PDA

View Full Version : something i noticed about cyclocross

shoe
03-01-2006, 01:04 PM
so what i realized today is- on a fast descent never let your mind wander...also maybe don't ride your girlfriends bike that is too small for her. i ride my rode bike off road a bunch and i must say i took my girls cyclocross bike out and it was really alot of fun. it was a whole different way to address technical trails andd riding..so that is why people own these bikes,,,they are fun..and my buddy on his single speed mountain bike was a little disheartened at how it could climb and how fast it can roll. although fast technical trails he would ditch me....all in time though...although now it did make me late for work ..... hope some others enjoyed this nice morning....dave

zank
03-01-2006, 03:34 PM
I hear ya, Dave! This year, I am going to try to ride my cross bike at least once a week in the woods. It's a blast and it does wonders for your bike handlng.

I am also considering a 29er because of the way 700C wheels roll in the woods. I am always amazed at what a cross bike can roll over, even without suspension. It seems the 29er would be the best of both worlds for a MTB.

shoe
03-02-2006, 12:38 AM
zank i have a 29er on order. i've been waiting over a year to get it started but i think my time is almost near. i still think a cyclo rig is in the future somewhere. with the thin tires running technical trails it really demands attention and control. i took it for a spin tonight on the road and the tires spin much better than i expected. it's nice with different rides because each one can really bring it's own thing to the plate. and i thought two bikes would be all i need...oh wait it is ... it's the wants - that get us into trouble...dave