PDA

View Full Version : Omega Pharma Quick Step name change

Md3000
07-22-2014, 09:26 AM
It took me a year to be able to say OMEGAPHARMAQUICKSTEP in 1 breath, and now I have to practice pronouncing 2 X's and a Q with Team Etixx Quick Step in 2015

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/new-name-for-omega-pharma-quick-step-in-2015

MattTuck
07-22-2014, 11:45 AM
They really need to get the team structure under control. This scramble for sponsors every few years is disruptive and makes any fan allegiance to a team kind of difficult.

Bring back Euskaltel!

Lewis Moon
07-22-2014, 11:51 AM
They really need to get the team structure under control. This scramble for sponsors every few years is disruptive and makes any fan allegiance to a team kind of difficult.

Bring back Euskaltel!

More Russian Oligarchs! They're pretty stable, huh? At least until someone jabs them with a Polonium tipped umbrella or throws them in prison....

alessandro
07-22-2014, 11:55 AM

Bring back Euskaltel!

Same sponsor, no scramble. Etixx is a subsidiary of Omega Pharma.

MattTuck
07-22-2014, 11:57 AM
Yep. Vaughters has articulated the best plan that I've heard. Basically a league structure like most other sports where revenues are shared. So that teams can actually capture some of the value from TV broadcasts and aren't so reliant on title sponsors.

MattTuck
07-22-2014, 12:01 PM
Same sponsor, no scramble. Etixx is a subsidiary of Omega Pharma.

As was Predictor, Silence and Davitamon... Perhaps the Red Sox should change to a different red article of clothing every few years :rolleyes: