PDA

View Full Version : Tufo extreme tubular tape?

c-record
08-04-2014, 03:53 PM
Any able to me if 'extreme' Tufo has been replaced? I only see a single option for Tufo tape on the website now.

If it has been replaced has anyone tried the new stuff for comparison?

Thanks.

rnhood
08-04-2014, 03:56 PM
It is my understanding that today all the tape is of the Extreme formulation. So when you buy Tufo tape, it is the extreme variety.

I bought some for my tubulars and it worked really well. I doubt that I will ever use glue again.

earlfoss
08-04-2014, 03:57 PM
I used the extreme and the now regular version and they both performed equally for me.

Apparently the extreme was really sticky and ripped apart carbon rims enough for Tufo to phase it out.

I'll keep using the tape 'cause it seems to work great with the tire + rim combo i run.

c-record
08-04-2014, 04:42 PM
Thanks for the feedbacks. I'm familiar with the older Tufo but didn't realize they had gone to a single option.

Good riding!

ultraman6970
08-04-2014, 05:41 PM
The tufo tape worked way too good for me, so good that I couldn't remove the darn tubular, sold the wheels with the tubulars glued to them :D In other oportunity the underliying tape got stuck in the tape, good was an old tubular.

Honestly the tape works really well, really clean and stuff but if it wasnt because of those 2 details and because isnt cheap at all I would be continue using it. with over 30 years gluing the stuff you get the hang of it.

No idea if the new tape is that strong as the old one, havent tried it.

c-record
08-04-2014, 06:56 PM
Haha, good to hear. I've glued and taped plenty as well, helping a friend and he wants tape.