PDA

View Full Version : Any ides for taking up space in Sidi wires?

Mikej
07-24-2014, 08:50 PM
I have some Drakos that are too roomy in the toe box, adding extra insoles makes them feel weird. Is there a material I can add to the inside that is more durable than mole skin?

AngryScientist
07-24-2014, 08:52 PM
curious, is too much room in the toe box a real problem, as long as the rest of the shoe fits good and your foot is cradled well in the heel cup, is there a problem?

Mikej
07-24-2014, 09:05 PM
curious, is too much room in the toe box a real problem, as long as the rest of the shoe fits good and your foot is cradled well in the heel cup, is there a problem?

Yes, I am experiencing this- since the lower buckle ratchet pulls in two spots, if I get it snug enough at the toe box area, the upper is so tight my feet go numb in 5 minutes. So, my pinky toe is rubbing all over if I loosen up enough to not get tingles.

kgreene10
07-24-2014, 09:18 PM
Sounds like this isn't the ideal show for you. IMO, there's three things in cycling you want just right - shoes, chamois, and bike fit.

Mikej
07-24-2014, 09:42 PM
Sounds like this isn't the ideal show for you. IMO, there's three things in cycling you want just right - shoes, chamois, and bike fit.

Yeah, I know, just looking to see prior to ordering a .5 smaller.

charliedid
07-24-2014, 10:09 PM
Try cutting just the front of an old insole or Dr Scholls and put it in toe box under the full length one...

kophinos
07-25-2014, 08:38 AM
Specialized BG fit insoles work wonders to replace the thin cardboard Sidi one. I use them in all of my shoes.

Peter P.
07-25-2014, 08:11 PM
If it's just the toe box area that's an issue, try getting your hands on the varus and valgus shims Specialized sells. The varus shim tilts the foot outward, the valgus shim tilts it inward. Put one of each in the shoe so they cancel each other out but elevate the forefoot.

Charles M
07-25-2014, 09:19 PM
Get a different shoe if it's that pronounced... Tilting your foot isn't a solution nor is pressing it upward as the last wasn't designed to load like that in the first place....

And ordering .5 smaller isn't a match either... The width will be very close in a half size change.

Sidi used to be medium to narrow but now have a wider box... It's a fundamental change to the last that happened a few years ago...

Conversely, Northwave used to have wider boxes and now are middle of the road too.

I would look at mold able shoes like the lake 402 or certainly look at custom like D2... What ever the case, Sidi are pretty neutral... You should try everything off the shelf before you buy...