PDA

View Full Version : Bastille Day TdF newsflash: good stage - (spoilers)

FastforaSlowGuy
07-14-2014, 08:06 AM
LeTour tour tracker says he abandoned today.

Inrng saying the same thing.

Edit: adding the spoiler alert because of other name mentions in here. (Love Teddy, but I don't consider his abandonment a spoiler.)

holliscx
07-14-2014, 08:27 AM
Don't be fooled he's just tapering for #200NotOn100

bikerboy337
07-14-2014, 08:36 AM
was really pulling for him... heard the same thing on the TV coverage...

gavingould
07-14-2014, 09:00 AM
some other guy just climbed into the car too. (no spoiler)

oldpotatoe
07-14-2014, 09:03 AM
LeTour tour tracker says he abandoned today.

Inrng saying the same thing.

Time limit or voluntary? Nannying, no time to watch. If it's a spoiler, PM me. I know he was 'competing' for latern rouge.

Tim522
07-14-2014, 09:03 AM
and contador :(

oldpotatoe
07-14-2014, 09:09 AM
and contador :(

???????? Yikes, spoiler alert?????

PQJ
07-14-2014, 09:11 AM
Yip. And Contador. This is now, officially, a really crappy tour.

Shortsocks
07-14-2014, 09:13 AM
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/alberto-contador-out-of-the-tour-de-france

Crazy.

Vientomas
07-14-2014, 09:14 AM
Yip. And Contador. This is now, officially, a really crappy tour.

Or, it could be quite interesting with no clear favorite.

brownm68
07-14-2014, 09:14 AM
Hate to be the bearer of bad news. Cyclingnews has just reported that Contador has crashed out of the Tour. Really unfortunate...

wallymann
07-14-2014, 09:15 AM
CONTADOR OUT!!!

who's left? nibali is the man, now.

and gallopin will probably spend more than a few days in yellow now.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/alberto-contador-out-of-the-tour-de-france

jpritchet74
07-14-2014, 09:18 AM
I can't even remember the last time that multiple TdF favorites have crashed out of the Tour. What a crazy year. Who was the last big favorite to crash out? Tyler Hamilton the year that he was busted for his disappearing twin?

PQJ
Or, it could be quite interesting with no clear favorite.

The racing could still be interesting, no doubt. But with the 2 GC favorites now out - before any real GC racing - and Cavendish long gone, it's not my cup of tea.

LJohnny
Hate to be the bearer of bad news. Cyclingnews has just reported that Contador has crashed out of the Tour. Really unfortunate...

The crash was not on live TV. Reportedly his bike split in half. Details are murky at best ATM whether it was the result of the crash or the reason for the crash.

After that he tried to catch up to the peloton, then abandoned.

ALSO how about a spoiler notice on the thread header?

AngryScientist
07-14-2014, 09:20 AM
merged these threads. thanks for the spoiler dude.

Shortsocks
07-14-2014, 09:20 AM
The crash was not on live TV. Reportedly his bike split in half. Details are murky at best ATM whether it was the result of the crash or the reason for the crash.

After that he tried to catch up to the peloton, then abandoned.

ALSO how about a spoiler notice on the thread header?

Split in half? Can we sue Specialized now? :banana:

texbike
07-14-2014, 09:21 AM
Man, that really sucks. I'm not a huge fan of his, but hope that he recovers quickly.

So, who's the money on at this point?

lhuerta
07-14-2014, 09:22 AM
Can we ban people from this group for such inconsiderate and blatant SPOILER posts..!!??

Or at least take them out in the virtual backyard and give them a virtual beating...

lou

kramnnim
07-14-2014, 09:30 AM
The thread title is a spoiler and many would probably appreciate if it was edited...

Anyway, I'm gutted. And my fantasy teams are all in shambles now. (#fwp)

Uncle Jam's Army
07-14-2014, 09:34 AM
I'm finding it hard to believe a frame snapped in half just rolling along in the peloton. Can anyone confirm what caused the crash?

Bob Ross
07-14-2014, 09:37 AM
Do you even know what "spoiler" means?

Here's a hint: IT MEANS DON'T POST THE F*CKING SPOILER IN THE THREAD TITLE!!!!

wallymann
07-14-2014, 09:42 AM
actually, now i think we're in for some fireworks.

these up-and-comers will be attacking nibali at every corner...with froomie and alberto out...now is the time for new blood to take their chances.

enr1co
07-14-2014, 09:49 AM

What happened to just posting in the header "TDF Stage 'XX' -(Spoilers)"??? :mad:

54ny77
07-14-2014, 09:50 AM
jeez what is this the old lady knitting club whining forum?!?

get back to work, don't read the forum if you can't take the heat.

:p

zmudshark
07-14-2014, 09:51 AM
Well, it appears that the Vuelta may be the most exciting race this year.

wallymann
07-14-2014, 09:51 AM
jeez what is this the old lady knitting club whining forum?!?

Get back to work, don't read the forum.

:p

this.

MattTuck
07-14-2014, 09:52 AM
what the crap. Aren't mondays reserved for rest days??? I wasn't even looking to watch a stage today and now this???

Vientomas
07-14-2014, 09:54 AM
what the crap. Aren't mondays reserved for rest days??? I wasn't even looking to watch a stage today and now this???

It is a French national holiday today.

denapista
07-14-2014, 09:59 AM
Every year of the TDF, the forums are lit up with dudes complaining about spoilers. Hey it's 2014, and we're in the age of social media and vast technology. Deal with it.gif

Get back on your buggies and head to the hills of rural Pennsylvania with the Amish if you don't like how fast hot topics spread on the internet.

Contador crashed out, and apparently due to his China open mold SL5 snapping while applying the watts. Bummed all around because I was rooting for the guy. I love his climbing style and how he seems to be the only guy in the peloton to take chances at all risks to win.

http://www.awesomelyluvvie.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/DealWithIt.gif

LJohnny
07-14-2014, 10:01 AM
Split in half? Can we sue Specialized now? :banana:

I'm finding it hard to believe a frame snapped in half just rolling along in the peloton. Can anyone confirm what caused the crash?

Phil and Paul spoke to someone that asked the Saxo manager as to the specifics of the incident: The chain of communication: Contador said that he hit something in the road that caused the demise. They were inquisitive whether the bike broke before or after the crash and so far it seems that it broke after the impact with whatever caused the crash.

sitzmark
07-14-2014, 10:02 AM

Team says he hit something in road - rock, hole, ? - at speed (70kph) that took him down. Frame broken but not saying the cause. No NBC footage of accident. Not likely Tinkoff would blatantly throw S under the bus by publicly blaming the bike.

denapista
07-14-2014, 10:09 AM
Does anyone have a stream with sound? Or is it just my damn ipad?

fiamme red
07-14-2014, 10:15 AM
Can someone find a photo of the snapped frame and post it here?

wallymann
07-14-2014, 10:18 AM
Does anyone have a stream with sound? Or is it just my damn ipad?

http://www.frombar.com/20140705/vv53b72b14003491.71970071-845445.html

you need flash, though!

54ny77
07-14-2014, 10:19 AM
Spoiled!

http://vertassets.blob.core.windows.net/image/f779c6b7/f779c6b7-548d-4dcf-8789-e010b791f8b2/spoiled_food.jpg

LJohnny
07-14-2014, 10:19 AM
They are now relaying from the Saxo people that the damage to the bike was done while putting it on the roof of the car.....:rolleyes: that it fell over from the roof. hum

they may be video of that, since the motorbike was there when Contador was lying on the side of the road the bike could be seen a bit ahead, but I could not discern anything at that time.

FastforaSlowGuy
07-14-2014, 10:24 AM

It's not a spoiler if it has absolutely no bearing on the outcome of the stage/race, unless you only watch to see who "wins" the lantern rouge. Is it sad to see him go? Sure. But the fact that it happened during a stage does not mean it's a spoiler. News flash: they also climbed a mountain or two today, and a few people rode really fast downhill. Sorry if I spoiled that for you.

oldpotatoe
07-14-2014, 10:28 AM
They are now relaying from the Saxo people that the damage to the bike was done while putting it on the roof of the car.....:rolleyes: that it fell over from the roof. hum

they may be video of that, since the motorbike was there when Contador was lying on the side of the road the bike could be seen a bit ahead, but I could not discern anything at that time.

Righto, putting on the roof....wink wink

54ny77
07-14-2014, 10:37 AM
these guys are flying down twisty turning wet roads....amazing!

can only imagine hearing tj whining....

kramnnim
07-14-2014, 10:43 AM
From letour.fr

Questioned by letour.fr, Tinkoff-Saxo's directeur sportif Philippe Mauduit who jumped in the second team car to let a free seat to Alberto Contador after his retirement explained: “Alberto badly crashed. His right knee is seriously injured. The crash has been violent. I have his shoe with me, it's completely destroyed. According to some rumors, his bike has been broken but that's not the case. A bike fell from our racks after we fixed Nicolas Roche's bike. It's obviously too early to establish a diagnostic for Alberto. Once he'll reach the finish, he'll undergo an x-ray examination. Before pulling out, he told us that he was in an awful pain and he couldn't go any further on his bike. It's a pity because everything had gone well since the beginning of the Tour. We had a plan and today's race was unfolding exactly as we wanted. In a fraction of a second, it all fell apart, so we're immensely sad. Tomorrow, it's a rest day. After tomorrow, a new battle will begin. We'll stay united and a new Tour de France will begin for us.”

chengher87
07-14-2014, 10:50 AM
So much for the cobbles being more risky to GC contenders. Did Talansky get dropped, I don't see a single Garmin rider in the Nibali group. Great recovery by Scarponi, who went into several spectators on a bend and is now leading the group up the climb.

chengher87
07-14-2014, 10:52 AM
WHOA!!! That was a blistering attack by Nibali.

54ny77
07-14-2014, 11:01 AM
what a game-changing day. wow.

awesome ride by nibali.

ericssonboi
07-14-2014, 11:03 AM
Pretty epic finish by nibali.. Rodriguez looks spent and broken on not winning the stage

54ny77
07-14-2014, 11:07 AM
GC 4th through 9th all in the 3 min. range back. This race is gonna be great!

MattTuck
07-14-2014, 11:10 AM
What the heck is that metal thing that Lemond leans on during the post-race analysis? Do they haul that thing from stage to stage?

weisan
07-14-2014, 11:10 AM
He is no Coppi but in a day like this, I like to address him as "Campionissimo."

Some are called favorites or hot contenders in the race but if you really wanna win the Tour de France...that's how you do it.

kramnnim
07-14-2014, 11:15 AM
What the heck is that metal thing that Lemond leans on during the post-race analysis? Do they haul that thing from stage to stage?

Yes, it has been amusing me every morning. They can sit on it, too.

54ny77
07-14-2014, 11:16 AM
Anyone watching the commentary with LeMond? He's saying (that he thinks) carbon wheels might be the issue, braking problems, that he raced 14+ years as pro and crashed once in a downhill. Maybe a fracture in frame is issue too.

texbike
07-14-2014, 11:22 AM
Another crazy day! It's amazing to hear how many of the riders weren't aware that Contador had abandoned.

Interesting comment about carbon braking in the wet. Geraint Thomas said that he wasn't able to slow down on the last turn which led to his crash. He said that he tried to brake, but he just wasn't slowing down.

Texbike

denapista
07-14-2014, 11:23 AM
I've ridden my 404FCC in the LA rain once and had about 30 "Oh damn" moments just on my silly ride home through LA Traffic.

I can't fathom racing in Europe, during an intense GC battle with no braking. Carbon braking is nowhere on par with alloy braking in the wet, regardless of what the rim manufactures say. You can blame the rider themselves though... They're not forced to ride carbon on days they know it's going to be wet.

PQJ
07-14-2014, 11:24 AM
Barring a crash, illness or some really bad luck, this Tour is done. Damn shame for it to be so before the first rest day.

SPOKE
07-14-2014, 11:24 AM
All these crashes remind me of NASCAR!!!
Where's the "Safer Barrier" when you need it......;)

fuzzalow
07-14-2014, 11:32 AM
these guys are flying down twisty turning wet roads....amazing!

can only imagine hearing tj whining....

As some of the riders are blasting down the hill, there is the thrill and spectacle of speed. This is a deafening roar in the rush of the wind past the rider's ears as they plummet down the roadway. Strangely enough however, the din would quickly fade in the distance.

Under review, it was determined that what the riders heard was not the wind velocity downhill. The high pitched wail was TJ in full whinge as he cry-babied all the way down the hill.

FastforaSlowGuy
07-14-2014, 11:35 AM
I've ridden my 404FCC in the LA rain once and had about 30 "Oh damn" moments just on my silly ride home through LA Traffic.

I can't fathom racing in Europe, during an intense GC battle with no braking. Carbon braking is nowhere on par with alloy braking in the wet, regardless of what the rim manufactures say. You can blame the rider themselves though... They're not forced to ride carbon on days they know it's going to be wet.

I read somewhere once that when Campy was developing their carbon rims, braking wasn't on their mind because it wasn't something the pros were rating as a hot issue. When rec riders and amateurs started buying the wheels, that's when they woke up to the issue. No idea if that's true or not, but I know that when I try to follow a local Cat 1 downhill he brakes like a race car driver (scream towards a turn, jam on brakes for 1.5 seconds, carve it, scream toward next turn). I'm not a terrible descender, but I definitely drag my brakes more.

kramnnim
07-14-2014, 11:39 AM
VDB is saying that it was Contador's fault, taking too many risks on the descent.

http://www.nieuwsblad.be/sportwereld/cnt/dmf20140714_01178619

chengher87
07-14-2014, 11:42 AM
VDB is saying that it was Contador's fault, taking too many risks on the descent.

http://www.nieuwsblad.be/sportwereld/cnt/dmf20140714_01178619

I LOVE Google translate:

Jurgen Van den Broeck saw from the first row how Alberto Contador crashed. "I may speak of happiness. I sat quietly on the pedals in the downhill, but suddenly Contador rode beside me and he tried to catch up on a lot where the trail here is not ideal me. He went through a drain in the road completely over. He almost had me even meepakt also by his careless behavior. It may be strange that I say it, but that fall was his own fault. He has given? It really surprised me that he was trying to drive. Contador has really made a terrible tasting, "said Van den Broeck.

kramnnim
07-14-2014, 11:44 AM
Pavement tasting... :(

paredown
07-14-2014, 11:48 AM
Post race with Chris Horner, he said they were taking the descents fairly slowly, so he didn't know what happened.

Road grate sounds likely...

They have also announced that Contador has a broken tibia (this, after he got back on and did another 10 or 20 mins on a new bike) and will require surgery...

Ted King also abandoned and Andrew Talansky lost time--post-race, you could see him trying to stretch his lumbar lats--the crashes finally caught up with him today and he was suffering.

It seems like a war of attrition, this Tour.

jlwdm
07-14-2014, 11:51 AM
As some of the riders are blasting down the hill, there is the thrill and spectacle of speed. This is a deafening roar in the rush of the wind past the rider's ears as they plummet down the roadway. Strangely enough however, the din would quickly fade in the distance.

Under review, it was determined that what the riders heard was not the wind velocity downhill. The high pitched wail was TJ in full whinge as he cry-babied all the way down the hill.

Seems like he had a great ride.

Jeff

54ny77
07-14-2014, 11:53 AM
Contador was packing Spanish beef?

I LOVE Google translate:

Jurgen Van den Broeck saw from the first row how Alberto Contador crashed. "I may speak of happiness. I sat quietly on the pedals in the downhill, but suddenly Contador rode beside me and he tried to catch up on a lot where the trail here is not ideal me. He went through a drain in the road completely over. He almost had me even meepakt also by his careless behavior....

christian
07-14-2014, 11:57 AM
What a stage. I hear. I mean, I was working.

fiamme red
07-14-2014, 12:09 PM
Quote from Riis on Contador: "He was going fast on the downhill at about 60 or 70km/h. It was a bumpy road and he lost control of he bike. Maybe he was eating."

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/contador-fractured-tibia-in-tour-de-france-crash

denapista
07-14-2014, 12:28 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BshVGRICcAAnl77.jpg

jpritchet74
07-14-2014, 12:32 PM
Ouch!

bcroslin
07-14-2014, 12:32 PM
Anyone watching the commentary with LeMond? He's saying (that he thinks) carbon wheels might be the issue, braking problems, that he raced 14+ years as pro and crashed once in a downhill. Maybe a fracture in frame is issue too.

I would think most teams would be riding a shallow wheel on day like today where weight means everything. Why you'd ride a deep carbon wheel on a wet mountain stage is beyond me.

CunegoFan
07-14-2014, 12:39 PM
I would think most teams would be riding a shallow wheel on day like today where weight means everything. Why you'd ride a deep carbon wheel on a wet mountain stage is beyond me.

Sponsor $$$

Aero pretty much always trumps weight, especially with a minimum bike weight rule. The curious thing is why there are so few aluminum rims with a deep fairing. Braking would be better. They would be cheaper to manufacture. The only thing I can think of is that with the Freds wanting everying "full carbon" there is not much of a market, despite being a superior product.

Lewis Moon
07-14-2014, 12:44 PM

Regardless, shallow or deep, carbon wheels often have suspect braking in the wet.
I also wonder why they would be riding deep rims in the mountains, unless they thought the DHs were significant places to pick up time.
...and what CF said above except for the fairing thingy.

CunegoFan
07-14-2014, 12:46 PM
Regardless, shallow or deep, carbon wheels often have suspect braking in the wet.
I also wonder why they would be riding deep rims in the mountains, unless they thought the DHs were significant places to pick up time.

The pros go up hills fast enough that aero makes a difference.

MadRocketSci
07-14-2014, 12:56 PM
Jra

wallymann
07-14-2014, 12:57 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BshVGRICcAAnl77.jpg

watching the video coverage, there was nothing to suggest this was the case with contadors frame when he was initially sitting on the side of the road getting bandaged up.

the bike lay there next to him and it looked normal. when the mechanic picked it up, it wasnt hinging in the middle of the frame as this would.

kramnnim
07-14-2014, 01:10 PM
This whole broken bike this is so confusing. It looks like Contador was riding one of the McClaren bikes when he crashed, but it's normally Roche that rides it? Specialized is saying that it was Roche's bike that broke when it fell off the car, other say a Belkin car drove over it? But the broken bike is clearly Contador's.

kramnnim
07-14-2014, 01:17 PM
Now they are saying that Contador crashed twice, the first time he got Roche's bike as a replacement. So maybe his original bike was lying in the road and got run over while Roche was waiting for a replacement...meanwhile Contador was chasing on Roche's McClaren, and crashed again...?

http://tour2014.tv2.dk/2014-07-14-tinkoff-saxo-contador-styrtede-gange

54ny77
07-14-2014, 01:32 PM
That's Un-Vengeable.

Stephen2014
07-14-2014, 01:36 PM
Sad loss or good riddance cheat?

T.J.
07-14-2014, 01:40 PM
Tony Martin is a beast

velotrack
07-14-2014, 01:43 PM
It's definitely more interesting with him there.

denapista
07-14-2014, 01:44 PM
Nibali is a beast.

The way he bridged up to Purito was eye opening. He's on form right now. I wish Purito wasn't nursing his injury and was in good form for the tour. He kills it on the mountains.

It was hilarious when Martin exploded and the cameras focused in on that exact moment, when you start pedaling squares. He was cooked.

MattTuck
07-14-2014, 01:45 PM
He did his time under the current rules. I'm not a huge fan, but I don't like to see him go. Especially as the result of a crash, I don't like to see any rider leave for that reason.

firerescuefin
07-14-2014, 01:48 PM
Tony Martin is a beast

Agreed. That ride yesterday was much more impressive than he was given credit for. Makes me wonder why he can't transition into a GC rider...not that he needs to.

jpritchet74
07-14-2014, 01:49 PM
Agreed. That ride yesterday was much more impressive than he was given credit for. Makes me wonder why he can't transition into a GC rider...not that he needs to.

Too heavy for the climbs?

christian
07-14-2014, 01:52 PM
It was hilarious when Martin exploded and the cameras focused in on that exact moment, when you start pedaling squares. He was cooked.I loved that. My favorite moment, because we've *all* be there.

kramnnim
07-14-2014, 01:57 PM
Really hope the rest of the top 10 can put up a good fight, and not let Nibali run away with a 10 minute lead. Looks unlikely, though.

firerescuefin
07-14-2014, 02:00 PM

I know he'd have to lose weight, but he is not built like a firetruck. I'm sure they've done the math and figured he's best at being a World Champion TTer. But from the outside (over the last 3-4 years), I was kind of hoping he'd transition. He was pretty capable at the TdS...though that's no 3 week grand tour.

jpritchet74
07-14-2014, 02:13 PM
I know he'd have to lose weight, but he is not built like a firetruck. I'm sure they've done the math and figured he's best at being a World Champion TTer. But from the outside (over the last 3-4 years), I was kind of hoping he'd transition. He was pretty capable at the TdS...thought that's no 3 week grand tour.

I wonder if he even has a desire to become that type of rider. Wiggo was just a track rider that was a really good TT rider. Then he worked REALLY hard to be come a Grand Tour rider. Not everyone wants to suffer to lose the weight to become a stage racer. He is probably paid really well to be the type of rider that he already is.

I do love see someone make those sacrifices to lose the weight and become great stage racers though.

joosttx
07-14-2014, 02:35 PM

He had ambitions several years ago to do that. I think 2010 or 2011. He tried to transform his body he lost a lotof weight. But he it didnt work then. I remember about at that time he thought he would focus on non-tour races. My take was he was too weak and not a good enough bike handler. He has definitely improved. Maybe he'll reconsider with this new success. I am really proud of him.

54ny77
07-14-2014, 02:35 PM
the stories are all over the map as to what happened with contador's bike.

now a car ran over it. that's why it was cracked. and, wait, no it was an elephant that jumped into the road suddenly. yeah, yeah, that's the ticket!

http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/40043477_384x288_generated.jpg

fiamme red
07-14-2014, 02:43 PM
http://velonews.competitor.com/2014/07/news/timeline-details-alberto-contadors-tour-ending-crash_336328

Specialized, Tinkoff-Saxo’s bike sponsor, initially denied reports that Contador’s bike had broken at all, either resulting in or as a result of the crash, or via some other externality. The company first stated that a bike had fallen off the roof of a car. That story was then amended — it still involved a car, but instead stated that Nicolas Roche’s bike had been run over earlier in the stage. This broken bike was the start of the rumors, it said.

“We have spoken to Alberto’s brother as well as his personal mechanic (Faustino Muñoz) and the mechanic who was at the scene (Rune Kristensen), and contrary to some early, unconfirmed reports, frame failure was not involved in Alberto’s incident today. Nicolas Roche was involved in a separate incident today and while his bike was laying on the road it was run over by a car causing it to break, potentially giving rise to the initial inaccurate reporting,” the original statement read.

But the photos do not lie. Contador is #31, and his race number is on the broken frame. The Roche incident relayed in this statement may be entirely factual, but it is clear that Contador’s bike broke as well.

Specialized later corrected itself again, stating that Contador’s bike that had been run over as well. A source within the team who was present at the scene of the crash explained that Contador’s mechanic, Faustino Munoz, grabbed his backup bike off the roof, then, seeing the condition of Contador, rushed to his aid, leaving the bike against the team car. The team car drove off and crushed the bike. Photos were taken, and the broken bike story took off...

christian
07-14-2014, 02:47 PM
Whatever the truth is, it's clear that there was some panic in the air and bad things happened.

MattTuck
07-14-2014, 02:48 PM
Whatever the truth is, it's clear that there was some panic in the air and bad things happened.

yeah, mike sinyard started threatening journalists... and a new 'truth' emerged.

ceolwulf
07-14-2014, 02:56 PM
Run Over By A Car is the new and improved JRA.

fiamme red
07-14-2014, 03:00 PM
This Tour is just nuts. Speaking of which, has anyone seen Mr. Squirrel lately? I wonder if he's vacationing in France? :)

paulh
07-14-2014, 03:09 PM
run over by a car is the new and improved jra.

robac!!

denapista
07-14-2014, 03:41 PM
PR suicide if Specialized allows their GC grand tour racer to be seen with his bike snapping during the Tour de France. Look at the slack SRAM took from Andy years ago. Imagine a open mold frame snapping from a pothole. If he went over the bars like it's been stated and his bike went into an embankment at speed, that makes sense. I think his bike failed and the cover up is amongst us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

54ny77
07-14-2014, 04:00 PM
if the bike really broke, i wonder if alberto gets to sue for damages?

that's some documentable lost earnings if so.

CunegoFan
07-14-2014, 04:06 PM
I figure if the frame broke while Contador was on it then Oleg Tinkov won't be able to help himself from saying something on Twitter. He has to be hugely disappointed and he is a loose cannon.

Grant McLean
07-14-2014, 06:29 PM
PR suicide if Specialized allows their GC grand tour racer to be seen with his bike snapping during the Tour de France. Look at the slack SRAM took from Andy years ago. Imagine a open mold frame snapping from a pothole. If he went over the bars like it's been stated and his bike went into an embankment at speed, that makes sense. I think his bike failed and the cover up is amongst us.

The broken bike is a spare that was on the roof of the team car,
it hit the Belkin rack, you can clearly see the team member unhooking
the bike, the "S-WORKS" on the downtube is clearly broken at the "K".

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BsiWGyEIQAAGwf9.jpg:large

firerescuefin
07-14-2014, 06:33 PM
Grant...can't believe big S hooked you into being part of the conspiracy....Get out if/when you can ;)

The broken bike is a spare that was on the roof of the team car,
it hit the Belkin rack, you can clearly see the team member unhooking
the bike, the "S-WORKS" on the downtube is clearly broken at the "K".

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BsiWGyEIQAAGwf9.jpg:large

Grant McLean
07-14-2014, 06:35 PM
Grant...can't believe big S hooked you into being part of the conspiracy....Get out if/when you can ;)

LOL

the mechanic from the grassy knoll in the living room with the 5mm allen key
... that's who did it.

-g

Md3000
07-14-2014, 07:29 PM

Hahahah hashtag BELIEVE! I'm finding my tin foil hat

jvp
07-14-2014, 07:37 PM
so obvious, when he crashed he went down, and to the right...down and to the right...

paulh
07-14-2014, 07:53 PM
There was a second "mechanic".

unterhausen
07-14-2014, 07:58 PM
I can't believe how old you people are

pbarry
07-14-2014, 08:37 PM
But you get the humor, so...

54ny77
07-14-2014, 08:51 PM
electronic shifting? bah!

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTTA5BZritWoe2SwsYZlu3G7Ut7OjFN7 ucbd4l4xDKHnGomxYU2vA

rcnute
07-14-2014, 09:10 PM
I miss the good old days when doping enhanced bike handling.

Ryan

gasman
07-14-2014, 09:57 PM
I loved that. My favorite moment, because we've *all* be there.

I've never been on TV when I've cracked on my bike. Of course, I've never been on TV riding my bike.

Elefantino
07-14-2014, 10:09 PM
NBC is going to apologize to Specialized. Maybe tomorrow on the "rest day" show. Seriously.

Apparently, Sinyard has the rights to those three letters. Not so seriously.

GregL
07-14-2014, 10:18 PM
NBC is going to apologize to Specialized. Maybe tomorrow on the "rest day" show. Seriously.

Apparently, Sinyard has the rights to those three letters. Not so seriously.This actually makes sense. The "Contador's Bike Frame Splits" video has been pulled from the NBC Sports TDF app feed. When you select that video to view, you get a pop-up explaining "Video Stream Unavailable..."

- Greg

unterhausen
07-14-2014, 11:00 PM
But you get the humor, so...

ya, I didn't know anyone else my age was still riding

atrexler
07-15-2014, 06:43 AM
Say what you will about AC, but the guy gets my respect for pushing on for 20 minutes with a freaking broken tibia. Jens isn't the only hardman out there.

Of course Jens may have caught the bunch, passed em, and won the stage with the broken tibia. Who's to say.