PDA

View Full Version : 7900 shifters install/set up tips needed

Matthew
07-21-2014, 08:41 AM
Getting some 7900 shifters in the mail today. Looking for install tips like best way to run the cables such as in front or behind the bars and any front derailleur set up hints for the best shifting. I am coming from 7800 parts. I am using Ritchey WCS aluminum bars and Jagwire cables. For the front der. do I run it perfectly parallel with the chainrings or tilted slightly outward like I did with the 7800 stuff? And correct me if I am wrong is there no trimming option with 7900 shifters? Thanks a million, Matthew.

oldpotatoe
07-21-2014, 09:28 AM
Getting some 7900 shifters in the mail today. Looking for install tips like best way to run the cables such as in front or behind the bars and any front derailleur set up hints for the best shifting. I am coming from 7800 parts. I am using Ritchey WCS aluminum bars and Jagwire cables. For the front der. do I run it perfectly parallel with the chainrings or tilted slightly outward like I did with the 7800 stuff? And correct me if I am wrong is there no trimming option with 7900 shifters? Thanks a million, Matthew.

Fder set up same as 7800. IME housing behind hbars makes for better shifting. Also 5mm housing and metal ferrules(brass best).

shovelhd
07-21-2014, 12:55 PM
Agree with OP except I set up the FD parallel. No trim.