Tony T
07-24-2014, 08:16 AM
http://assets.amuniversal.com/356716c0e37a0131757b005056a9545d

cookietom
07-24-2014, 08:21 AM
good one but I do spin.......

Ti Designs
07-24-2014, 08:53 AM
Good one, but I teach people how to spin....

dogdriver
07-24-2014, 09:28 AM
Personal disclosure: I used to be one of the people who giggled at spin classes... then I spent a winter going to spin classes to rehab a knee. Yeah, it might be stationary cycling to music, but, in the hands of a good instructor, I work harder and get more out of an hour of spin class than I ever would stationary cycling alone. I'm just not willing to make myself that uncomfortable alone-- whether its the crowd influence, or the music, or a good instructional plan, it works. I still, however, can't help smiling when someone shows up with gloves, still waiting for a participant to show with a helmet.

SpokeValley
11-17-2014, 09:56 PM
I've finally started going to spin and it's alright. It's really more for runners, I think; I use it with my HRM for intervals not to really develop skills, but I find it fun and sweat producing. The music is good.

I'm trying to decide which indoor program I like least, though...spin or Sufferfest ;0)

Dead Man
11-17-2014, 10:14 PM
I'm gonna see for myself... just told the wife I'd go to her spin class with her tomorrow morning.

Louis
11-17-2014, 10:24 PM
I'm gonna see for myself... just told the wife I'd go to her spin class with her tomorrow morning.

Don't look too hard at any of the other participants. (at least not while she can see you)

Mr. Pink
11-18-2014, 07:49 AM
The music is good.

No it isn't.

Nothing worse than being stuck in a small, airless room with thirty other people sweating profusely and being forced to have your face stuck a few feet from the somebody's butt in front of you as an "instructor" plays awful pop and euro trash dance music (does he/she really listen to this crap outside of this room?) really loud with amplified shouts even louder over the din, saying things like C'MON! LETS GO! GO GO GO! Over and over.

Not a fan. Love the bikes though. Unfortunately, my new gym keeps them locked when class isn't in session. I guess I need an "instructor" to supervise me using one. I might get hurt.

firerescuefin
11-18-2014, 08:05 AM

Our gym has about 6 different instructors. I like 2 of them, and really like 1. Give it a shot, but try a few instructors before you draw your final conclusion.

It's not riding your bike outside. Like most things, you get out what you put in. I really enjoy it....as a workout.

It's not for everyone.

norcalbiker
11-18-2014, 10:44 AM
Good one, but I teach people how to spin....

So you guys go nowhere? :rolleyes:

lovethesport
11-18-2014, 11:10 AM
With the right instructor.. it's a tremendous workout. Couple Spin with
TRX the following day and you are on your way to maintain fitness off season.

Tandem Rider
11-18-2014, 12:08 PM
I sometimes do it. Okay for general fitness when I can't get motivated. Too short and intense for base, too short and easy for race fitness. Since they leave the room unlocked, I can go early and stay late making it a little more useful.

gemship
11-18-2014, 12:22 PM
spin class for fat people:p

Dead Man
11-18-2014, 12:23 PM
Our gym has about 6 different instructors. I like 2 of them, and really like 1. Give it a shot, but try a few instructors before you draw your final conclusion.

It's not riding your bike outside. Like most things, you get out what you put in. I really enjoy it....as a workout.

It's not for everyone.

It was for experience only. I usually work during the times they have the classes (weekday mornings- it's a wives-and-retired-men sort of thing, I gather), but the wife has wanted me to go forever and as of yesterday afternoon I didn't have anything on my plate for this morning. But, as fate would have it, I had three new contracts needing writing as of 8pm last night, so I've been glued to my desk since 6 this morning.

It's cool.. gotta pay dem bills. Gotta save up for a bigger house- have 6 kids in a three bedroom right now. Maybe the wife and I can spend a half a day together next year. :help:

ultraman6970
11-18-2014, 05:29 PM
Ultra dont want to go to spin classes because i don't want to have the instructor to have a mental breakdown to figure it out how an fat old man can spin so fast and keep with him and his abs w/o any problems :D

Limonade
11-18-2014, 07:27 PM
PI work harder and get more out of an hour of spin class than I ever would stationary cycling alone. I'm just not willing to make myself that uncomfortable alone-- whether its the crowd influence, or the music, or a good instructional plan, it works.

This is pretty much the reason I started doing crossfit [queue the haters]. It was more about pushing myself harder/further in a crowd than I would normally by myself. I enjoyed spin for the short while I participated, but found that I really ride because I enjoy the outdoors, moreso than riding to improve my performance as a rider.
I only took spin classes at a local community gym, so the instruction was more geared toward exercise than it was about form or performance. Are there spin classes geared towards actually improving performance?

sfscott
11-18-2014, 08:18 PM
I own a spin studio. Also have Lagree Megaformer workouts. Check out Megaformer. It will kill you