PDA

View Full Version : Deda Supernatural HBars: Anyone got 'em?

BdaGhisallo
02-25-2006, 12:49 PM
Is anyone using this new bar from Deda yet? The new Supernatural was designed to suit the characteristics of STI levers. I gather that the Newton bar was designed and shaped to suit ergo levers.

I am currently using an easton ec90 equipe pro bar with the new ritchey 4axis stem. I love the combo but I cannot get rid of the incessant creaking from the bar/stem clamp. I have tried everything I could think of, along with a few ideas others have suggested( thanks Dave T.). Nothing has worked.

This Supernatural has virtually the same drop as the easton, 132mm vs 130mm for the easton. It will be my first time with anatomic bars but the tops look like they will give a nice flat transition to the hoods. I have tried all kinds of mods, like layering bar tape and gel pads, to flatten that transition on regular shallow drop curved bars, so that will be a nice feature.

Here is a link to the bars:

http://www.probikeoutlet.com/product_info.php?cPath=23_53_115&products_id=1086&osCsid=9ad8e3d5d226815517dd233857b3047b

Strangely, none of Deda's new items are on its own website. They need to get with it!!

Thanks for any and all feedback.

Climb01742
02-25-2006, 02:30 PM
i have a pair. used 'em for the last week or two. the ramp is perfect-o, IMO, giving you an absolutely flat transition to the DA10 hoods. the reach and drop are almost identical to easton ec90 equip pro. only minor "flaw" for me is that they aren't round bend. the drop is flat and_reasonably_long. not as long and flat as the equip bars. i guess there always has to be a trade-off, eh? for me, this bar offers the best ramp/transition to hoods...but the eastons have the best round bend and flats. i wish the deda's had a newton round bend and drops. oh well. can't say yet whether i'll end-up with this supernatural or stick with equips. but at the price of the deda's, experimenting with 'em isn't too financially painful. cbike.com also has them.

BdaGhisallo
02-25-2006, 05:48 PM
Climb,

I seem to be following in your footsteps in the bar sense! You beat me to the easton ec90s and now you beat me to the supernaturals!!

I am probably going to order them from parkerintl in the UK. About $71 there.

Cheers and thanks for the insightful feedback.

geoff