PDA

View Full Version : A very neat little shop in VA...

makoti
08-02-2014, 05:45 PM
Since we have the thread about your LBS, I thought I'd toss out something for people in the NoVa area. This is likely going to read like an ad, but...
I rode from Reston to Purcellville on the trail today (55 miles r/t) to go to this shop so I could buy some NFS lube from across the hall (like you've never ridden 50 miles to buy lube). A small shop called "Velo Classique" sold it. I'd heard it was a cool shop, but it was better than that. If you like steel, if you appreciate vintage stuff, you HAVE to go out there. Lots of frames, built up bikes, older parts (someone was looking for old Campy hoods. Got the repros there). A full restoration of an original Team LeMond frame (della Santa?). Planned to stop. grab the lube, and go but ended up yakking for about 45 minutes.
I wouldn't bother if carbon is all that gets your heart racing, but, again, if you like older stuff, stop by. It is a cool place. Out of the way, to be sure. Worth the ride, even if it is on the trail.

witcombusa
08-02-2014, 06:12 PM
So you chatted with Wayne then? Did you know it is also Mel Pinto Imports?
Well, the lease is ending (early next year?) so hopefully he will find a new location, but I can't even imagine moving ALL that stuff (again)

Another nice shop, and new is right down the trail, http://www.velovilleusa.com/

http://www.veloclassique.com/

Md3000
08-02-2014, 07:11 PM
Did you see my bike? The blue/white eddy merckx ?

ultraman6970
08-02-2014, 07:31 PM
M... your bike wasn't there... Your EM was sold yesterday!!!!! Hahahaha :)

Just Kidding ok?? :D Hope the pacemaker worked and you are still with us hehehe:D

Your EM is being built at his home :D So it is not in the shop right now, do you have an ETA?

Makoti at what time did you go?? I was there around 12:30pm, at 1 pm i was long gone :P

That's not ordinary shop, no crap is sold there and even the low end is rare and hard to find... robert ukitis got a full group C delta group and a couple of his bikes built in that shop.

For the Colnago lovers, right now there are 2 colnago masters (and alike with gilco tubing) like for 600 bucks (57x57) for the colnago lovers, that is not a bad price at all, because are mint/like new condition.

makoti
08-02-2014, 08:19 PM
So you chatted with Wayne then? Did you know it is also Mel Pinto Imports?
Well, the lease is ending (early next year?) so hopefully he will find a new location, but I can't even imagine moving ALL that stuff (again)

Another nice shop, and new is right down the trail, http://www.velovilleusa.com/

http://www.veloclassique.com/

I saw that on the door. I just figured he was a local contact. He IS Mel Pinto imports? Extra cool!

krismac23
08-02-2014, 08:31 PM
Since we have the thread about your LBS, I thought I'd toss out something for people in the NoVa area. This is likely going to read like an ad, but...
I rode from Reston to Purcellville on the trail today (55 miles r/t) to go to this shop so I could buy some NFS lube from across the hall (like you've never ridden 50 miles to buy lube). A small shop called "Velo Classique" sold it. I'd heard it was a cool shop, but it was better than that. If you like steel, if you appreciate vintage stuff, you HAVE to go out there. Lots of frames, built up bikes, older parts (someone was looking for old Campy hoods. Got the repros there). A full restoration of an original Team LeMond frame (della Santa?). Planned to stop. grab the lube, and go but ended up yakking for about 45 minutes.
I wouldn't bother if carbon is all that gets your heart racing, but, again, if you like older stuff, stop by. It is a cool place. Out of the way, to be sure. Worth the ride, even if it is on the trail.

You don't happen to be ··· kits? Just curious cuz I saw a bunch of pics of that lemond on his Instagram.

makoti
08-02-2014, 09:24 PM
Makoti at what time did you go?? I was there around 12:30pm, at 1 pm i was long gone :P

That's not ordinary shop, no crap is sold there and even the low end is rare and hard to find... robert ukitis got a full group C delta group and a couple of his bikes built in that shop.

For the Colnago lovers, right now there are 2 colnago masters (and alike with gilco tubing) like for 600 bucks (57x57) for the colnago lovers, that is not a bad price at all, because are mint/like new condition.

I was there about 2, I think. I rolled up, two guys just sitting outside relaxing away, third on the phone inside. Before I left, another guy came in, riding on some Rail52's. Very friendly bunch, started talking about my bike (John Hollands) & Wayne was the first & only person to notice or comment on the fact that my headtube decal is an Arrowhead for the Chiefs (life long curse, I'm afraid). It's been there 13 years. ;)
I was like a kid in a candy store. Every bike was cooler than the last & the parts were like jewelry. Beautiful.

makoti
08-02-2014, 09:26 PM
You don't happen to be ··· kits? Just curious cuz I saw a bunch of pics of that lemond on his Instagram.

Nope, but I can see why he posted that. It is a beauty. The paint, even though it is just a shade of white, is really nice.

tiretrax
08-02-2014, 10:02 PM

I wish I hadn't opened this thread. I need to go N-1, and now I'll be up all night thinking about those.

Sounds like a cool shop. I hope I can find time to get there next time I'm in D.C.

ultraman6970
08-02-2014, 10:14 PM
Well to help you to sleep... the price is less than 600 :P

I wish I hadn't opened this thread. I need to go N-1, and now I'll be up all night thinking about those.

Sounds like a cool shop. I hope I can find time to get there next time I'm in D.C.

ultraman6970
08-02-2014, 10:22 PM
When i left Wayne was alone. Great stuff in that shop :)

I was there about 2, I think. I rolled up, two guys just sitting outside relaxing away, third on the phone inside. Before I left, another guy came in, riding on some Rail52's. Very friendly bunch, started talking about my bike (John Hollands) & Wayne was the first & only person to notice or comment on the fact that my headtube decal is an Arrowhead for the Chiefs (life long curse, I'm afraid). It's been there 13 years. ;)
I was like a kid in a candy store. Every bike was cooler than the last & the parts were like jewelry. Beautiful.

makoti
08-02-2014, 10:56 PM

Worth the trip, but it is WAY outside the city. The good news is if you ride the trail out, it's really easy to get to!

ultraman6970
08-02-2014, 11:25 PM
If tiretrax wants to go I would call 1st, to ensure that the store is open.

tiretrax
08-02-2014, 11:38 PM
I live out of state. Just lusting over my keyboard.

Md3000
08-03-2014, 09:01 AM

Funny, I've been riding to Purcellville for a while but never knew about this shop! I never get much further than Wayne's haha.. Will check this out next time and get some coffee. The town of P'ville has great food and some nice historic looking spots as well. Def worth a visit even without the bike and with the wife.

Wayne is super cool - and there's always fun people hanging out and chatting away. The other day I had a long convo with some guy about how the Renault team in the 80s influenced professional cycling, to La Vie Claire, Systeme U, the American teams etc. Was fun!

witcombusa
08-03-2014, 09:17 AM
Funny, I've been riding to Purcellville for a while but never knew about this shop! I never get much further than Wayne's haha.. Will check this out next time and get some coffee. The town of P'ville has great food and some nice historic looking spots as well. Def worth a visit even without the bike and with the wife.

Say hi to Nicole. She was very gracious dealing with the swarms of vintage steel we sent her way during this years Cirque. Nice shop, hope they do well there.

ultraman6970
08-03-2014, 10:05 AM
You went to the cirque this year???

witcombusa
08-03-2014, 01:02 PM
You went to the cirque this year???

EVERY year!:beer:

jvp
08-03-2014, 03:07 PM
here are 2 pics I took during the cirque ride to the shop. My friend was very tempted by a nice old colnago they had for sale there...
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/t1.0-9/10339718_10202111671135142_5543685969501731130_n.j pg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/10371719_10202111671535152_1421774917653021615_n.j pg?oh=3f9627196469068ce0ab96a8c13b3325&oe=54577BB2&__gda__=1413338327_8aefdb0b512f3f137d49c0de6eca494 9

ultraman6970
08-03-2014, 05:08 PM
Been there for the last 5 years, even one year we went to sell with one of my friends.

Never been in the ride, always go the swap meet day. This year's was my shortest visit because my dad was here so went maybe for 1 hours, check out and them come back home.

EVERY year!:beer:

Md3000
08-05-2014, 08:42 AM
Velo Classique's Lemond Pro on ··· Kits:

http://instagram.com/p/rN5P_jsrUt/
http://instagram.com/p/rN5UebsrU1/