PDA

View Full Version : Help me ID this steel bike

three sixty
07-29-2014, 04:19 PM
Hello All,
My nephew was given this bike while at college and its way to big. Its a Maserati that had been sitting in a equipment shed but I quickly noticed the C-Record hubs, Campy brakes and Stronglight Cranks. I know nothing of the Maserati name but my LBS said it might be attractive to the touring crowd or collector. So please chime in if you think there is value here. I will post in the forum classifieds once I gain perspective on a reasonable price. My nephew wants to sell and purchase a proper fitting bike. Thanks!1697884453

Rednivek
07-29-2014, 08:54 PM
Hello All,
My nephew was given this bike while at college and its way to big. Its a Maserati that had been sitting in a equipment shed but I quickly noticed the C-Record hubs, Campy brakes and Stronglight Cranks. I know nothing of the Maserati name but my LBS said it might be attractive to the touring crowd or collector. So please chime in if you think there is value here. I will post in the forum classifieds once I gain perspective on a reasonable price. My nephew wants to sell and purchase a proper fitting bike. Thanks!]

MT-? MT-1 was the best and MT-10 was the unbest correct?

pbarry
07-29-2014, 09:01 PM
Record hubs, not CR. Looks like a mid/upper range bike with the Sun Tour derailleurs and Stronglight c.rank. Would make a great "gravel" bike.

bart998
07-30-2014, 12:14 AM
I'd bet the derailleurs aren't original. Looks like an ARX model from the '80's, while the bike is early "70's.

three sixty
07-30-2014, 09:21 AM
Yep-Suntour ARX, so perhaps an upgrade to original frame. I'm going to clean it up and post for a few hundred dollars. Just looking to help my nephew get into a mid-level mtn bike.