PDA

View Full Version : Sidi Wire Fit

r_mutt
07-22-2014, 10:00 AM
there are internet rumors saying that the notorious narrow toe fit that sidi is famous does not apply to the new sidi wire shoes. any truth to this?

specialized changed their toe box on the s-works shoe, and what was once a perfect fit in now a pain in the toe.

looking for a replacement.

eippo1
07-22-2014, 10:58 AM
there are internet rumors saying that the notorious narrow toe fit that sidi is famous does not apply to the new sidi wire shoes. any truth to this?

specialized changed their toe box on the s-works shoe, and what was once a perfect fit in now a pain in the toe.

Yes and no. I have a pair of Ergo 2's and the Wires. The Wires do have more room, but use the Specialized footbeds for both. I use the middle one for both and am comfortable. I tried out the narrow Wires, but were too narrow. In the end, the extra room is actually helpful for and my high instep and the Wires can be cinched down really far to minimize the room.

r_mutt
07-22-2014, 04:02 PM
Yes and no. I have a pair of Ergo 2's and the Wires. The Wires do have more room, but use the Specialized footbeds for both. I use the middle one for both and am comfortable. I tried out the narrow Wires, but were too narrow. In the end, the extra room is actually helpful for and my high instep and the Wires can be cinched down really far to minimize the room.

i have a slightly wide foot so the extra room in the toe box is appreciated. Specialized narrowed the toe box and the mid as well. not nice!

Mikej
07-22-2014, 05:33 PM
Try the search

Gat64
07-22-2014, 07:39 PM

I have been using Ergo 1s and 3s and I have triple E width feet and I find the fit great. When I first tried Sidis, I assumed they would be narrow, but the rumours are not true!

Pushgears
07-23-2014, 04:51 AM
I was able to go down 1/2 size in the Wires from the Ergo 2. The 1/2 sizes seem to provide the toe space of the next full size. I needed a larger (i.e. longer) size in the Ergo 2 to have enough toe space. The Wires have a larger toe box so a 46.5 fits well.

pdmtong
07-23-2014, 08:10 AM
Do a search. I wrote up a pretty extensive wire fit observation and comparison to ergo 2 a year ago

zap
07-23-2014, 08:50 AM
I did not notice a change in fit/size (other than old v new feel) from my now retired ergo1's to wire. I still use an earlier Genius as well. All with spec insole.