PDA

View Full Version : Knee Issues

Rpoole8537
07-21-2014, 07:33 PM
I leave the east cost in six days for a week of road biking in Colorado. All of the sudden, my knees are aching, specifically the patella tendons. I switched my Looks for some Ritchey SPD's because I thought they would be more conducive to walking around. The Q value should be wider which is typically not an issue. Should I lower the seat? Thanks for ideas!

CunegoFan
07-21-2014, 07:44 PM
Maybe you should go back to the Looks and get some cleat covers.

cnighbor1
07-21-2014, 11:06 PM
I leave the east cost in six days for a week of road biking in Colorado. All of the sudden, my knees are aching, specifically the patella tendons. I switched my Looks for some Ritchey SPD's because I thought they would be more conducive to walking around. The Q value should be wider which is typically not an issue. Should I lower the seat? Thanks for ideas!

if knees didn't hurt before go back to original set up
and get those look cleat cover
I rode in CO with 900 other riders and their road gravel shoulders were tearing up cleats alot
Mechanic's carry a lot of replacement cleats
Knees strceating works also

Louis
07-21-2014, 11:19 PM
Whatever you do, don't make a bunch of changes right before a big ride or series of rides. Go back to what's worked before.

Walking like a duck is part of the fun of being a cyclist. ;)

rustychisel
07-21-2014, 11:36 PM
Whatever you do, don't make a bunch of changes right before a big ride or series of rides. Go back to what's worked before.

absolutely right. Get the cleat angle precisely as it was though, 1/2º off is a recipe for bad times with my knees (partly why I switched to Keywin).

oldpotatoe
07-22-2014, 07:23 AM
Maybe you should go back to the Looks and get some cleat covers.

bing, bing, bing, we have a winner!!!