PDA

View Full Version : Flatlander...

Kevan
07-20-2014, 05:48 PM
Hi guys n' gals,

I'm back! On a bike again, finally. Oh, I'm woefully weak in my riding, but I'm doing my fitness climb, gaining back my legs, butt, shoulders and arms. Everything hurts after doing a simple 30 miles. Downright pitiful. It's sad.

So…to my Maryland pals…I've joined you. I now live on the eastern shore, in Easton. Moved here at the end of April. My wife and I found a restored 1805 garage (ok, a horse stable in its time) to call home. The riding has been mostly weekend aimed, as we work the week fixing up the joint mostly. I love the fact that a quarter mile out of town I'm into the farm country. I liken it slightly to DBRK's neighborhood, just deflated. As in… flat. Laughably flat. So flat, there's no coasting here. Don't pedal, fall over, simple as that.

I need to find me a local bunch of guys to road wrestle, kick my arse, so I can eventually return the favor.

I'm still with the Calfee and the Ebisu I got from DBRK, and both get their turn to tour the surrounding countryside.

I hope all of you guys are doing well, I sent my best to Ken.

I'll try to get back into in the practice of visiting here.

Best,

Kevan

AngryScientist
07-20-2014, 05:59 PM
Kevan- get a fixie! Makes riding without any hills a bit more of a challenge, and you won't forget to pedal:)

rounder
07-20-2014, 06:22 PM
Kevan, welcome back.

Greetings from Harford County Maryland. It is rolling here with lots of rural. Let me know if you would ever like to go for a ride where you can coast down hills.

Len J
07-20-2014, 06:48 PM
I lived in Easton for 10 years before we moved to Indiana.

Go to Bike Doctor of Easton, ask for Paul, tell him I sent you. He'll hook you up w some rides. Good guy.

Beautiful place to ride.

Len

Kevan
09-16-2014, 02:04 PM
Hey Len,

I met Paul, nice guy. Thanks!

Bruce K
09-16-2014, 02:10 PM
:banana::banana::banana:

BK

gasman
09-16-2014, 02:58 PM
Great to have you back !!

Climb01742
09-16-2014, 03:45 PM
Kevan,

Welcome back. Always great to see a familiar 'face'.

Hope your riding goes well.

Ken Robb
09-16-2014, 05:20 PM
you got DBRK's orange ebisu?

Kevan
09-21-2014, 08:19 PM
Hi guys,

It's fun to reconnect. Yep, still enjoying the Ebisu. Still enjoying the Calfee too. At this point, even it feels like I'm riding an old classsic.

The Easton roads are awesome and I've discovered that eastern shore headwind. She can be a bitch!

Keith A
09-21-2014, 10:00 PM
Welcome home Kevan! Now what did you do with Sandy?