PDA

View Full Version : FS: Concours Ti 54cm

sailorboy
07-08-2014, 11:00 AM
This is painful since I just got this here on the forum and enjoying the ride very much, but the new home gremlins have struck in the past week with a busted water heater and some flooring damage.

I have struggled with a better way to keep this and re-allocate funds some other way, but this is the right thing to do on the homefront.

Seen in the ad most recently here: http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=147958&highlight=concours

I have made a slight modification in that I added a white alpha Q fork with the straight blades vice the curved one as shown. I think my fork is a bit newer than the one this came with as well and probably stiffer. Options are sparse since the frame has a 1-inch head tube. Some think this is a detractor or de-values these older bikes somewhat, but in a frame this small, I can see no real downside (i.e. the headtube is too short to flex much) other than lack of available carbon forks in one-inch.

I think the frame is circa 1998. Serial # is CCT 52 808
It is a slight sloping frame with about 52cm seat tube, 54cm top tube.

If I was flush with cash I'd keep the bike and actually commission a new steel fork painted to match by Dave Anderson since he did this with the Ellis I have. Made a huge difference aesthetically, and noticable ride improvement.

Anyhow, condition is the same as I got it a few months ago, and I have put just a couple hundred miles on it so I am asking the same $1000 plus shipping that I paid. Sale includes frame, painted alpha Q fork and red king headset. Please note the paint on the fork is slightly whiter than the frame as they did not come together, but it is the same rake as the fork that was original to the frame. If you need a current shimano BB, I can leave that in the frame as well.

Attaching a photo from the original ad, and one crappy iphone shot with the current fork.

enr1co
07-08-2014, 11:18 AM
paging Bluesea...

ericssonboi
07-08-2014, 11:40 AM
This thing needs more love... keep seeing it pop up... Very pretty bike..GLWS

bluesea
07-08-2014, 01:01 PM
Great seller here!

Broke my heart bigtime when I missed out on his size 53 Duende. So beautiful that paint scheme...

fourflys
07-08-2014, 01:04 PM
great bike, I bought it from CaliFly a few years back and just never fit me right so I sold it... good to see it still kicking around... beautiful riding bike, don't hesitate for second to buy it!

soulspinner
07-09-2014, 11:42 AM
How long is the headtube and what is bb drop?

sailorboy
07-12-2014, 05:40 PM
HT is 12.3 and have no idea what the BB drop is. Whatever it is, it works cuz the bike handles great. So let's just say its the right drop

I'm also dropping the price to $1000 including shipping in the CONUS.

sailorboy
07-21-2014, 11:47 AM
new week bump.

CaliFly
07-21-2014, 11:54 AM
I would buy back this bike in a heartbeat if it was just a tad smaller. I so love this paint scheme, and the frame itself just sings on the road.

Help keep this in the family!

norcalbiker
07-21-2014, 12:40 PM
HT is 12.3 and have no idea what the BB drop is. Whatever it is, it works cuz the bike handles great. So let's just say its the right drop

I'm also dropping the price to $1000 including shipping in the CONUS.

You're getting warmer. ;)

I should really stop clicking this thread since I don't really need another bike. The only reason I even entertaining this is because I have a whole Campy Record Carbon 10 speed with Reynolds Cirro MV32's collecting dust in my garage. :eek:

sailorboy
07-22-2014, 12:10 PM
Alright, how about $970 shipped?

4Rings6Stars
07-22-2014, 12:58 PM
Don't hesitate guys. This is a lifetime frame. If my circumstances were different, I would not have ever sold it.

I plan to keep an eye on where this thing lands next in case I want to try to track down the owner and buy it back some day. A wonderful riding and truly gorgeous frame.

sailorboy
07-28-2014, 10:12 AM
Thx for the bump. Yep, just like he said it--lifetime bike, legendary ride without the 'legend'ary price. I wish I had the space and funds to just mothball it and hand it to one of my kids when they start riding a big-boy bike.

Final price reduction--$940 shipped.

sailorboy
07-31-2014, 09:13 PM
Final bump, and I'm afraid I'll have to resort to the dark side of ebay

any offers?

sailorboy
08-07-2014, 12:53 PM
Bump with new photos. Will be listed on the bay as of this weekend if no takers.

soulspinner
08-07-2014, 01:03 PM
Too small or ....