PDA

View Full Version : TDF streaming access

54ny77
07-18-2014, 08:06 AM
Is it me or is there an INSANE amount of popup ads on sportlemon.tv, one of which appears to be a fake Adobe flash viewer/media player program?

I had to disable a couple of adblocker programs in order to watch the streaming video, because there was a large square smack in the middle of the image that wouldn't go away.

Any better sources of streaming video?

kramnnim
07-18-2014, 08:09 AM
I don't have issues with most of the frombar/sportlemon streams using Chrome and Adblock Plus. The first link is usually the one that works the best...has a leton or vipi watermark.

54ny77
07-18-2014, 08:11 AM
interesting highlight from this morning is that they dump water from a tanker truck on the roads on hot days before the peloton rolls through, in order to try & cool down the roads a bit.

Alan
07-18-2014, 08:13 AM
They list several links and some work better than others. Never download anything from these sites as it is know problems. Try watching full screen as this seems to get rid of some of the junk.

Alan

54ny77
07-18-2014, 08:16 AM
i use firefox and the image is choppy.

just opened up chrome and connected through frombar and the image much cleaner. same ads (i turned off adblocker due to the issues i was having in firefox).

thanks for the tip.

I don't have issues with most of the frombar/sportlemon streams using Chrome and Adblock Plus. The first link is usually the one that works the best...has a leton or vipi watermark.

Elefantino
07-18-2014, 08:38 AM
If you have SopCast, you can get a great HD picture from EuroSport. Right now it's on channel 173000.

paulh
07-18-2014, 08:55 AM
If you have SopCast, you can get a great HD picture from EuroSport. Right now it's on channel 173000.

Interesting. I've been using Hola to fool them into thinking my computer is in the UK. Does this work without that? Does it work on a Mac? Thanks.

Elefantino
07-18-2014, 09:16 AM
Works just fine on my MBpro.

dnades
07-18-2014, 09:43 AM
How long does sopcast take to install on a mac? I have the sopcast window up but I get a spinning clock on the left side where the channels should be and just an icon on the right side. Any help would be appreciated. Downloaded version 1.3.5 dmg for a mac running os 10.6.8.

Got it to work. Any idea what channel europsport is on? 173000 does not come up in the channel window.

yoshirider
07-18-2014, 12:00 PM
Thanks to the modern browser you can easily remove all ads and whatever else you wish from the page. Here's how:

Instructions for Firefox/Chrome
1. Once you know the video is streaming correctly, right click the 2 box ads in the middle of the video and select the option "Inspect element" from the menu.
2. Mouseover the node (HTML element) that is highlighted in the new Inspector pop up/window. You should see the container on the page that corresponds to that node become highlighted. If it is not the right node, look a few nodes up and look for a node that says IFRAME or has something that says "timer" and select it.
3. Make sure this is the node you want to remove from the page.
4. Hit the DEL key from your keyboard or right click the node in the Inspector and click Delete node. Delete all nodes that say "timer" in it.
5. Repeat this for the other ads visible on the page.
6. Voila! The ad is gone! But wait... you're not done yet.
7. The page will still force pop up ads when you click somewhere on the page. To remove the pop up ads, look at ALL the nodes in the Inspector and delete the ones that say "javascript".

Instructions for IE
1. Pretty much the same as above, but instead of right clicking page, hit the F12 button to open the Developer Tools window.
2. To easily find a node on the page, use the "Select element by click" tool (CTRL + B) to use your mouse on the page to highlight the node you want.
3. The rest is the same.

lil_champ
07-20-2014, 04:51 PM
Cyclingfans is my go-to. It just takes a few seconds to get rid of the ads. I need to check out what Sopcast is though.

weisan
07-20-2014, 05:06 PM
Normally, I am a steephill.TV/cyclngfans kinda guy. But this year, I bit the bullet and paid up for the NBC android app. One of the best 15 bucks I have used. Zero issue. No looking back. Predictable, dependable, watch anytime I want. The tour is far from over...enough left to justify paying for it, IMO.

kramnnim
07-20-2014, 05:14 PM
Thanks for mentioning Sopcast...I'd seen it, but not tried it. When it worked, it looked very nice.

pbarry
07-20-2014, 05:18 PM
The TDF and NBC apps are worth every nickel, and you can replay any stage later.

kramnnim
07-20-2014, 05:29 PM
But they have Phil and Paul. :eek:

pbarry
07-20-2014, 08:13 PM
Just turn down the volume and think of Sean Kelly mumbing. ;)

rallizes
07-20-2014, 08:39 PM
The TDF and NBC apps are worth every nickel, and you can replay any stage later.

How 'later' can you replay stages? That is, how long does one have access to the content?

pbarry
07-20-2014, 08:49 PM
Not sure on the expiration date. Fine print will tell you. Just started Stage 1, (to check), on NBC and it's rolling.

lil_champ
07-20-2014, 10:00 PM
I know it's kind of blasphemous as an American cycling fan, but I actually prefer the commentators on Eurosport to Phil and Paul. I can't understand Sean Kelly half of the time, but I like their input better. Phil and Paul get a little too overdramatic at times.