PDA

View Full Version : Lake Speedplay shoe opinions?

DerekB
07-25-2014, 01:07 PM
I'm thinking of trying a pair of Lake Speedplay compatible shoes. I currently have Bont Vaypors and Sidi something. My Sidis are feeling a little big and the Bonts feel like, well Bonts (very stiff and a few pinch spots). Yes I tried heat molding my Bonts. It didn't seem to make much difference.

Anyone like/dislike their Lakes?

Charles M
07-25-2014, 01:16 PM
Have the latest 402 and ride em a lot... Have the cx300 for hot weather and they're very good too.

The 402 are fantastic. Really top flight

They've become my new fave for stock shoes (Custom wise it's still D2)

jmoore
07-25-2014, 01:17 PM
My next pair of shoes will be Lakes. I have heard too much good about them.

DerekB
07-25-2014, 05:18 PM
Thanks Charles. How do you find the sizing of Lakes compares to other brands? I have 44.5 Sidis which are feeling a little loose. I am thinking I will try 44's.

Charles M
07-25-2014, 07:03 PM
Depends on the model... I would email Lake directly and ask, or get with the guys at Stage Race Distribution... Stage-Race.com

They're good guys and know the mix...

Pyramor
07-26-2014, 10:02 AM
I have been using cx330c speedplay 4 screw for about 3 years and 9000 miles. Very comfy and fit my foot well with Esole insert, but slightly tighter in the forefoot than the Sidi Megas I used previously. However, I did not use the esoles with the Sidis. Size wise both shoes are 47. I like the BOA closure system, but have found that one of the tongues slips to the side and the BOA has cut into the leather. Would not hesitate to buy again if I can find the right sale.

zzy
07-26-2014, 12:31 PM
I have been using cx330c speedplay 4 screw for about 3 years and 9000 miles. Very comfy and fit my foot well with Esole insert, but slightly tighter in the forefoot than the Sidi Megas I used previously. However, I did not use the esoles with the Sidis. Size wise both shoes are 47. I like the BOA closure system, but have found that one of the tongues slips to the side and the BOA has cut into the leather. Would not hesitate to buy again if I can find the right sale.

Are you me? I was going to post the exact same thing, only in 48s. I have actually cut the leather trim on the tongue of my 330s because it always sticks out and looks silly. I do hate when the tongue slides and the BOA bit digs into my foot.

The stack height on the Speedplays is significantly lower than any other shoe I have, so you may need to lower the saddle a bit. I do strongly recommend them (Speedplay Lakes) though.

OP: I find Lakes fit wider in the forefoot than Sidis (which are quite narrow).

Pyramor
07-26-2014, 01:38 PM
Are you me? I was going to post the exact same thing, only in 48s. I have actually cut the leather trim on the tongue of my 330s because it always sticks out and looks silly. I do hate when the tongue slides and the BOA bit digs into my foot.

The stack height on the Speedplays is significantly lower than any other shoe I have, so you may need to lower the saddle a bit. I do strongly recommend them (Speedplay Lakes) though.

OP: I find Lakes fit wider in the forefoot than Sidis (which are quite narrow).

Ah, great minds....? Agree that regular Sidis are narrower, that is why I had to use the Mega. It has more toe room than the Lakes, but I really like how the Lakes fit even with the Esoles taking up some toe room.