PDA

View Full Version : Tommy Copper, I hate you already

MattTuck
07-05-2014, 09:59 AM
I strongly suspect that you will be the plague of my July.

pdmtong
07-05-2014, 10:15 AM
I strongly suspect that you will be the plague of my July.

Every year there is a series of commercials that just grate

Better than the lance light beer commercial over and over.

The crowds on the three climbs were just unreal

Tdf World Cup World Cup.

Lot of couch time today

Cicli
07-05-2014, 10:21 AM
Whos that?

oldpotatoe
07-05-2014, 10:34 AM
Whos that?

Glad somebody asked.

tiretrax
07-05-2014, 10:38 AM
Stupid compression gear company.

It's rare that I watch anything in real time. The dvr inventor deserves a Nobel Prize.

MattTuck
07-05-2014, 10:40 AM
It is a line of clothing being advertised on tdf. They make specious claims about the health benefits.

Cicli
07-05-2014, 10:40 AM
Yeah, I set the DVR for stage one.

I guess I will have to catch up on my hating later.

enr1co
07-05-2014, 01:57 PM
Every year there is a series of commercials that just grate

Better than the lance light beer commercial over and over.

...or that guy from last year caddying and then playing beach volleyball.

Really, I dont know riding friends (or non riding friends) that waste beer space with that Michelob lite crap.

enr1co
07-05-2014, 02:04 PM
Stupid compression gear company.

It's rare that I watch anything in real time. The dvr inventor deserves a Nobel Prize.

Lol- the rodeo guy has broken almost every bone in his body but Tommy Cooper compression wear is his miracle therapy.

Im too cheap to pay for a DVR with our Comcast subscription- aside from the TdF there is nothing on TV/cable I find worthwhile to record and re-watch.

Sorta OT: Am I the only one that finds Steve Porino /riding in the pack on a motorcycle commentary useless?

enr1co
07-05-2014, 02:05 PM
deleted dup post

Stephen2014
07-05-2014, 04:27 PM
At first I thought it was about

http://www.pamalam.co.uk/00/tommy_cooper.jpg

pdmtong
07-05-2014, 05:09 PM
Lol- the rodeo guy has broken almost every bone in his body but Tommy Cooper compression wear is his miracle therapy.

Im too cheap to pay for a DVR with our Comcast subscription- aside from the TdF there is nothing on TV/cable I find worthwhile to record and re-watch.

Sorta OT: Am I the only one that finds Steve Porino /riding in the pack on a motorcycle commentary useless?

The commentary continues to lack insight and is overly pandering

Wasn't it obvious as soon as jens dropped those two he was going for the mom jersey? Took awhile for the a-ha to be brought to light

CVV has a chance to offer an opinion and waffles. David Millar ? That was painful for the interviewer and his lack of understanding his place.

Steve on the bike could be much more but isn't.

pdmtong
07-05-2014, 05:10 PM
Tommy uses copper

Columbia uses titantium

What other metals kill stink?

Idris Icabod
07-05-2014, 05:13 PM
At first I thought it was about

http://www.pamalam.co.uk/00/tommy_cooper.jpg

This would be so much better. Comic genius.

tiretrax
07-05-2014, 05:35 PM
Tommy uses copper

Columbia uses titantium

What other metals kill stink?

I don't know what's more painful - listening to the bleetings of the announcers or watching Cavendish hold his collarbone.

jlwdm
07-05-2014, 10:32 PM

It is not about re-watching. It is about watching - delayed. Can't imagine having cable or satellite without a DVR.

Jeff

enr1co
07-05-2014, 10:53 PM
It is not about re-watching. It is about watching - delayed. Can't imagine having cable or satellite without a DVR.

Jeff

To clarify, aside from the TdF there is nothing on TV/cable I find worthwhile to record.

jlwdm
07-06-2014, 09:18 AM
To clarify, aside from the TdF there is nothing on TV/cable I find worthwhile to record.

But if you have cable, do you watch any tv? If you do you should be watching it on a DVR.

Jeff

FastforaSlowGuy
07-06-2014, 09:53 AM
I share your pain. Tommy Copper is killing me already. So bad and so LOOONG.

My wife thinks a DVR would result in me watching more bike racing so it's a tough sell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jlwdm
07-06-2014, 12:05 PM

My wife thinks a DVR would result in me watching more bike racing so it's a tough sell.

Tell her you could watch more cycling, but in less time.

Jeff

FastforaSlowGuy
07-06-2014, 02:34 PM
Tell her you could watch more cycling, but in less time.

Jeff

If DVR could edit out the helicopters in the background, I'd have a shot. It's the helicopters that really drive her nuts.