PDA

View Full Version : Gastown race

DarkStar
07-10-2014, 05:37 PM
Anyone live in Van and see this?
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/07/10/lamborghini-hits-woman-vancouver_n_5574939.html

Anarchist
07-10-2014, 06:32 PM
Who the F was the idiot driving it? Accelerated right through the collision.

ultraman6970
07-10-2014, 07:39 PM
Well, to have accidents you need two people not paying attention.

You are right, who tells the lambo driver to go that fast... but the woman did not see the guy comming either? looks like she was not looking. If you need to cross just cross in straight line not in diagonal... just saying.

Hope the woman is fine, that must have hurt as hell after a few minutes.

DarkStar
07-10-2014, 08:29 PM
According to the report the woman suffered minor injuries, I think the lambo got the worst of it, lost the right side mirror.

djg21
07-10-2014, 08:40 PM
Looks like the pace-car was accelerating to get off the course before the sprint. I'd bet the driver was looking mainly at the rear-view mirror. The driver may have been a little reckless in terms if his speed, but the womancrossing the street -- aparently an official -- should have been more cautious in crossing the course (she was walking parallel to the barrier it seemed). An unfortunate accident for all involved.

mike p
07-11-2014, 06:39 PM
This.....when your driving that car the last thing you want to do is get in the way of those sprinters! The driver should have been a little more aware, but holy cow how about the woman opening her eyes.

Mike

Looks like the pace-car was accelerating to get off the course before the sprint. I'd bet the driver was looking mainly at the rear-view mirror. The driver may have been a little reckless in terms if his speed, but the womancrossing the street -- aparently an official -- should have been more cautious in crossing the course (she was walking parallel to the barrier it seemed). An unfortunate accident for all involved.

chris7ed
07-11-2014, 07:26 PM
Looked to me like the car moved right to get around the photographers. That pinch caused the collision. Also, I've never seen a group of photographers piled together just after the finish line.

rain dogs
07-11-2014, 07:30 PM
Sure did, I was standing right there. Those guys in the Lambo were idiots the whole day.... ripping down the Cordova stretch.

Classic case of closed roads, stupidity and ego. They're there to work a race not race a sportscar.

Lucky no one was seriously hurt.

d_douglas
07-11-2014, 11:59 PM
Boy, that was unnerving. Stupid on many counts. Why is there a car like that on a racecourse ? My old stomping grounds....

paredown
07-12-2014, 07:18 AM
Boy, that was unnerving. Stupid on many counts. Why is there a car like that on a racecourse ? My old stomping grounds....

Mine too--that was my favorite race on the calendar BITD. Somewhere I have 16mm movie footage of one of the races in the early 70s shot from the Volvo pacecar trunk the year that I was not racing because of a broken leg...

Roadguy
07-15-2014, 02:12 PM
While the official perhaps missed the sound of a v12 nearing in the distance I have to wonder why the heck that driver was threading the needle so fast with plenty of distance with the peleton.