PDA

View Full Version : Serotta x-y sizing tool

Needs Help
03-15-2004, 03:46 AM
What the heck does that thinga-ma-jig do?

jwb96
03-15-2004, 06:15 AM
This is just a guess, but it looks like a Fit Stick. So if you have a bike that fits well, you attach it to the bottom bracket and line up the handlebar and seat to get their relative positions, then you can copy your exact position to a new frame and have the exact same fit.

But that's just a guess.

Too Tall
03-15-2004, 06:24 AM
It is a "Fit Stick" which is a sort of fancy framing square ;) I do have one and it is pretty useful for setting up identical bikes. My gripe is that I can do all that with simple methods which are alot quicker.

dirtdigger88
03-15-2004, 08:27 AM
My fitter used one for my Legend that I ordered in late January. I understand it's use like this. One you are fit on a size cycle, the fitter measures your saddle and handle bar location relative to your bottom bracket. This measures two points in space X and Y. It is these two point that are then sent to Serotta to build the frame. So instead of your LBS saying "Built a 57 x 57.5 with this head angle and this seat angle. . ." They would just supply the X and Y points. My guess is that it is to unify the order processs. I guess that also shop without size cycles can still get accurate measurement on bikes. I do not see this as the end all measurement tool, but rather "another" tool in the tool box

Jason