PDA

View Full Version : Voeckler copy cats

enr1co
07-25-2014, 12:36 PM
I like Voeckler and his sticking out tongue, contorted face expressions but think that his team mates, Gautier and Coquard need to stop being "Voeckler mini-me's" and come up with their their own schtick and pedaling style ;)

Each time either of these guys get camera time, they always mimic Voecklers riding style, face contortions, body movements. I can understand how Phil could mix these guys up!

http://www.cyclismactu.net/img/galerie/Yt0LIhugPSE8-cyril-gautier-team-europcar.jpg
http://news.velonation.com/Men/Road/Cm_Cz/2013/Feature/original/Coquard_Bryan_LTDL13_st8-1F.jpg

brndll
07-25-2014, 01:05 PM
Phil (I assume you mean Liggett) is mixed up anyway.

He is getting too old to keep all of it straight... and this from someone who started watching the Tour in the mid-80s. You only have to go back and watch the ABC tour coverage when Phil was "new" to commentating (for us US fans anyway) to see how painful it is watching him now.

oldpotatoe
07-25-2014, 02:34 PM
Phil (I assume you mean Liggett) is mixed up anyway.

He is getting too old to keep all of it straight... and this from someone who started watching the Tour in the mid-80s. You only have to go back and watch the ABC tour coverage when Phil was "new" to commentating (for us US fans anyway) to see how painful it is watching him now.

Turn the volume down then and be thankful you get any coverage at all in the US.

johnniecakes
07-25-2014, 02:40 PM
+2 The above, I can remember waiting for the October issue of Winning to find anything about the tour. Bob Roll on the other hand should shut up

enr1co
07-25-2014, 03:03 PM
Will always like Phil, Paul, Bob.

Definitely appreciative of the coverage by NBCSN. The mute button is getting a workout during the commercial breaks- especially the lame Cadillac and Michelob spots.

... and no I dont want to pay the extra monthly $ for a DVR to skip the commercials as I rarely watch any TV except for the tour.

kramnnim
07-25-2014, 03:14 PM
It's weird how Coquard and Gautier have the same odd riding posture as Voeckler, as well...shoulders back, neck craned. Find someone less clownish to imitate!

mtechnica
07-25-2014, 03:45 PM
Nobody will be laughing about Coquard a year or two from now imo

enr1co
07-25-2014, 04:28 PM
Nobody will be laughing about Coquard a year or two from now imo

Definitely one to watch in the sprints going forward- dude has the quick twitch muscles going on!