PDA

View Full Version : Spectator Interference on Nibali (not a spoiler?)

spartanKid
07-24-2014, 02:46 PM
http://gfycat.com/ImpassionedShamelessCapybara

Not even looking at the racers. More concerned with her phone. :bike:

That Gendarme should have pushed her harder and right down the hill...

Lewis Moon
07-24-2014, 03:02 PM
http://gfycat.com/ImpassionedShamelessCapybara

Not even looking at the racers. More concerned with her phone. :bike:

That Gendarme should have pushed her harder and right down the hill...

Jeebus, and I thought all the vacuous, self absorbed bimbos were police auxiliary member riding around California in cars wearing big ugly sunglasses and making stupid videos.

fiamme red
07-24-2014, 03:05 PM
Too bad the phone didn't fall on the road and get run over by the motorcycle.

thwart
07-24-2014, 03:14 PM
What a dipsh*t.

I bet Nibali's upper arm is a little sore this evening.

Good for him for staying focused and getting back into his rhythm. A champion's move.

dogdriver
07-24-2014, 03:29 PM
... and her VERY FIRST reaction is to pick up the phone. Methinks she didn't even realize what an idiot she had just been... Plus, standing the wrong direction and talking on the phone when the leader of the freakin' Tour De France rides by!? Unbelievable.

ultraman6970
07-24-2014, 03:31 PM
Thought the sametihng when I saw it happen this morning.

Too bad the phone didn't fall on the road and get run over by the motorcycle.

ohsnapitsed
07-24-2014, 05:05 PM
"LOOK MOM I'M ON T...... Sh*t omg my phone!!"

What a dummy. :no:

phcollard
07-24-2014, 05:08 PM
People are just plain stupid.

Peter P.
07-24-2014, 08:18 PM
Anyone think Nibali intentionally shouldered her?

I can't understand what phone call would be more important than being "in the moment" and having your attention focused on the event you came to watch, and the people you came to watch it with.

enr1co
07-24-2014, 08:27 PM
... and her VERY FIRST reaction is to pick up the phone. Methinks she didn't even realize what an idiot she had just been...

Yeah, didnt even look back to see that the follow car could have hit her... too bad ;)

j0oftheworld
07-24-2014, 08:28 PM
"LOOK MOM I'M ON T...... Sh*t omg my phone!!"

What a dummy. :no:

Exactly what it was.. On the phone waiting to be on TV! :bike: :bike: :bike:

rustychisel
07-24-2014, 08:30 PM

Yes, definitely. But I also think the justification was real. This has become a real blight. Heaven help us all the day dogs without leashes start taking selfies.

bikinchris
07-24-2014, 09:01 PM
Exactly, she didn't care about watching the race. She was on the phone saying "Tien! regarde-moi, je suis á la TV!"

I think the gendarmes should be able to tazer these people and the idiot who run next to the riders and tie them up and throw them on the side of the road until about an hour after the barricades are removed.

thwart
07-24-2014, 09:52 PM

No. There's no way he could've missed her. He just flipped his arm as he went by to minimize the effect on him. IMO.

He had already veered hard to his right before this freeze frame. If he doesn't, he goes down, and she's got a broken shoulder/perhaps ribs as well.

shovelhd
07-25-2014, 07:01 AM
Watching the days coverage last night they showed this in a clip at full speed as part of commentary on Nibali. There was no way for him to avoid her. She jumped out. What really irritated me was when one of the commentators said something like "she was going for the selfie. Would have been a great picture". Why promote stupid and dangerous activity? That's irresponsible and inexcusable.

irideti
07-25-2014, 09:08 AM
Without Gendarme's push, the lady could have ran over by the car while picking up the phone :no:

FastforaSlowGuy
07-25-2014, 09:13 AM
If you believe Inrng, most of those spectators are there for the parade caravan and general party atmosphere, not for the race. If that's the case, we shouldn't be surprised if people treat the racers (even the Yellow Jersey) as a stage prop.

Hope her phone screen cracked.

pdmtong
07-25-2014, 09:50 AM
If you believe Inrng, most of those spectators are there for the parade caravan and general party atmosphere, not for the race. If that's the case, we shouldn't be surprised if people treat the racers (even the Yellow Jersey) as a stage prop.

Hope her phone screen cracked.

This ^

What's your guess. Maybe 50-60% are cyclists ? The rest for the "festival" atmosphere although I question the non alcohol fueled enthusiasm for hanging out on the side of the road for 8+ hours. I know when I waited on mt diablo for the Amgen summit finish last year it was extremely hot and frankly pretty boring to wait the only thing saving me was a rock to sit on my hat and the Margaritas my pal had in his Camelbak bladder

I'm not shocked that the non cyclist crowd has no idea But your think that with the lead cars coming through people would know to start paying attention to the very thing they sat out there all day for.

bobswire
07-25-2014, 11:03 AM
No. There's no way he could've missed her. He just flipped his arm as he went by to minimize the effect on him. IMO.

He had already veered hard to his right before this freeze frame. If he doesn't, he goes down, and she's got a broken shoulder/perhaps ribs as well.

Hey Ma look at me wave at the camera.......BAM! Duh! She is probably enjoying all the attention she's getting now since she was more interested in getting her mug on the passing camera than the riders behind. That's fine except she stepped out onto to path to do it leaving Nibali little choice than block her.