PDA

View Full Version : Road Race Today

Dr. Doofus
02-25-2006, 01:59 PM
Good:

Met two Doofus fans who read the blog...was sure to be humble and cool as they came up and fawned "Are you the Doofus?"

"Yes, yes I am."

Rock star moment, Doof is tellin you.

More Good:

went with the first three moves. Bridgin and pullin like a mofo.

More Good:

played around moving up and down the pack, watching guys, seein everything going on, feelin comfy and confident.

Bad:

Sat on the front with two guys from the strongest team when the fourth move -- a guy who didn't look good in move # 3 -- went. Guys bridged. That move stuck. Doof tried to bridge but the strong guys got on his wheel twice. Doof sat in and freaking froze while he got soaked.

Crap.

Get this: doof doesn't care what bostondrunk, jerk, sandy, or dbrk's dog says. Doof has been riding for 26 years and racin for 18 (subtract 1998-2004). Doof knows he can't sprint, and has known it for a while. So doof is goin with every stinking move during the second half of every stinkin race this year. Doof has the TT. Doof is stronger than most of these dudes he's racing against. Doof may blow, Doof may get caught, but Doof ain't gonna watch the winning move go away again.

Andreu
02-25-2006, 02:30 PM
you sound just like me....I haven't got a sprint - I have never won a race but using this tactic you can get top 5s and top 10s on a fairly regular basis. Just don't tell too many people you haven't got a sprint though as it kind of spoils the element of surprise. Good luck.
Information is power.

Grovelling in the gutter,
A

manet
02-25-2006, 02:37 PM
in the least, certainly an A 4 effort.

Fixed
02-25-2006, 03:11 PM
bro you get style points i.m.h.o. cheers :beer:

Too Tall
02-25-2006, 03:17 PM
Green with envy Doc. Keep up the good work.
Are you racing with the PT? Yes I hope. Go ahead and TT let the strong guys do the dirty work and bring it to you.
PS - I'm your beatch in the sprint pal.

manet
02-25-2006, 07:12 PM
... top ten? say yes

Dr. Doofus
02-25-2006, 07:56 PM
rolled in at the back after last attempt to bridge with 3k to go got reeled in

goin for top 10 tomorrow...we'll see...doof will say either top 10 or the back of the bunch...no point in bein in-between, bros....

cs124
02-26-2006, 04:04 AM
...were using that tactic too...go with the moves followed by solo attack with 3k to go...doing it the hard way but a gas when it comes off

oldguy00
02-26-2006, 05:20 AM
rolled in at the back after last attempt to bridge with 3k to go got reeled in

goin for top 10 tomorrow...we'll see...doof will say either top 10 or the back of the bunch...no point in bein in-between, bros....

Good job. What race was it? Too cold to be racing...:(

Too Tall
02-26-2006, 06:17 AM
OldGuy, you and me both. Doc is in S.Carolina home of some of the world's finest BBQ. HOW'D yah DO DOC????