PDA

View Full Version : Coach

Argos
02-28-2006, 12:55 PM
Guys,

I've decided to take this year somewhat seriously, though with no particular goals other then improving overall strength/fitness. Building the Machine, per se.

Anyway, my new coach has been raggin on me about my riding. She says I'm not going fast enough or often enough and has even threatened to drop me... I don't get it.

I'm riding as often as she asks, often more. But it's always "faster, faster!" and "again, again!". I'm at the end of my rope.

It was much better before we started riding together most of the time. Now, though, not only is she "encourageing" me, but she refuses to take a pull. The entire ride I'm in front working hard. Sometimes, on a long stretch, it's so quiet that I'd be willing to bet she's napping.......

:D

marle
02-28-2006, 12:58 PM
Nice - wait till she's 17. :beer:

Skrawny
02-28-2006, 01:05 PM
:)

ergott
02-28-2006, 01:13 PM
Don't you remember what the coach says about carbon??
:p

Argos
02-28-2006, 01:18 PM
Yeah. As soon as I get gears and slicks on my POS singlespeed I'm switching over to that.

It's 65 today, so we each had a light windbreaker on, but tomorrow is calling for 71 and Thursday should be near 80. How's LI? :D

:beer:

Too Tall
02-28-2006, 01:27 PM
Thanks Argos, you are my Hero.

gasman
02-28-2006, 01:27 PM
Cool !

Now just take a corner too fast and you will really have the coach yelling at you when the buggy tips over.

Argos
02-28-2006, 01:31 PM
Now just take a corner too fast and you will really have the coach yelling at you when the buggy tips over.

Well, there is the Coach, and then there is the Boss.

The Boss does not care what I do going uphill, but has placed a restrictor on the carburator anytime I'm riding with my coach and it is flat or downhill restricting max speed to about 12 miles per hour.

Johny
02-28-2006, 01:35 PM
Sweet.

Last Sunday, my two years old boy pointed to our Burley and asked me to take him outside for a ride (he is cute, isn't he...). I wish we had a warmer winter...too WINDY and cold here.

Tom
02-28-2006, 01:53 PM
Cool !

My brother tells about the time he dumped it with my nephew back there. The kid laughed and said "Daddy, do that again!" He also used to, and I swear I am not making this up, yell "Faster, Daddy! Faster!" when they were going uphill.

This is the kid that when I asked him what racing advice he'd give me (he's pretty good) said "If you're going into a corner too fast just go straight."

Fixed
02-28-2006, 02:18 PM
bro life is great .cheers :beer:

davids
02-28-2006, 04:34 PM
I've got a photo somewhere of me and my daughter - me on my Gary Fisher Tassajara and she on her Burley Piccolo... I really had a lot of fun with that combo. I still remember that kink-in-the-pants feeling I'd get when she'd suddenly decide to help with the pedaling!

Now, after she's gone through a 20" and 24" mountain bike, I'm trying to get her interested in a road bike. She really wants an IF so she can choose her personalized colors (she knows what matters!) But I pointed her in the direction of an '05 Specialized Dolce that might be sufficiently purple for her...

From this:
http://www.burley.com/images/CMS/PiccoloSML.jpg
...to this:
http://www.fisherbikes.com/images/bikes2006/bikes_medium/cosmo_girls.jpg
...to this:
http://www.ibexbikes.com/images/Bikes/2006/ALP-440K-OR-360.jpg
...to this?
http://www.specialized.com/OA_MEDIA/2005/bikes/05Dolce_Lav_d.jpg

theprep
03-01-2006, 07:50 AM
Yeah. As soon as I get gears and slicks on my POS singlespeed I'm switching over to that.

It's 65 today, so we each had a light windbreaker on, but tomorrow is calling for 71 and Thursday should be near 80. How's LI? :D

:beer:

Argos

LI has been mid 20's to low 30's and super windy. Thanks for asking.

Those trailers are awesome. You barely know they are back there, except when going up hills. I have a double wide that holds 2 kids side by side, the kids love it and usually fall asleep within 15 minutes. A while back I lost my father of the year award by doing figure 8's as fast as I could with 2 in tow. :crap: Rolled the damn thing, one kid was crying, the other laughing his butt off.

Training advice: to really kill your legs follow up your cycling rides with 1/2 hour on the trampoline playing Jedi Knights and then 1/2 hour playing Freeze Tag, only you are allowed to be "it" however. Be carefull, you need about 4 days of recovery from these workouts, but you will want to perform them daily.

Cheers,
Joe