PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else notice CC hawking out-of-stock, discontinued items?

FastforaSlowGuy
07-07-2014, 09:21 AM
I was checking out their annual TDF sale, and noticed that many of the wheelsets they were pushing were out of stock and discontinued, or the landing page just didn't work. I logged on midday on Day 1, so maybe people are clamoring for Fulcrum's entry level wheels and they sold out super quick. But it seems that ever since Backcountry bought out CC, their promotionals have gotten weaker, so all they are doing now is clearing out really old stock (the Fulcrum wheels are from '10).

AngryScientist
07-07-2014, 09:23 AM
agreed. when CC first ran their TdF specials years ago, there were some very real deals to be had, now....not so much.

rzthomas
07-07-2014, 09:33 AM
Not to mention the bounty of old Merckx frames from WAY back. Where did those things come from?

Mikej
07-07-2014, 09:36 AM
I hate when you google a part and CC Link pops up like they have it, then you coco on link and it's out of stock or discontinued. To be honest I'm over CC. Plus I do not care for the whole backcountry stoked put through the wringer thing.

CNY rider
07-07-2014, 10:53 AM
agreed. when CC first ran their TdF specials years ago, there were some very real deals to be had, now....not so much.

Same thing with their 12 days of Christmas sale. Not so exciting any more.

cfox
07-07-2014, 11:09 AM
I never got CC in the first place. Before backcountry they were a mail order shop with full retail prices and would charge $18 shipping for a small box, ground. Pretty website, though. At least they have free ground shipping now, I think.

FlashUNC
07-07-2014, 11:14 AM
Not to mention the bounty of old Merckx frames from WAY back. Where did those things come from?

Gita.

DRZRM
07-07-2014, 11:17 AM
Generally true, most great deals seem to have gone away, but there are still treasures to be found. I just picked up a Shimano XTR Race double crankset marked down from $620 to $216. Cheaper than they have the XT one on sale for right now.

http://www.competitivecyclist.com/shimano-xtr-race-2x10-hollowtech-ii-fc-m985-crankset-double-shi0545

R3awak3n
07-07-2014, 11:36 AM
Cc is hit or miss but I did get some assos bibs for $130 not too long ago so there is definitely deals to be had.

tele
07-07-2014, 12:45 PM
todays deal on skratch/osmos products is smoking imho. combine that with 10% back from activejunky and its get even better.

FastforaSlowGuy
07-07-2014, 12:55 PM
todays deal on skratch/osmos products is smoking imho. combine that with 10% back from activejunky and its get even better.

This is a great example of my complaint, actually. When CC isn't using their major promotionals (TDF, Xmas) to blow out old stuff, they're regurgitating Chainlove deals. I picked EXACTLY the same Skratch labs deal Chainlove. So while the TDF promotional is a good deal, but you're getting the same thing I got 2 weeks ago (and a couple weeks before that, and a month before that) just by watching my Chainlove alert. If it's always on sale, at some point it is no longer a screaming deal.

josephr
07-07-2014, 01:31 PM
CC, huck-n-roll, backcountry.com.....they were once pretty good, but now not so much. I'd be "OK" with them listing out-of-stock stuff if they'd at least give a consumer to place a back-order, but online retailers don't do that much anymore either.
Joe

DoubleButted
07-07-2014, 02:35 PM
Slightly upscale version of Nashbar these days imo. At least you can filter the sale clothing by size. I hate when a search turns up a great deal only to find it's only available in XXL.

Bstone
07-08-2014, 10:16 AM
Or when the XXL is really 2 X XXL.

Dired
07-08-2014, 10:26 AM
Or when the XXL is really 2 X XXL.

Ironically they stopped carrying SIDIs larger than size 48...

Shortsocks
07-08-2014, 10:43 AM
IMO Since CC moved and got bought out, they are no longer the same shop. The"good deals" don't come around as often, and the customer support is shockingly bad. Don't know what it is, but it's pretty disappointing. Wish that wasn't the case anymore.

I was in Arkansas a whirl back and did a CC ride, super nice folks.