PDA

View Full Version : OT: Battered Bastards of Baseball - Documentary

Kirk Pacenti
07-21-2014, 10:21 AM
I am not a baseball fan, but what a fantastic film. I thoroughly enjoyed it and recommend it highly. 5 stars!

http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/70299904

Cheers,
KP

lil_champ
07-21-2014, 10:26 AM
Agreed. Great movie- one of those stories that you can't believe isn't scripted. If baseball was more like the Portland Mavericks, maybe more of us would still be fans.

Kirk Pacenti
07-21-2014, 12:33 PM
Agreed. Great movie- one of those stories that you can't believe isn't scripted. If baseball was more like the Portland Mavericks, maybe more of us would still be fans.

Yes truth, if not stranger, can certainly be more interesting than fiction.

wc1934
07-21-2014, 01:45 PM
I love baseball (and never heard of it), so thanks for the heads up.

Rebel_Biker
07-21-2014, 11:48 PM
I am not a baseball fan, but what a fantastic film. I thoroughly enjoyed it and recommend it highly. 5 stars!

http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/70299904

Cheers,
KP

thank you for posting this
i thought it was going to be about the steroid era guys
i had no idea about this story, even thought i read bouton's book

great watch for any baseball fan

Rada
07-21-2014, 11:55 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Baseball was my first love.

Kirk Pacenti
07-22-2014, 06:26 AM
thank you for posting this
i thought it was going to be about the steroid era guys
i had no idea about this story, even thought i read bouton's book

great watch for any baseball fan

Agreed, I think any real fan of the game would love this movie. I also thought it was a great case study in having a vision, doing things you're own way, making a ruckus, challenging the status quo - and winning! Bing Russell was way ahead of his time when it comes to marketing too. Lot's of great takeaways from this one.

Cheers,
KP

Rebel_Biker
07-22-2014, 08:18 AM
Agreed, I think any real fan of the game would love this movie. I also thought it was a great case study in having a vision, doing things you're own way, making a ruckus, challenging the status quo - and winning! Bing Russell was way ahead of his time when it comes to marketing too. Lot's of great takeaways from this one.

Cheers,
KP

Yes
Not a coincidence that Bill Veek, an outside the box owner, took a shot on Bouton as well.

Growing up in fairfield county, Reggie Jackson was my favorite player. Bing created his own Reggie in Portland. That was brilliant.

Kirk Pacenti
07-22-2014, 08:40 AM
...Growing up in fairfield county....

As in Connecticut?

Rebel_Biker
07-22-2014, 09:07 AM
Stamford

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Kirk Pacenti
07-22-2014, 02:19 PM
Stamford

Stratford for me.

Rebel_Biker
07-22-2014, 10:47 PM
Stratford for me.

small world
when i first moved back to work in NYC, I lived with my sister on West Broad street
That was a tough commute to Manhattan