PDA

View Full Version : Charleston

Jason E
07-17-2014, 02:27 PM
I'm going to be doing some work down there and staying at a hotel near the airport.

Tanger outlet Drive, or something like that.

Any tips for links or routes where I can grab the safe 20 miles or so? I do not mind driving a little bit. I am going to need a little clear my head time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bcroslin
07-17-2014, 02:36 PM
I was told there is a morning ride that starts at the Trek store in Mt Pleasant and goes out to Sullivan's Island and back.

Joachim
07-17-2014, 02:48 PM
You will have to drive if you are staying there. You can take I-526 and head to Sullivans or Ilse of Palms, park there and ride a few miles. You can also drive down town and park at the Battery, ride down East Bay street and over the Ravenel bridge to Mount Pleasant and from there to Sullivans. I work in downtown Charleston and you are welcome to ride with me over to Sullivans one day.

rab
07-18-2014, 12:23 AM
Agree with others - head out to Mt Pleasant and maybe try to string something together incorporating the Isle of Palms connector and 704/Palm Blvd which runs through IOP and Sullivan's Island, make a loop with Rifle Range Rd and perhaps branch off that a little more, maybe through Park West/Dunes West blvds.
Barrier Islands and connectors probably be busy with the summer tourist crowds but you can avoid that with earlier morning rides.

Also maybe check out the Coastal Cyclists or this group:
http://03200a3.netsolhost.com/WordPress/clubteam-weekly-rides/

Good luck!

lookout2015
07-18-2014, 06:37 AM
In addition to what others have suggested, the eastern end of the Palmetto Trail is nearby. It's mostly fast (and a little rough) singletrack with interesting scenery -- so if you want something a bit different you could bring something sturdy with wider tires and go hit that.