GonaSovereign
05-17-2017, 05:06 PM
Bloomberg did a feature on gravel bikes, and our friends at No. 22 featured prominently.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2017-05-11/everything-you-need-to-know-about-gravel-bikes-the-latest-trend-in-cycling

https://assets.bwbx.io/images/users/iqjWHBFdfxIU/i0BL9.232gVk/v1/1200x-1.jpg

EDS
05-17-2017, 07:07 PM
Bloomberg did a feature on gravel bikes, and our friends at No. 22 featured prominently.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2017-05-11/everything-you-need-to-know-about-gravel-bikes-the-latest-trend-in-cycling

https://assets.bwbx.io/images/users/iqjWHBFdfxIU/i0BL9.232gVk/v1/1200x-1.jpg

Love that bike. Odd location for a shoot on gravel bikes.

cnighbor1
05-18-2017, 11:10 AM
go with the larger BB sheel latest in frames

GonaSovereign
08-21-2017, 09:26 AM
https://static.theglobeandmail.ca/466/report-on-business/article36027152.ece/ALTERNATES/w620/luxury-bike00srMAIN.JPG
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/article36027151.ece/BINARY/w940/image.jpg
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/article36027406.ece/BINARY/w940/image.jpg
No22 is featured in an article on the (ahem) new trend towards spending a ton of money on handmade bikes.
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/wheels-of-fortune-pricey-bikes-hit-the-road/article36027153/

batman1425
08-21-2017, 09:33 AM
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/article36027151.ece/BINARY/w940/image.jpg
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/article36027406.ece/BINARY/w940/image.jpg

Went to school and raced with the builder on the left in this shot. Would love to have him build me a bike if I ever had the financial means. They are doing some outstanding work at that shop.

22Mike
08-21-2017, 02:50 PM
Thanks for all the kind words in this thread. Sometimes it feels like we're just plugging away, quietly making the bikes we like to make. It's really fun and flattering when what we're doing gets noticed.