PDA

View Full Version : Cycle computer - Wahoo RFLKT

Beldar77
07-17-2014, 07:02 PM
I was considering getting this Wahoo RFLKT (http://www.wahoofitness.com/devices/wahoo-rflkt-iphone-powered-bike-computer.html) as the display for my iphone / strava as my cycle computer. Mounting the iphone is not as appealing to me due to the sheer size of the phone versus a traditional cycle computer (I have a cateye on my current bike.)

After 9 years I am finally adding another bike. I am going to keep the cateye on the old bike and am looking for options on this new one. I like Strava but want an easier on the eyes display then mounting the phone. Does anyone have any experience with the Wahoo? Plus, one downside to Strava (as far as I know) is that current speed is not displayed on the app even if the phone were mounted on the bars. Wahoo has a sensor you can add for this. does anyone have any experience with that?

Any thoughts or guidance? Thanks.

Chris
07-17-2014, 07:24 PM
Do it. I dare you.

dekindy
07-17-2014, 09:20 PM
What does RFLKT stand for?

kramnnim
07-17-2014, 09:24 PM
Reflect, since it displays the data that is on the phone.

Rekalcitrant
07-17-2014, 10:59 PM
I have been using one for about a month and am not as impressed as I was hoping I would be. The integration with Strava isn't great because you can't customize what info is displayed. My first battery ran down very quickly and it was a pain to replace. Sometimes it takes ages to connect and on occasion doesn't find my ANT+ speed/cadence sensor. I think the battery issue might have been from riding in the rain; I think the unit isn't as weather proof as it looks. I'm hoping Strava will improve how their iphone app interacts with the RFLKT. Right now I am wishing I had purchased a cateye strada smart instead.

JWDR
07-17-2014, 11:43 PM
I've used my RFKT with my iPhone 5s since November as the only computer on my bike. I bought it off eBay for $60 or so and really like it I only use the Wahoo App to track my data and then transfer it to Strava. I've contemplated upgrading to the RFKT plus and a speed sensor to see if it would increase the accuracy of my data especially in the portion of my rides that have a poor GPS view.

Beldar77
07-18-2014, 02:23 PM
I might just keep the phone in the pocket and use Strava that way and use a simple bike computer for "real time" info. for the time being. It does not appear that neither the RFLKT or the "smart" cateye is a huge step up currently.

Thanks for the replies.

pro12tc
07-18-2014, 03:15 PM
I have the RFLKT+ and I love it. But I generally don't use it with Strava, because Strava doesn't let you customize what stats are displayed on the RFKLT and Strava is a battery hog.

I use it with Cyclemeter instead. You can customize the screens that are displayed on the RFLKT+ and Cyclemeter will automatically upload your ride to Strava when you're done (and your cardio/calories to MyFitnessPal as well). Cyclemeter used in conjunction with the RFLKT+ doesn't burn my battery anywhere near as fast as Strava. And I don't see that it's any less accurate.

I mount the RFLKT with the Tate Labs BarFly 2.0 which I'd also recommend:
http://www.amazon.com/Bar-Fly-2-0-Bicycle-Computer/dp/B00CQNJB0Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1405714465&sr=8-1&keywords=garmin+bike+mount+2.0

Good luck!