PDA

View Full Version : how to correct slalom riding

bironi
02-27-2006, 03:11 PM
I am wondering if some fitters in the crowd can give me a solution to something I have seen in my group rides over a number of years. Occasionally I find myself on the wheel of someone who does not put his or her machine straight up the road; instead they weave the bike forward like a snake traveling a tight slalom course. A woman rode like this for years, and then a couple years back got a bike fit on the same frame she always rode, and suddenly he was rolling straight down the road. What adjustment do you think the fitter made to correct her line? Whatever it was made an amazing difference. I would like to pass on the recommendation to another riding buddy.

Sometimes I think it would be nice if people could see how they appear from the wheel behind.

Ray
02-27-2006, 03:16 PM
I don't know what I'm talking about, but it sure sounds like they got more weight on the front wheel whether by moving the bars forward/down and/or the saddle forward/up.

-Ray

manet
02-27-2006, 03:24 PM
I am wondering if some fitters in the crowd can give me a solution to something I have seen in my group rides over a number of years. Occasionally I find myself on the wheel of someone who does not put his or her machine straight up the road; instead they weave the bike forward like a snake traveling a tight slalom course. A woman rode like this for years, and then a couple years back got a bike fit on the same frame she always rode, and suddenly he was rolling straight down the road. What adjustment do you think the fitter made to correct her line? Whatever it was made an amazing difference. I would like to pass on the recommendation to another riding buddy.

Sometimes I think it would be nice if people could see how they appear from the wheel behind.

lower saddle?

satty tune
02-27-2006, 03:25 PM
manet's impression may be right. Hip rocking can be induced from the saddle being too high. I've seen some folks swerve a bit from the hip rocking.

Kevan
02-27-2006, 03:30 PM
I was thinking saddle height adjustment and a longer stem.

Oh, and someone to yell at'm to hold their line, stressing the importance.

David Kirk
02-27-2006, 03:35 PM
why correct it? It sounds like this person is riding further than anyone else in the group in the same period of time.........therefore she is faster!

that said it sounds like saddle height.

Dave

satty tune
02-27-2006, 03:39 PM
why correct it? It sounds like this person is riding further than anyone else in the group in the same period of time.........therefore she is faster!

that said it sounds like saddle height.

Dave

POTP, in my ho.

Very funny.