PDA

View Full Version : Eddy Merckx Corsa cable guides

Javaman
08-04-2014, 07:00 PM
Doing my usual Eddy Merckx "window shopping" on ebay and found this;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Eddy-Merckx-Corsa-54cm-C-to-C-in-VVGC-/321481319587?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ad9c7a4a3#ht_293wt_1153

So anybody seen HT "cable guides" like these? Seller said they're welded and was done originally by the factory.

phcollard
08-04-2014, 07:25 PM
I had some of those at one time on a Colnago Master Olympic.

They are not welded. It is just a cheap metal part sandwiched between the bottom of the headtube and the lower headset cup.

I sold the Colnago but I kept the part because that's a great idea if you want to run STI's and preserve the paint on the headtube. That's very neat.

zmudshark
08-04-2014, 07:31 PM
Looks more like an add on, fits above the lower cup, not brazed to the HT:

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/5nYAAOSwQItT3fO9/$_57.JPG

Nice looking race bike in decent condition. Some scrapes on the NDS chain stay, on the inside. If it floats your boat, just BIN. I have no idea who Jannes L. is. A quick Google came up empty.

Sorry about the huge picture.:no:

ultraman6970
08-04-2014, 08:05 PM
+1 with what phill is saying, is like an adapter thing that goes in the headset cup, it can be removed.

Hmm racing team bike, interesting because in holland and belgium find bikes that small is hard :) looks like all the racers are 6+ feet tall :D

Javaman
08-04-2014, 09:04 PM
That's what I thought too...from the pics it does not look it's welded/brazed.
Anybody know the difference in ride characteristics between the Corsa and Corsa Extra?

oldpotatoe
08-05-2014, 06:46 AM
That's what I thought too...from the pics it does not look it's welded/brazed.
Anybody know the difference in ride characteristics between the Corsa and Corsa Extra?

Merckx are known to be non consistent sometimes but generally SL or SLX tubing, Corsa/Corsa Extra...some variables with forks also..but again, not consistent at all.

As for ride differences, probably none at all.

ultraman6970
08-05-2014, 08:52 AM
Thats a team bike probably was custom made and has tubes from different series all over the place. The seller must know people :P