PDA

View Full Version : WTB small-ish cyclocross bike

potatochip
07-04-2014, 05:02 PM
Looking to buy a cx bike for my girlfriend. Complete or just the frame, either is fine. She is 5'7" so I'm guessing something like a 54 with a small top tube or a 50/52 with a big head tube. Can probably fudge a bit with the numbers based on the angles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bargainguy
07-04-2014, 06:10 PM
ST 48, ATT 51, ETT 52. PM for details.

Peter B
07-04-2014, 06:41 PM
Here is a 2005 54 steel Planet X in white w/ dark blue metallic fade. Steel IF unicrown fork. DA7700 shifters, DA fr/r mech, DA chain, DA 12-23 cass, DA hubs laced to blue OP 32h rims w/ DB spokes. Pauls Neo Retro canti brakes. WCS stem, Pro Vibe 7s 42 bars. FSA K-force SLK 36-46 crankset. Blue King HS. Moots straight post, Aspide or Flite saddle. No pedals.
Low miles, 2nd owner, one of my 17 bikes. Bosses for f/r fenders and rear rack. Clean, dialed and ready to ride.
Geo from original owner:
"This was a custom frame and has the sterling silver headbadge. The specs are as follows: Top tube -53.8, Seat tube- 54 center to top of top tube (2 degree slope on top tube) and 55.5 center to top of seat clamp. Seat angle is 72.5 and Head angle is 71.5. The bottom bracket was built 1 cm lower so it rails through the corners with a lower center of gravity."

I paid a bit over $2k and I see framesets going for ~$850-$1200. I suspect market is ~$1600 for a complete quick sale and perhaps a bit more if parted. The frame was scratched a bit during shipping once (rear wheel/cassette scraped DT near BB, touched up w/ original paint). Touch-up paint included. Otherwise it is in very good condition. It has seen a few thousand miles use. Shifters are very crisp.

I like the bike alot but have way too many, this one hasn't been ridden in awhile and is somewhat duplicative. Let me know if you have any interest.

Peter

tiretrax
07-04-2014, 08:37 PM
Primus Mootry - just repainted. Needs new stickers. White Porsche Martini tribute.

potatochip
07-08-2014, 10:22 AM
Still looking. Essentially something that fits someone with long legs and a short torso.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk