PDA

View Full Version : Modern saddle with vintage looks

CDollarsign
07-14-2014, 07:41 AM
My San Marco Rolls is destroying my ass. It looks perfect on my Corsa Extra though. I am considering possibly getting the new Brooks Cambium saddles to replace it. What else should I look for? I would prefer something white with non-carbon rails and enough comfort and support for a big boy.

Thanks in advance.

gomango
07-14-2014, 07:52 AM
My San Marco Rolls is destroying my ass. It looks perfect on my Corsa Extra though. I am considering possibly getting the new Brooks Cambium saddles to replace it. What else should I look for? I would prefer something white with non-carbon rails and enough comfort and support for a big boy.

Thanks in advance.

I switched from a Rolls to Regals many years ago.

Never looked back, as they are so much more comfortable for me.

JWDR
07-14-2014, 07:53 AM
San Marco Regal with Titanium rails? I have a brown one which I think is really comfortable and looks great. I just wish it was lighter overall.

merckx
07-14-2014, 08:06 AM
Agree on trying a Regal. The Rolls and Regal are often lumped together as having a similar feel, but they don't. Also, one is not better than the other, they are just different from one another. I'd give a Regal a try. I use the Girardi version which is the most comfortable Regal iteration. If that doesn't work, try a C17.

fuzzalow
07-14-2014, 08:38 AM
San Marco Regale but only if done up as a version from SSM's Urban line of saddles. All the other standard Regales have the usual Elvis-in-Las-Vegas garish looking logos and embroidery done up as only SSM can. I was never able to find a vendor stateside for this saddle so I got mine though Bike24 in Germany.

http://images.esellerpro.com/2375/I/142/94/RegaleUPCOMBO_zps25d0fe35.jpg

SSM Regale Urban as appears on an iteration of my Bruce Gordon Road bike.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-S5thYadjpuU/UISFakIi5bI/AAAAAAAAAKQ/WSGL79PDFRE/s640/Bruce_Gordon-02.jpg

MrCannonCam
07-14-2014, 03:48 PM
+3 on the Regal. Have one on my fixie, gives it an old school look but new school weight and it's comfy...

Charles M
07-14-2014, 03:52 PM
By any saddle you want and have it recovered...

Roadguy
07-15-2014, 02:08 PM
thumbs up for busyman cycles and getting something recovered

tiretrax
07-15-2014, 05:28 PM
JMoore is an advertiser here - up on the right - recovered saddles.

Have you tried a Concor?

parris
07-15-2014, 08:18 PM
Has the Rolls always been not good or has something changed? If you have liked the Rolls but things have changed the Turbo is similar but a bit more "lean" all the way around.

pinkshogun
07-15-2014, 09:46 PM
the Brooks C17 is just about as comfortable as the B17

Boar
07-16-2014, 06:21 AM
I'm very happy with the Cambium, and I'm a very big boy :)

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

R3awak3n
07-16-2014, 06:48 AM
Just got a cambium and still need to put a couple more rides in it for the final verdict but from the first ride I really liked it, replacing a selle anatomica and also have a brooks and it was as comfortable (50 mile rides, need to test longer rides)

CDollarsign
07-16-2014, 06:52 AM
Has the Rolls always been not good or has something changed? If you have liked the Rolls but things have changed the Turbo is similar but a bit more "lean" all the way around.

The rolls hasn't always been bad, I have just stepped up my mileage lately and by the 35 or so miles it starts to be my only source of discomfort.

I think I am going to give the Cambium a shot!