PDA

View Full Version : ongoing revelations

don compton
07-01-2014, 09:38 PM
I have talked about some of this before. I bought some "short and shallow" bars from a Specialized store ( $35 plus tax ). I was able to enjoy riding my IF Crown Jewel again. By the way, its 10 years old. Well, I have been enjoying wide rims and lower pressures.
Recently, I just couldn't resist some Campy Neutron Ultras on Ribble, 729 total shipped to my house. I bit. I am using Vredestien Grand Fundos Tricomps, 700x25's 75lbs,85lbs, fr/r. and I think this combo is perfect. And, the ride over many of our bumpy roads in the Gold Country of Northern Cal. is superb.If I could use a wider tire I would, but no room.

tiretrax
07-01-2014, 11:08 PM
Sounds like a good plan. Fall in love with your bike all over again.

fogrider
07-02-2014, 12:29 AM
new parts really can bring new life back to and old frame. I just rebuilt a Ron Cooper with new parts and it rides better than all my newer bikes so I had it repainted!!!

one60
07-03-2014, 01:43 AM
you mention riding with wide clincher rims & now also new neutrons which I believe are a standard width rim. Would be interested in your thoughts on the ride quality & differences between the two, particularly if using same tire/tire pressure.