PDA

View Full Version : Who makes a nice looking women's sleeveless jersey?

FastforaSlowGuy
06-30-2014, 02:13 PM
My wife wants something sleeveless (tan lines). Her taste runs toward the minimal end of design, away from the big patterns many companies use and far away from the cutsie colors frequently used. I was hoping Rapha or Road Holland made something like this, but nope. Found some others, but many seem to be made more for spin class than actual cycling (read: crummy pockets or too short).

Any tips?

fiamme red
06-30-2014, 02:22 PM
I think Castelli makes what your wife is looking for, as well as Pearl Izumi and Giordana.

donevwil
06-30-2014, 02:28 PM
Same here. My wife's favorite so far are her Hincapie sleeveless jerseys, Pearl Izumi is OK, Castelli didn't fit her well. Unfortunately she bought the Hincapies a couple years ago and what I'm seeing on the website look quite a bit different.

spacemen3
06-30-2014, 02:30 PM
Santini usually makes understated stuff.

rice rocket
06-30-2014, 02:32 PM
The answer lies in subliminal messages until she thinks tan lines are cool.;)

FastforaSlowGuy
06-30-2014, 02:34 PM
The answer lies in subliminal messages until she thinks tan lines are cool.;)

I was feeling pretty proud of myself this year for alternating jerseys with slightly different sleeve lengths, thinking it would help transition my arm from brown to stark white a bit more gradually, which would make me less ridiculous looking to my wife. Turns out I'm wrong; she tells me that having 3 tan lines is worse than 1 bright one.

I've got a lot of work to do with her and tan lines.

yoshirider
06-30-2014, 02:39 PM
Here's a nice one from Giordana and at 70% off too:
http://www.backcountry.com/giordana-silverline-sleeveless-jersey-womens

Alternatively, maybe you can get some arm coolers for her to block the sun. I've been wearing these Zoot arm coolers since last year and no longer have tan lines on my arms. They also keep me cooler on hot summer days better than bare arms.
http://zootsports.com/mens/accessories/ultra-icefill-arm-coolers-s13

Hawker
06-30-2014, 10:07 PM
If she doesn't have to look like a sponsored racer, Terry now has a huge selection of great looking stuff. Since they were sold about four years ago they have hugely expanded their clothing line, while playing down the sale of their bicycles. Middle aged women (my wife) who want to look good but are not looking for a race-fit seem to like their stuff.

www.terrybicycles.com

oldpotatoe
07-01-2014, 06:53 AM
I was feeling pretty proud of myself this year for alternating jerseys with slightly different sleeve lengths, thinking it would help transition my arm from brown to stark white a bit more gradually, which would make me less ridiculous looking to my wife. Turns out I'm wrong; she tells me that having 3 tan lines is worse than 1 bright one.

I've got a lot of work to do with her and tan lines.

hubba hubba

;)

I think cycling 'arm and leg transplant' tan lines on a fit female are keen...

roguedog
07-01-2014, 08:46 AM
Have her go here: http://www.teamestrogen.com/product/apparel/tops/sleeveless/c0-c1-c2-c6.html. That castelli Mondrian looks nice.

Lots to choose from. Good company.

jmoore
07-01-2014, 08:49 AM
Buy a short sleeve jersey and take it to a tailor? It can't cost more than $10 to cut the sleeves off and put a hem on it.

sandyrs
07-01-2014, 08:59 AM
hubba hubba

;)

I think cycling 'arm and leg transplant' tan lines on a fit female are keen...

word up