PDA

View Full Version : Ugh, Todd Harris

kgreene10
07-05-2014, 09:33 PM
Do others have the same reaction to him that I do? He seems like the socially awkward kid who doesn't know quite what to say or how to say it. His commentary isn't just useless, like some NBC announcers of years' past, but he puts an uncomfortable sheen on the whole thing.

No announcer has bugged me more. Craig Hummer was certainly not right for the job, but I found him easy enough to ignore. I thought Liam McCue was great. He knew he was an outsider and so dedicated himself to orchestrating among the knowledgeable co-announcers.

I can't wrap my head around why the leadership at NBC would want Harris on the air.

pinkshogun
07-05-2014, 09:44 PM
^^ because Dennis Miller wasnt available

tiretrax
07-05-2014, 10:06 PM
The entire team is abysmal. I can barely tolerate Phil this year.

Elefantino
07-05-2014, 10:27 PM
They're all bad. CVV needs to take a quaalude or something to slow down. Roll looks like he's waiting for happy hour.

I wish I could get Eurosport on UVerse. I settle for the pirate feeds.

mcteague
07-06-2014, 06:31 AM
Paul used to be good. Yesterday he spoke of Jens Voigt speaking English in an Australian accent! Even if he meant Austrian that would be wrong. Jens was born in East Germany.

Tim

oldpotatoe
07-06-2014, 06:42 AM
They're all bad. CVV needs to take a quaalude or something to slow down. Roll looks like he's waiting for happy hour.

I wish I could get Eurosport on UVerse. I settle for the pirate feeds.

Funny!! And spot on..I'd love to go to happy hour with Bob, and Phil, I hear. Paul goes back to his room and reads a good book.

stephenmarklay
07-06-2014, 06:52 AM
I don't have the distain for the commentary at all. Different strokes I guess.

mcteague, Voight speaking with an Australian accent is nothing new. People have been saying that for years. He rode for the Australian Institute of Sport in the late 90's and to stuck with him (true or not)

tele
07-06-2014, 07:22 AM
Harris makes some comment on tactics and how its not a good decision, Bobke has to step in and contradict him and set him straight.

Everyone makes mistakes on live tv but jeez, how bout someone with some cycling experience, like Harmon and Kelly on Eurosport?

oldpotatoe
07-06-2014, 07:24 AM
Harris makes some comment on tactics and how its not a good decision, Bobke has to step in and contradict him and set him straight.

Everyone makes mistakes on live tv but jeez, how bout someone with some cycling experience, like Harmon and Kelly on Eurosport?

But then you would have to have english subtitles.

Elefantino
07-06-2014, 07:47 AM
how bout someone with some cycling experience, like Harmon and Kelly on Eurosport?
Harmon is no more. Carlton Kirby is the main guy now.

But then you would have to have english subtitles.
There are lots of "tord" category climbs on the Eurosport broadcast today.

oldpotatoe
07-06-2014, 07:49 AM
Harmon is no more. Carlton Kirby is the main guy now.

There are lots of "tord" category climbs on the Eurosport broadcast today.

funny but genuine guy..I'd love to see him instead of CVV..

lhuerta
07-06-2014, 08:56 AM
Steve Perino, with his useless motorbike commentary, takes the cake....guy is clueless and his attempts at insights are embarrassing.

Elefantino
07-06-2014, 10:37 AM
Nibali points to his jersey, "... telling everyone 'I am the Spanish champion' "

Phil strikes again.

mcteague
07-06-2014, 11:34 AM
I don't have the distain for the commentary at all. Different strokes I guess.

mcteague, Voight speaking with an Australian accent is nothing new. People have been saying that for years. He rode for the Australian Institute of Sport in the late 90's and to stuck with him (true or not)

Interesting. Whenever I hear him speak his accent just sounds German to me.

Tim

tiretrax
07-06-2014, 12:23 PM
^^Agreed.

How about the graphic with the times of american riders misstating that Talansky was 4.5 minutes back?

teleguy57
07-06-2014, 12:43 PM
Paul used to be good. Yesterday he spoke of Jens Voigt speaking English in an Australian accent! Even if he meant Austrian that would be wrong. Jens was born in East Germany.

Tim

I recall reading somewhere than Jens spent time in Oz early on, hence the Australian tilt to his German-accented English.