PDA

View Full Version : Bar Tape -- What's the most popular in the TDF

Tommasini53
07-19-2014, 01:25 PM
the pros are on their bikes all day. Have forumites seen any articles on the most popular bar tape in the pro peloton??

I've seen a striped bar tape on several teams. I don't know what brand it is.

EDS
07-19-2014, 04:26 PM
the pros are on their bikes all day. Have forumites seen any articles on the most popular bar tape in the pro peloton??

I've seen a striped bar tape on several teams. I don't know what brand it is.

They use what their team sponsors provide.

bikinchris
07-19-2014, 05:31 PM

This

Don't ever buy anything because tour riders use it. They use what the sponsors say to use. They also change tape often and wash it daily.

LJohnny
07-19-2014, 05:56 PM
some request double wrap as well...

IIRC Cadel Evans likes the double wrap.

kgreene10
07-19-2014, 06:37 PM
some request double wrap as well...

IIRC Cadel Evans likes the double wrap.

He also chops (er, has his mechanic chop) about 2cm off the ends of his bars. I don't quite understand why given the UCI weight minimum, but maybe it's just something he got used to.

bikinchris
07-19-2014, 06:50 PM
He also chops (er, has his mechanic chop) about 2cm off the ends of his bars. I don't quite understand why given the UCI weight minimum, but maybe it's just something he got used to.

I bet he pedals in a way that might hit the ends of the bars when he stands. Odd, but it's the only thing I can think of.

kramnnim
07-19-2014, 07:03 PM

They've been known to use what they want and cover up the logos on non sponsored items... Unlikely for bar tape, though.

Gummee
07-19-2014, 08:41 PM

You used to have to do that when you ran barcons. Nowadays? No idea

M

Ahneida Ride
07-20-2014, 09:59 AM
HandleBra.... of course what else ? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: