PDA

View Full Version : G3 Road disc hub?

firerescuefin
07-14-2014, 12:26 PM
Does such a thing exist. Looking for one. I tried using the Google machine to no avail.

TIA

Geoff

wallymann
07-14-2014, 12:55 PM
Does such a thing exist. Looking for one. I tried using the Google machine to no avail.

TIA

Geoff

assuming you mean a *powertap* G3 disc hub, any disc hub will be 135mm spacing so Road = MTB and thus the answer is yes.

http://www.powertap.com/products/mtb-disc-hub

firerescuefin
07-14-2014, 01:47 PM
assuming you mean a *powertap* G3 disc hub, any disc hub will be 135mm spacing so Road = MTB and thus the answer is yes.

http://www.powertap.com/products/mtb-disc-hub

I did see that. I already have an SRM, so don't want to pay the premium for the PT hub.

wallymann
07-14-2014, 02:01 PM
I did see that. I already have an SRM, so don't want to pay the premium for the PT hub.

ah, why the need for G3?

if you have an SRM then any disc freehub would do fine, then.

firerescuefin
07-14-2014, 02:16 PM
ah, why the need for G3?

if you have an SRM then any disc freehub would do fine, then.

Looking at doing a road-disc and thinking about re-lacing some Bora wheels with disc hubs.

oldpotatoe
07-14-2014, 02:28 PM
Looking at doing a road-disc and thinking about re-lacing some Bora wheels with disc hubs.

G3 lacing? nope, no G3/disc wheels.

ergott
07-14-2014, 02:31 PM
A rear 28 spoke hub could work. Problem is that the Bora wheel is a triplet pattern with only half the spokes on the disc side of the hub. I wouldn't build that pattern to a disc brake wheel where braking torque is an issue.

With the front rim being only 16 spokes you will have strength issues there too. That wheelset was never intended to be set up for disc brakes. Don't ruin a really nice set of wheels. Find something else.

firerescuefin
07-14-2014, 02:33 PM
Eric, Thanks for stopping me from going down that rabbithole.

A rear 28 spoke hub could work. Problem is that the Bora wheel is a triplet pattern with only half the spokes on the disc side of the hub. I wouldn't build that pattern to a disc brake wheel where braking torque is an issue.

With the front rim being only 16 spokes you will have strength issues there too. That wheelset was never intended to be set up for disc brakes. Don't ruin a really nice set of wheels. Find something else.