PDA

View Full Version : Stage 19 Spoiler

MattTuck
07-25-2014, 12:40 PM
Well, Garmin 'salvaged' something from this turd of a tour.

crownjewelwl
07-25-2014, 12:45 PM
does winning a meaningless stage count as salvaging??? just sayin...

MattTuck
07-25-2014, 12:49 PM

A TDF stage win is still a TDF stage win. But yeah, hence why I said 'salvaged'. lol.

I'm sure we'll soon see images of the win on sponsor advertisements.

Jgrooms
07-25-2014, 12:50 PM
A stage win is a stage win. Tell the guys who crashed on the run in it was meaningless as well as those getting shelled on the climb.

And its great to see these breaks and solos off of succeed!

crownjewelwl
07-25-2014, 12:51 PM
A TDF stage win is still a TDF stage win. But yeah, hence why I said 'salvaged'. lol.

I'm sure we'll soon see images of the win on sponsor advertisements.

definitely comin in hot with that lid...

jlwdm
07-25-2014, 09:07 PM
Well, Garmin 'salvaged' something from this turd of a tour.

Really? It was a great stage for Garmin. Excellent long breakaway; great move from the break and then a terrific move by Navardauskas.

Jeff

firerescuefin
07-25-2014, 09:35 PM
A stage win is a stage win. Tell the guys who crashed on the run in it was meaningless as well as those getting shelled on the climb.

And its great to see these breaks and solos off of succeed!

^This

Garmin kept throwing things against the wall and this one stuck. Well conceived. Well executed. I was entertained and pulling for them.....but yeah, the aero POC is very hard to look at:help:

cloudguy
07-25-2014, 11:47 PM
I've really enjoyed this tour, much more than say the anticlimactic tour of 2010. There was lots of rain and cold this year, which made for some very interesting racing, especially that mesmerizing cobbled stage. It sounds like there'll be more rain this weekend. Too bad AC and Froome couldn't stay upright on their machines. Clearly the best man won and the future looks bright for the French. Vive le Tour.

FastforaSlowGuy
07-26-2014, 06:16 AM

Ask Sagan. Bet he wouldn't mind having a stage (any stage) in the "W" column.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk