PDA

View Full Version : Our very OWN Ugly Jersey Contest! . . .

BumbleBeeDave
03-14-2004, 01:04 PM
OK, so are we gonna let all these AMATEURS on the RBR forum think they have a lock on pure stomach churning, teeth-gnashing, retina-scarring UGLINESS in bike fashion?

NO! :argue:

Are we gonna just sit around on our lycra-clad heinies doing NOTHING while they define the the next big “look” after day-glo helmet covers?

NO! :argue:

Or are we gonna look in our closets, our own basements, and in the darkest depths of our cycling souls--and sock drawers--and find the absolute WORST jerseys ever printed on synthetic materials!

YES! YES, we ARE!! :beer:

GO! GO! GO! GO!

BBDave

BumbleBeeDave
03-14-2004, 01:05 PM
This is THE STANDARD! The worst I have ever seen! (Well, maybe.)

BBD

BumbleBeeDave
03-14-2004, 01:07 PM
They actually PAID somebody to come up with this eye-catching(???) Combo?!?!?! :rolleyes:

BBDave

BumbleBeeDave
03-14-2004, 01:10 PM
Ouch!

BumbleBeeDave
03-14-2004, 01:11 PM
Please. Make. It. STOPPPPPP!!!

M_A_Martin
03-14-2004, 01:29 PM
These are all from your own personal collection

Aren't they...

Go on...admit it, you have ugly jerseys in your closet
I hear that's the first step to recovery.
Its ok Dave...we still love you.

BumbleBeeDave
03-14-2004, 01:46 PM
. . . they are all from eBay. I was saving MY own personal “Hall of Shame” fashion show for Owner’s Weekend! :rolleyes:

BBDave

hypnos
03-14-2004, 01:48 PM
The black and white kit is not so bad.

shinomaster
03-14-2004, 01:55 PM
I'm thinking of getting one of last years zebra Cippollini jerseys just to annoy people.

Kevin
03-14-2004, 02:36 PM
BBDave,

Wearing the orange zebra while you ride the Queen Bee could cause motion sickness for your fellow riders. Just think you could win every race.

Kevin

BumbleBeeDave
03-14-2004, 04:42 PM
Why bother? I already win every race! :banana:

BBDave :beer:

Kevin
03-14-2004, 07:14 PM
BBDave,

If you only race Sandy you will never improve.

Kevin

M_A_Martin
03-14-2004, 07:22 PM
(Dave HAS the whole zebra kit...)

Climb01742
03-14-2004, 07:42 PM
what's so bad about the first one, the black + white swirl thing? kinda cool. bbdave, when did you become mr. blackwell? :p

Smiley
03-14-2004, 08:01 PM
Don't you dare wear any of this sh*t when down in the Merryland area. It will kill our chances of fixing you up with any babes on bikes (Got any fashion suggestions for BeeMan Ginger ).

Russ
03-14-2004, 09:25 PM
That one is really good to make your riding buddies get dizzy and fall off their bilkes.... Confess BBD, that's why you win all the time!

Man, just looking at it here on the forum made me d i z z zz z zzz zy.

BumbleBeeDave
03-15-2004, 07:42 AM
I don’t claim to be any expert on fashion. But I know what I like and what looks just hopelessly Phred to me, and I was hoping others would share their awful jersey nominees and we could all get a laugh out of it. No offense was intended to any individual, which is what Mr. Blackwell does . . .

BBDave

Ozz
03-15-2004, 07:46 AM
BBD,

You should pass the first jersey - the "hypnotic" one - onto hypnos!

Climb01742
03-15-2004, 07:48 AM
bbdave,
my post, and reference to mr blackwell, were both meant with tongue firmly in cheek. i meant absolutely zero criticism of you or the thread. i think the thread is pretty funny. hey, i wear a polti jersey from a few years ago, which is UGLY, so believe me, i have no room to critique. cheers!!!!:banana:

Ginger
03-15-2004, 08:38 AM
Smiley:
No, I have no fashion advice for Dave...I LIKE ugly jerseys! Uglier the better, LOUD so I can be seen on the road, UGLY so that the motorist leaves me alone (nobody messes with ANYONE who wears one of those ugly jerseys...the motorist knows that you just "aren't right" when you're wearing an ugly jersey), ugly so I don't care if I tear them up when I crash my mountain bike...

Riding on the road isn't a fashion contest, its a visibility contest!

That could explain why single men on bikes want nothing to do with me...their loss.

I'm just kidding actually...Other than my club jersey (purple and yellow) and one particular TOSRV jersey I'm not sure I have any really ugly jerseys in my closet...

csb
03-15-2004, 08:43 AM
you better look again_sans style sandy may be lurking in
your closet

i might add : you all may have 'good' material for a new ugly jersey
in those smileyfacedwallhittingorbheadedwallmart animations tacked
on to your postings

BumbleBeeDave
03-15-2004, 08:54 AM
. . . a fine line between ugliness and effectiveness as far as riding kit is concerned. There is unusual and effectively visible, and then there is just plain ugly. And just like obscenity as defined by the Supreme Court, I can't defiune "ugly", but I sure know it when I see it.

I like the Aqua&Sapone/Domina Vacanze stripes because they are unusual and visible, especially the thicker, bolder Domina stripes that are visible farther away. I think the very fact that everyone seems to remember the kit, whether they love it or hate it, really shows that it's effective for the sponsor.

The Cannondale Chain Gang kit, though, may be visible, but it just looks too hypnotic and like a great big target--not good riding down the road with giant cars hurtling toward you until the last second.

The siemens kit is just plain boring. Sponsors names too small to be visible, no bright colors . . . Blah!

Surely some other folks have some pics to post of what they feel are really UGLEEE or really effective jerseys . . . . that was the whole intention of starting the thread.

BBDave

PS . . . Climb . . . no offense taken!--BBD

Tom
03-15-2004, 12:11 PM
No pun intended. Even BBDave doesn't have anything this hideous.

Tom
03-15-2004, 12:12 PM
Here's number two

BumbleBeeDave
03-15-2004, 12:13 PM
. . . in catalogs for several years, so SOMEBODY must buy them!

But I agree--Yuck!

BBDave

Tom
03-15-2004, 12:13 PM
No sir, I don't like it. I don't like it at all.